23 weeks preggo and leaking urine issue....

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by sweetdreadlover, Feb 15, 2009.

1. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

so after being freaked out about it being leaking amniotic fluid, but the doc saying if i havent had any contractions or any loody discharge to wear a pad and (ew) sniff it when i remove it, and if it smells sweet that may be amniotic fluid, but if it smells like urine, well its probably urine.
    well, its urine.
    grrr. its not only when i sneeze or cough or laugh, its all the time! could it just be baby sitting on my bladder??

2. MaryJBlaze

MaryJBlaze eleven

if you're not already,you need to start doing kegal exercises religiously to keep all of that area intact and useful for the future

3. jgirl

jgirl Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Do your Kegals.

4. HippyFreek

HippyFreek Vintage Member

I third the kegals, man! It'll help during labor. :)

5. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

i have been doing kegals
    i have always had a weak bladder i just think baby is making it worse lol

6. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

I know what you're going through! I've always had a weak bladder due to reccurent UTI's as a child...and with pregnancy, my bladder was even more irritated.

When I was about 17 weeks pregnant with my twins, I was bending down to tie my oldest son's shoe and all of a sudden I felt this trickling sensation out of nowhere. I checked and it was clear, which wasn't surprising because I was drinking a ton of water daily...and it didn't have any type of scent really. But to be cautious, I put a call in to my OB, explained that I thought it might simply be a bladder issue, but of course he told me to go to L&D (which was the first of many trips there during my twin pregnancy for this, that, and everything else! *laughs*) so that they could test to see if the fluid was amniotic or not.

It ended up being urine. I felt embarassed, but definitely relieved!

I did the Kegels, but unfortunately I simply had a difficult time taming my bladder into submission due to it's weakened condition, especially with having two babies in there at once bouncing on my bladder. ;)

My advice? Wear panty liners or sanitary pads during the rest of your pregnancy. :)

7. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

i've never had a weak bladder and kegals are a part of my daily routine, have been for years. i still leaked. it was a pain in the ass, but what can you do? my baby liked to sit right down low there on my bladder and that was that.

8. Maddox88

Maddox88 Member

I had the same problem, and other than kegals theres not much you can do aside from stalk up on panty liners. I had this problem for a few months after i had my baby, too... it doesnt last forever i promise, just hang in there. This will all be over before you know it.