2nd Grow

Discussion in 'Grow Room Pix and Journals' started by Mjannn, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Mjannn

Mjannn Member

Ok guy's i had one grow last year it went pretty good,now i need some advice i started my second grow indoors,its march and in my country its still snow(strange) i just planted 1 seed in one plastic glass i have planted the glass under a led and on top of it some nailon the temperature is around 22-25 will she make it out(grow from the ground) what are the chance's?

2. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

moisture and temperature are the only thing a seed needs..they are made to germinate WITHOUT light...turn the lamp off till it peeks its head out...dont know what railon is...cover the cup with plastic wrap...keep it moist and warm....

3. Mjannn

Mjannn Member

So the LED aint helping? nailon = plastic wrap

4. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

Plants will sprout in the dark and even grow for a few days.
    I cover my pots with bubble wrap followed by newspaper on top till they sprout.

5. Mjannn

Mjannn Member

How much do they need to sprout?day 3 still nothing...

6. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

did you put an ungerminated seed into soil?..if you did..it could take easily a week...next time...drop the seedin an inch of water in a cup..not straight out of the tap...it will float...overnight it will sink..this means it is water saturated..then put it in a moist paper towel in a covered cup...2 days and you will have a tap root coming out..plant that with the root down and the seed head up right below the surface

ps..any seed still floating in the morning may need a little nudge to sink it....

7. Mjannn

Mjannn Member

Ungerminated...i did that butt it was only in the cup for like 20 hours i couldnt wait ( no patience) si i decided to put it in the soil..now i will wait.
    I was just wondering will it sprout cuz i didnt germinated it. tnx

8. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

How ever did cannabis survive without paper towels lucky us humans came along i'd say. As long as you keep them moist and covered with a good soil temp there be fine. I would of watered them in first and not just misted the top. Expect an extra day or two on top of whats already been said.
    Good soil temp can be maintained by wrapping your pot in plastic bubble wrap too.