2 turntables and microphone

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by rhasta.penguin, Apr 2, 2007.

1. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

since i've been living with a guy with 2 turntables, i've been wanting to get more and more into djing. not just doing the typical matching one vinyl to another; but being able to do samples, scratch real well, and being able to play drums with 2 turn tables. its an exciting art form and experssion of music that is pretty dope. i could never get extremly into it, but to hear it done is fun.

if there were clubs around here that had dj's that played old school psychedelic music or good hip-hop instrumental type beats, i would be in heaven. im sure as hell not going to another club where they play mainstream hip-hop again...ugh o_O im sure there is a place like that around here, but im still only 19 :( stupid laws...think im gonna bust open another fat tire while i wait for my theremin to arrive

2. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

wicked. :D you could do it. you can do anything musically.

isn't scratching like.. doesn't it ruin the record? :(

3. rhasta.penguin

they make specific records made for scratching. you can still mess around with any record, but it would damage it a little bit. im not planning on going through my roommates collection and scratching the needle all over all of em. but i may a little :D

4. rhasta.penguin

hell ya, my theremin came :D it is very hard to play. i am training my arm to stay still so that i can keep the same pitch without it warboling in and out. its wearing my arms out...maybe i will gain a little muscle or something :H :D

5. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

I have sorta prominent arm muscles, and I'm really disgusted by them, and I'm pretty sure I acquired them through baking and vigourous stirring... I mean, I bake enough every day.. :D It's probably the real reason.

But, every time I try to explain to a person when they ask me how I got all arm muscley, I'm like "oh.. baking. :D" and they're all ":rolleyes: that's what you call it eh?"

gross. :D

I'm just going to tell them I eat's me spinach from now on.

6. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Aahaha, I never thought of it that way.

Spinich. Ahhhh... why do so many people hate spinich. For some reason, I love green leafy things.

7. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

Man, being under 21 is starting to become fucking lame. I've never cared about drinking, 'cause I think alcohol tastes like old dishwater, but virtually every venue I want to get into is 21 and over. Ugh. December can't come soon enough. (o_O)

Please don't tell me that's what your creepy uncle says... :(

8. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum

the turn tables you use for scratching are weighted and if weighted properly they won't damage your records :D
    my turn tables need to be plugged into a pa system for the mixer to work properly...which sucks ass man...i rent a pa system but i can only have it for a short while...but renting is a hell of a lot cheaper than buying one...pa systems can be really pricey :(
    mixing and scratching is so much fun though :D
    i really want to get better at it...i'd love for some to teach me...i have a theory book but heh its not too great book learning for djing...