21 century Horror Movies Suck

Discussion in 'Horror Movies' started by wonderboy841, Aug 23, 2005.

1. kif

kif Member

I havent tried SH due to some of my friends saying that it wasnt that great, but I keep haering mixed feelings on it. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem was another game that creeped me out a lot.

2. Therefore...

Therefore... Antidentite

SH is not as good as Resident Evil IMO. I played it mainly for the aesthetics. There are some pretty cool ideas, rooms and puzzles in them, disturbing though they are.

I see that we're kind of off topic. To get back on the topic of movies, I'll say that they need a Silent Hill movie. That could be a fucking scary flick if it was done right.

3. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

I used to play Resident Evil on the PC quite a few years ago, and I remember it kept me bordering on nervous breakdown for weeks. :D

I'm not affected much by a lot of horror movies, but I only watch what's on tv, which usually isn't the worst you can get.

Slasher movies suck, period. I prefer more mysterious, atmospheric horror movies. When it's about hordes of high-school teens getting slaughtered, you know in advance that you're in for a boring two hours.

4. Spuff

Spuff Where's my ciggies?

Games, movies, TV, whatever ... whenever they're supposed to be scary, they just aren't because it's on a screen ... it's not really happening. Certain parts of movies make me jump but that's because it's the body's reflexes to sudden noises or things jumping out but it doesn't actually scare me.
    I prefer thrillers and films that make you use your imagination to onset your own kind of fear ... I think Saw did that, in a way, because you're trying to work out who-done-it!

5. vegetable_man

vegetable_man Member

High Tension and Saw, both did groovy jobs in terms of atmospher and shock effect... and I think the Dawn of the Dead and Amiteville Horror re-makes both did surprisingly well In mood setting, atmospher, and the enviroment of the films, but don't get me wrong, I think the originals are a lot better...

6. Mr MiGu

Mr MiGu King of the Zombies

they are currently making a silent hill movie (a friend of mine is working on the sound for it)

for video games, id suggest half life 2. some parts of that are really fucking scary

also try fear. ive just started playing it, and the mood it creates is really creepy. though its like any other fps, the music and the hallucinations are pretty scary, and ive only played a very short amount of it

though, nothing beats getting high to fill your head with paranoia and taking a walk through a dark forest in the middle of the night

7. Dariah

Dariah Member

I think the only movie I can give credit to is Saw. It's suspense almost had me piss myself.