2% of men identify as bisexual

Discussion in 'Bisexual' started by Pobept73, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Pobept73

Pobept73 Members

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention survey shows an increase in the number of people identifying as bisexual. The number of men admitting to having same-sex sexual contact has also increased.

The survey focused on 10,000 people aged 18-44. 2 percent of men said they were bisexual. However, 6.9% of men stated that they were attracted to both men and women. 2.8 percent of straight men reported having had sex with another man.

How is it 6.9% of men are attracted to both men and women and 2.8 percent of straight men have engaged in sex with another man do not identify themselves as bisexual?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  2. soulpoker

soulpoker Senior Member

Well, it took me years to admit to myself the fact I'm attracted to both men and women means I'm bisexual. Had I not been in a dysfunctionally homophobic environment the realization would be obvious to me.
    As far as the straight men who have been with men, it doesn't mean all of them liked it.

3. Lovnflman

Lovnflman Members

I don't know if I'd consider myself bisexual. I haven't been with another guy since my late teens/early twenties. Decades later, and in a sexless marriage, I'm finding the desire to be with a man increasing. Unfortunately I'd want more of a relationship, instead of a blow/fuck and go. Some kissing, cuddling, sucking, and bottoming. I don't know..... since I haven't had MM sex in so long, does that make me bi-curious and not bi?

4. soulpoker

soulpoker Senior Member

Nah. I'd say you're bi. You don't need recent experience to know. You know you like guys. :smile:

Pobept73 likes this.
  5. lion1978

lion1978 The King

95% lied about it.

I'd say it makes you bi

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  6. BiGuySW

BiGuySW Members

Well, think about how much more pressure there is on men than there is on women to always hide your feelings and be or act totally straight.

There are so many men who lie in their responses to those surveys. These men are deeply conditioned to be homophobic and call themselves "straight", even if they secretly get off or want to get off with other men. These are the same men who immediately run off after they squirt with another man, and are subsequently repulsed by their own desires (at least until they whip it out again with another man).

I prefer to have sex with liberated men, not conflicted homophobic men. With liberated men, you can actually hang out after orgasm and savor the moment. With liberated men, you can experience the whole person.

7. lion1978

lion1978 The King

Also known as the "wam bam thank you man" men

8. LowHangers

LowHangers Members

It's been my experience men deny for years as it's not easy to admit your sexual apatite has changed.

9. soulpoker

soulpoker Senior Member

And a lot of those men immediately run off after they squirt with another woman too! Maybe for slightly different reasons but they split. They are afraid of intimacy especially in the "fag way" but still afraid overall.

10. soulpoker

soulpoker Senior Member

Some men desire to be at peace with their same sex loving/lusting ways and are working up to it but aren't quite there yet. I have no idea which one I'll be after my first time. I'm hoping my first guy will be understanding, considerate and compassionate.
    But I agree it's best to be with someone who shares the idea the sexual experience, regardless of the gender of those involved, is freely enjoyable, maybe even beautiful, not to be repulsed by by dysfunctional, counterproductive thinking.

11. BiGuySW

BiGuySW Members

Yes, and a lot of them need not be afraid of intimacy at all, but they have constructed it to mean "romantic in a mushy way". Intimacy really only means being honest and unafraid with another person. The best male lovers I've met simply like other people and are not afraid to let their guard down and enjoy simple and honest communication about whatever happens to be occurring in the moment, whether that communication is through words or body language or touch.

JeffT likes this.
  12. nldn

nldn Senior Member

If the definition is that they have had sex with both men and women, and even if oral sex counts, then seems about right to me.

Pobept73 likes this.
Tags: