2 and a half months in and i'm brushing it out

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by timyooo, Jan 17, 2009.

1. timyooo

timyooo Member

for a few reasons. i really don't want to buuut

1) i really need a job, and i don't want to take any chances that my hair's going to hold me back

2) my parents won't stop giving me shit about it and i don't feel like dealing with that

3) same as number 2 but replace "parents" with "girlfriend"

so i'm pretty pissed about it. but after i get a job and make a decent amount of money (and once my hair gets a bit longer), i'll be starting again.

ugggghhhh

everyone else, have fun with your journey. mine's been great, although it's ending much earlier than i wanted it to. can't wait until i can start again. =]

2. timyooo

timyooo Member

all brushed out.. i had one really good one starting, too. :p

3. mandyland

mandyland Senior Member

bummer. Maybe next time around you'll realize it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks. Its not easy to follow your happiness. If dreads really make you happy, have the courage next time to hold onto that and rise above other peoples comments. I understand though where your coming from. Good luck finding a job!

4. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

I agree with Mandy. My husband doesn't like my dreads and I'd say my Mum&Dad would prefer me without. But they make ME happy so I keep going. All journeys are tough, hopefully next time you'll just do what you want

5. Glacius

Glacius Member

too bad the ones you love wont love you back. hopefully they will be more understanding when you start up again.

6. MoonDoggie

MoonDoggie Member

I'm worried about the job thing too so I can relate. I'm currently getting little hours at Burger King. I so need a better job.
    As for the girl problems, I feel bad for you son.

7. sativa_suncloud2012

sativa_suncloud2012 Member

Damn right, man do shit for yourself not others, Truthfully if yer girl and parents control your life that much, ya need to move away man,lol (Just Kidding). Hey next time just do what you feel, they will get used to them in time, parents are always paranoid of new things, maybey you just gotta educate them all on how clean dreads actually are, as for the job, no jobs ever fired me or turned me away and ive had some pryty classy jobs!!:D

8. Glacius

Glacius Member

you live in BC in a town used to locks. he could be living in a place with more conservative values.

9. sativa_suncloud2012

Not all BC is dready friendly, ive had my ass kicked in BC before, so dont be fooled about what you here about BC,also Nelson BC is changing year by year when i first got here there were dreadys all over, now there are a few, not to mention the culture shop was closed down, seems as though canada in general is going Conservative, Every place has its bad zones, But i do see your point!!!

Oh and ive had dreads in prince rupert, redneck capital of B.C and still got a job at a classy hotel think about that one,lol.:D

10. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

I like you suncloud ^_^

11. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

lol good job kid

12. sativa_suncloud2012

Thanx Luxiebow, same to you and may i add your dreads are awsome!!!
    I love this forum:D

13. ThePmiester

ThePmiester Member

Oh man, doesn't sound like you were in the right state of mind for them :( Hopefully you will be next time ;)
    Oh and as far as girls go, I went to two house parties last night, possibly the first party I have been to where girls wouldn't stop touching them, it was brilliant!
    Tied them back, in a shirt, new jeans I got for 'bargain price' and my DM's, oh man it was good fun!
    Then I wake up in nothing but a Manic Street Preachers T shirt and the girl who I hadn't seen in 5 years lying next to me:eek: