"2010" Ocala ...."Howdy Folks"....1st post

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by forkman, Dec 9, 2009.

1. forkman

forkman Member

First of all a big thank you to all that came out for our scouting council last month!
    We meet the FS permit contacted person on Friday at the Forest Service Office who gave us their big topo maps to help us scout.
    We had a good scout outing on Saturday. There were about 25 of us altogether and we covered a lot of area that had never been considered before. We also set out on Sunday with about 20 of us, including many new scouts, to an area that had what were trails in the past and are now all numbered Forest Service Roads. We found a spot in between the numbered roads that has an old fire break that is now a marked trail that makes a loop deep in to the woods. It was a very nice spot to have the gathering that we have never used before. We are still awaiting the "good word" from the Forest Service that the spot meets all of the required criteria both for us and them.
    A second site was also found, also in the southern portion of the Ocala National Forest, that while we had been in the general area before, we had never been in this particular section before. This location is outside of the Wilderness Area that was used the last time we were here.
    The third site, which we are actually hoping to use next year, is Lake Mary. This time, however, we are considering flipping the way the site was used so buses and general parking would be on the east side of the lake and making the west side the back door so as not to impact the boat ramp area that is a day use area. We would still get some parking on that side but it would be limited to handicapped, supply, drop off, etc..
    SO…………..
    We submitted 3 new proposals to Ranger Rick, (Pats Supervisor) Pat Tooley and the FS.
    We hope to bring all three proposals to the table for council to decide on during the Florida Family Council in January.
    Council will be held at Farles Prairie on the 15th 16th & 17th of January (off FR 599a). Camping will be allowed there for up to 14 days. The permit for the gathering itself that is being applied for covers the period of February 1st through the 28th with 5 days of seed camp & 7 days of clean up.
    And, in accordance with the wishes of Council from last year, the dates of the Ocala Gathering are expected to be the 6th of February to the 21st of February with the 13th, 14th and 15th, Valentines and Presidents Day Weekend in the middle this year.
    PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, DO NOT COME DO NOT COME TO THE OCALA BEFORE JANUARY 10th 2010. January 9th is the last day of hunting season. There are NO HOLDING CAMPS THIS YEAR. There are only pay campgrounds and hunting camps which require a hunting license for admission. Once again former holding camp sites like Buck Lake, Mill Pond and The Slab are not being used for their former purposes and are unavailable.
    Further, be prepared for a major change this year. Food left unattended FOR ANY PERIOD OF TIME must be either hung or placed in a FS Approved bear container which can be purchased or built. While this may not impact the larger kitchens as much, smaller kitchens and communities must choose to either staff their sites 100% of the time, hang food on pallets or in bear bags or to buy or build approved food storage box(es). The FS WILL be ticketing violations so please include this consideration in your preparations. Details will be forthcoming, but for now, a word to the wise should be sufficient. This is not directed at the Gathering but rather a part of a change in overall Forest management and strategy.
    Lastly because of the increased pressure on the bears and other factors, the FS will be pushing for daily trash removal. Please include this in your planning as well. Pick-ups and other vehicles will be needed for this effort as well as other uses including water and supply and, due to the economy and other factors, there are less old school assets available for this task this year.
    Looking forward to a great year and seeing you all at council … and remember WWEEEEEE LLOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEE YYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!

2. TradinBill

TradinBill Member

3. agentorange

agentorange Member

Ya.........this is strange and feels like a personal movie. I got a call about this earlier and didn't quite believe it.............what happened to the "acola" diversion??

4. zencoyote

zencoyote Member

Need a band-aid?

Capt. Sav-a-ho

5. forkman

forkman Member

Well how did we do on the rest of the post? if I got the Tidle wrong I'm sorry for that and maybe we let some one elce to post all the info for the family! OK I gus I'll take that band-aid now THANK YOU >.>

6. luvione

luvione Member

Gee Zen,,, are ya bein sarcastic? ; )

7. TradinBill

TradinBill Member

Awesome info Forkman !!!! So many of us are glad to see someone looking for new site's rather than trampling down the few Forestry has left us with. We miss our old sites of Alexander and especially my Favorite, "Hidden Pond".
    Thank you for your time & energy in working for Family !!!!!

