2019-nCoV Coronovirus (COVID-19]

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Daily new deaths in Texas up until 29th June

7 day average in Brown

You look at this, you wouldn't even be able to pick when the lockdown was

[​IMG]

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Daily new deaths in the UK up until 29th of June. 7 day average in Brown

[​IMG]

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

We need to highlight this graph chart... I suggest using a brown line which will attract and catch the eye.

4. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

World's dominant strain of coronavirus 'is 10 TIMES more infectious than the one that jumped to humans in China' because it mutated so its vital spike protein doesn't snap as often in the body, scientists say

A mutated version of the coronavirus that has gripped Europe and the West is more infectious because it doesn't break as often while inside the body, a study has found.

Researchers at The Scripps Research Institute in Florida say the 'spike protein' that the virus uses to attach to cells in the airways has adapted since January.

It used to break off regularly while trying to bind to receptors in people's airways, which it would use to gain entry to the body, but is now more resilient, they say.

A genetic mutation which scientists around the world have been picking up on for months appears to have caused this spike to be less likely to snap, and also to force the coronaviruses to produce more of them to make itself more infectious.

pattymary likes this.
  5. Napoleon Hill’s Spectre

Napoleon Hill’s Spectre Members

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

[​IMG]

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Well, they are going to attempt local lockdowns in Melbourne from tomorrow, we will see how that goes

Four reasons to be allowed out, work, school, shopping,care, exercising.... which is most of the reasons people go out anyway, and it seems they can't count as that is 5

Stay-at-home orders for Vic hotspots
    [​IMG]
    Ally Foster
    Stage 3 stay-at-home restrictions will be put in place for COVID-19 hotspots in Victoria from tomorrow night.

The orders will come into force from 11.59pm on Wednesday, with residents only allowed to leave their homes for four reasons.

These reasons include for work or school, for care or care giving, for daily exercise, for food and other essentials.

"They are the acceptable reasons to leave but only if you need to. It is not an opportunity to go shoe shopping, it is not an opportunity to be taking daily exercise for the whole day," Mr Andrews said.

The postcodes subject to stay-at-home orders include:

– 3012 (Brooklyn, Kingville, Maidstone, Tottenham, West Footscray)

– 3021 (Alban Vale, Kealba, Kings Park, St Albans)

– 3032 (Ascot Vale, High Point City, Maribyrnong, Travancore)

– 3038 (Keilor Downs, Keilor Lodge, Taylors Lakes, Watergardens)

– 3042 (Airport West, Keilor Park, Niddrie)

– 3046 (Glenroy, Hadfield, Oak Park)

– 3047 (Broadmeadows, Dallas, Jacana)

– 3055 (Brunswick South, Brunswick West, Moonee Vale, Moreland West)

– 3060 (Fawkner)

– 3064 (Craigieburn, Donnybrook, Mickleham, Roxburgh Park and Kalkallo)

Mr Andrews said this decision was made because of the "unacceptably high rates of community transmission and the unacceptably high rates of new cases".

These restrictions will be in place for four weeks until July 29.

8. Napoleon Hill’s Spectre

Napoleon Hill’s Spectre Members

Hopefully we don’t go back to total lockdown as that would really suck.

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

7 months in, yet another newscorp article claiming experts are puzzled

As usual, no mention of summer vs winter, population density, half the victims are obese, 90% are over 70

This one even contains the phrase "immunological dark matter" for crying out loud

"Cause for optimism has been fuelled by additional speculation about the potential of a “immunological dark matter”, Prof Franks and Prof Rocklov said."

A curious pattern has emerged in the infection rate of COVID-19

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I actually want to see Dan Andrews try this time, as I think too many will turn on him

Time to call their bluff

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Lolz, a bit of biff in Arkansas

12. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Texas officials announced nearly 7,000 new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday, breaking the state's record for the total number of confirmed cases in one day.

[​IMG]

13. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Today was the first day I was kicked out of a business for not wearing a mask.

She was a Karen for sure.

Dude111 and Sagewynd like this.
  14. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I’m glad you were kicked out. Not wearing a mask in public right now Is a callus disregard for others. I think those who refuse to where a mask should be charged with criminal assault.

hotwater likes this.
  15. 6-eyed shaman

Wear your muzzle if you want

I'm not a sheep

Dude111 and Sagewynd like this.
  16. 6-eyed shaman

By this logic,

Everyone who is out protesting George Floyd should be charged with criminal assault

17. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

So...please tell me if I am understanding this and following the logic here...

Since it seems the coronavirus has mutated, it must enter one's airways.... or it will definitely TRY to get in your airways.

THEREFORE, a mask - which does a dang good job of blocking one's airways from "open air" - would be a great thing to wear.

What am I not understanding?

I, OF COURSE, wear a mask when shopping or going inside a store. Well, I didn't once...and about had a panic attack until I got out of there. anyway - this is what I think about all the people that are refusing to wear masks. All of you wizened folk who aren't going to adhere to "dress rules", be sheeple, etc etc :rolleyes:

I think you SHOULD NOT wear one, if you don't want to...BUT you need to stay around people that are like you. People that feel as you do are who you non-mask-wearers need to be around!!!. Surely you brilliant, independent thinking people see the logic of that! .

(I'm sorry...I'm tired of trying to explain or even wonder why and even HOW people of supposed intelligence (smarter than our president) gripe and fail to see the importance of wearing a mask.)

So -

CULL THAT HERD! There are yuge spikes in new numbers of cases of covid19....and I bet they were independent thinking, non-mask wearers, OR in contact with (those smarter-than-the-herd) non-mask wearers. hmmmmm It seems they subconsciously feel the same way...If you live, GREAT! You survive Darwin's test! :celebrate:

...If you die...well, survival of the fittest?

RIGHT???

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Paris Hilton is a thing again apparently

"Paris Hilton has set the standard for pointless (albeit fashionable) face masks amid the coronavirus pandemic.

The businesswoman, 39, donned a diamanté mesh face mask as she stepped out to dinner with her boyfriend Carter Reum and friends in Los Angeles."

[​IMG]

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

She got big heels.

Lynnbrown likes this.
  20. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

masks.jpg