2006 in Colorado

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by iSiS, Aug 18, 2005.

1. iSiS

iSiS Member

Who's going to this gathering? If I do it will be my first and I do so really want to go!

2. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

we all be there

3. MidnightSun

MidnightSun Member

I'll be there!!!!!!!

4. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

can you narrow down the time frame?

5. earthmother

earthmother senior weirdo

Whenever folks start showing up until they all leave. June thru August, perhaps?

6. balance_n_venus

balance_n_venus Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

yeah , Big crowd will be there about 2 weeks before the 4th of july and some time after. Lots of fun

7. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

isis your goin? awesome ;) i'll be there..i'm always there if theres any way possible to go
    i think this will b my 20 year aniversity from my 1st gatherin :)
    i'll be lookin for yaall..we really should do a lil hipforum popcorn or coffee kitchen or somethin

8. dacassdawg

dacassdawg Member

ok i definitely would love to go but where in colorado is it?

9. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

unclear if its happening or not. Howdy Folks goes out in may/june
    Here we are raging debate over a regional v national and two separate sites.

10. SucculentFlower

SucculentFlower earthfirst!

Hey Now!! Hope ya'll are feeling the love...I'm very certain that there is a National in Colorado being planned for 2006....what is under debate : weither to have a Regional THIS year and where...some (west slope?) Family are calling the shots for the National....but there is going to be a potluck held in Denver, on the 28th of this month I believe some Family in the Denver/Boulder area and even some Family from Idaho and N.Mexico are hankering for a Regional...if anyone wants to go to the potluck in Denver:August 28 potluck directions you can send an email:allen80207(at)qwest.net

11. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

im very soon going to be purchaseing a vw bus to take up to the gathering. It will be my first gathering, and i could not be more excited about it. So people show up weeks before the acual gathering? that sounds nice. more time to meet people and grow relationships. Hopefully my lil bus will be able to make it but im more than positive i WILL be there! im so excited. and im thinking im going to make a bunch of stuff and bring a bunch of food and turn my bus into a lil kitchen. :) im so excited im jumping out of my skin.

12. soulofthetrees33

soulofthetrees33 Member

hell yes. im taking off on sept 5th of this year and will be wandering around and living in the woods until then. ill bring my drum.

13. earthmother

earthmother senior weirdo

Hope you're a good VW mechanic!!!!

14. soaringeagle

directions are never known till after spring council & the seed camp starts shortly after..generaly mid june (around the 15th)
    seed camp foes on till the 1st & swells very quickly from say 1500 people to 20,000 or more
    by the 4th there will be a city in the woods..
    around the 7th-10th it starts to thin out & then cleanup continues about a month till theres no sign we were ever there..

if you want to know rumors of where it will be watch the scout reports on alt.gathering.rainbow
    but dont expect any word on an official site untillaround june 15th
    & just cause they say colorado doesnt snescacarily mean it will be colotado, it means somewhere in the area of colorado
    se yaall at home ;) & as always, someone pick me up in philly & take me home (never too early to start lookin for rides..lol)

15. soaringeagle

oh..side note for all yas headed to your 1st gathering, & semi related to my ride request..it may be pretty useful to take someone with ya whos been to sa few since often the directions are confusing & sometimes u just gotta know how to find it..somtimes its just instinct..or sometimes u may follow a bird, one regional i found by wandering the woods for a month before it started, asking people, being sent all over the forrest & finaly just chose a spot to camp & wait..& the spot i chose aweek later ended up being the trail head, & the very 1st kitcken showed up & kinda scared us when we heard loud voices outside our tent at 3am..lol
    if u go on faith..faith will guide you home

16. iSiS

iSiS Member

Certainly. If I do go it will be in the company of my cousin who's gone to gatherings before =)

17. RainDance

RainDance Member

I'm going! I'm going!

This will be my second Gathering. My first one was in Idaho 01. It has been much too long since I've been home and I am ecstatic to go.
    I'm heading to the Colorado area in April to hike around in the wilderness and I'll be at the gathering bright and early to help set up.

18. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

ya i just recently rethought that through and came to the conclusion my 2002 ford f150 extended cab with a camper shell would be a much better fit for the journey. hahaha.

soaringeagle. ive seen your posts before about asking for rides to the gatherings and i have been considering doing something just like that. Ive been kinda stuck about the people id bring to this thing. most of my friends really arent into that and their parents sure as hell wouldnt ever let them. Also like you said, id love to have someone ride along with me who knows what the hell is going on and where. I may very well be your ride, i just need some time to figure everything out. Im working right now, and when next semester's term comes along ill be going to college for about 6 months or so but off for the summer and the gathering. So. Who knows.

19. soulofthetrees33

soulofthetrees33 Member

the dates are july 1- 5th or something right?

20. bivy

bivy Member

i'll be there. i've been to three gatherings so far and plan to go to a coupla regionals in the meantime. i never know how i'll get there, but i always get there. if anyone's close to north georgia around october, directions will be posted somewhere on hipforum. we would love to see support from kind family.