Love-N-Hug's,

Tradin' Bill a.k.a. Fla_Hippy

"Let each be mindful of that place, that niche, that purpose each is to fill, and fill that with all of the power, might, strength, that lies within that body!"

- EDGAR CAYCE

8. preachermike

preachermike Member

Zen was being Zen, 8^)

9. forkman

forkman Member

It's ok now! I'm out of edit mode now..... LOL....We can chat now :)

10. bigbpound

bigbpound Member

I for one know that i will probably not be going to the high holy approved pay campgrounds for holding camp. There will be other people in the woods feeding people that will not be at these paid camp sites. So lovin u family and can't wait to see u all this year.

11. Kenny_CC_Kids

Kenny_CC_Kids Member

We love you family and we can't wait to see you,the kids are getting big and they are old enough now to appreciate our surroundings and grow with the family....this year I believe i'm going to setup camp in kiddie village,can't deal with the stress of agro behavior anymore! Peace family, lovin you all!

12. forkman

forkman Member

1st We only rented the pay site for council!! It's huntting season . It was to keep the family safe for that week end! @ 2nd I payed for that on my own Visa Card !!!! You don't ever say I'm using family $$$$ OK!
    Hay Kenny Kids it will be good for you & your family to come in side this year. "Loven You All"

13. Barry208

Barry208 Member

No one that i know of is focalizing an official or semi official holding camp in or out of the forest. However there are wonderful places to stay throughout the State of Florida and the region.

We always look forward to hosting pholks we know as they pass through South Florida. That is part of the magic of Gathering, finding and connecting with local and national family and why participating is so important. I know that people I meet will act and dress differently in Babylon, but they will not BE differently, the core of who they are shines through, regardless of circumstances.

So chop vegetables, work on the water system, help out at Main Supply, kick down in Kiddie Village, dig a shitter .... the person you meet might be your next holding camp when the weather blows cold and friends are still not answering your facebooks...

See you all in Ocala ... looks like a fun year commin'

With love,

Barry

14. luvione

luvione Member

15. agentorange

agentorange Member

im gettin that itch......................time to go. Been crashin in babylon for too long now....for some reason i went north after shawnee........gotta hitch a few hours north to get my gear then i'm headed south. big fun hitchin out of new england in the winter...........wish me and dutch dog luck. gonna stop a few places on the way, ashevegas bein one of em but i plan to be in the woods by the middle of jan. or so. lovin you family, thanks for all that you do!

16. zencoyote

zencoyote Member

That's curious...I haven't seen anyone suggest you have...(((shrug)))

If I make it to Ocala this year (in need of a ride down) you know where I'll be...
    at Front Gate. Patching up, caring for and loving those who are unloved by the family.

Yup! Capt. Sav-a-ho rides again.

Zen

17. sonoran sam

sonoran sam Member

for a share of the gas you've got a x-country ride with me and the dogs...i'll be leaving las vegas around the 6th or 7th.

18. luvione

luvione Member

Lucky kids havin you care for them!!

19. zencoyote

zencoyote Member

I guess you have a point. I post this kind of stuff to remind those who disparage my children that setting an example of love and caring is how to turn these kids around. Ignoring them and bitching about them solves nothing. They are OUR children!!!!

I get the feeling the High Holies in the paid campground fear these kids. There is nothing to fear...if you love them and help them.

Zen

20. luvione

luvione Member

I for one agree w/ you. I have so many kids that I didnt birth personally! The love I receive in return is amazing! When I was young & wild, I had my mentors.Spirit bless them, and the beat goes on. Much Lovins Zen,, Family,,,,,