1st grow

Discussion in 'Grow Room Pix and Journals' started by last_soul, Jun 16, 2011.

1. last_soul

last_soul Guest

heres a few pics of my first attempt im running a 400w son t with usual fan set up and soil/perlite mix these are a couple of old pics need to update em now in flowering mode 7x cheese 4x double berry 1x afgan kush :afro: will be scroging the area now theyre in flowering time

[​IMG]

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

Nice.. Keep up the good work.. camera color is a little off, but plants look great from here.. :D

3. last_soul

last_soul Guest

ye cam wasnt the best but ooh baby they looking yummi now

4. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

Looking great and cant see any issues would love to see the update of them in bloom.

5. last_soul

last_soul Guest

aaaaaaaaggggggh help had a bit of dilema wasnt sure what happend but realised the timer switch blew and threw them on 24 hr of light :( after being flowerd so theyve stretched a little now all has been replaced and wanted to ask for some advice on food for flowering i have some tomato food with the n.p.k levels at n2.0 p6.0 k3.5 but went and bought some sulphate of potash with the potasium oxide level 40.7% its boost for flowering and ripening of fruit will this be ok to use during the flowering times?

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

you should try it on a plant you care little about first. See what happens.. Im not a measuring cup. Sorry, I really dont measure anything.. / but I could say I use this 10/30/10.. Which I break down in 30gl of H2o ..

dont worry so much about the timer issue. It might be a blessing. / eh leafy bud a little, but its really going to thicken up when back to 12/12....

7. last_soul

last_soul Guest

cheers orison319 for your advice will get up pics to show how theyre coming along theyre backon 12/12 now :sunny:

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

Sometimes in the middle of a flowing, I get the feeling something just isnt right.. And Ill bump the lamps back up for a week 18/6.. I usually only do this once in the flowering cycle, thus it also may trigger hermies, and they are easier to find in an early grow, than a later one..

my latest grow, did that. and found a nice hermie with dom Fem traits.. I hope to take it outside to get some seeds. :D

9. last_soul

last_soul Guest

is it right for the leaves to be slightly yellow during flowering they seem to be loosing the colour of green in them but this also has only just started since the light went back to 24 hr

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

Is this an HPS lamp?. They do this more Ive noticed when the lamp is HPS FALL sun yellow and not Metal Halide White.. Yellowing and lower leaf dropping off is common in flowering stages..
    bud sites should stay a lush green, or the color of the strain your growing. Its always a good thing to have pictures of finished bud, or the full flowering of the strain..

All plants look different..
    see some the yellowing on the leafs here. This plant has long been smoked though. Its no longer with us. Only in spirit.. :D

http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=47278&d=1309032204

11. last_soul

last_soul Guest

ye the main top leaves are like dark green but some of the more smaller ones on the inner part of the plant and some of the tops are turning yellow i really need to get you some pictures up as its a tad hard to explain the strains i have are cheese afgn kush and double berry the all seem to be darl leaved plants i have been wondering if the food was lacking in nitrogen hence the yellowing its been a bit tricky as ive been without the net to do any reserch but im back up n running now ill get pics up tomorow hopefully will make it easier to get aanswer

12. last_soul

last_soul Guest

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

It may be a little late to add much N. But you could since your flowering cycle is really just beginning..
    They dont sound sick, and your shouldn't panic when seeing just a few yellow leafs. They may have stem damage and are not pulling and nutes. They will wilt off and fall away.

I have a plant with a odd yellow leaf in the middle. Im assuming wind damage and it may of took more beating from the fan then others..

hps, tends to yellow plants sometimes. Toss in few CLF. Dont need a lot them. Just may even out the light spectrum some..

its not a hot spot from your foil is it?. Foil may reflect hot spot from lamp, but I dont think thats the case..

dont panic.. :D

14. last_soul

last_soul Guest

ive been rotting my plants around the room itself every time ive waterd them change the position of them so they all get a even balance of light theyre now in the 2nd week of flowering so shouldnt be to much longer pics will defo be needed for this thread lol

15. deleted

deleted Visitor

moving them around will cause leaf damage. its natural though.
    I get those one that tie themselves to others and I need to yank them out to free them. ripping leafs most the time. .:(

16. last_soul

last_soul Guest

well ive given this set up to the guy in the flat below me as ive moved house theyre nearly ready for harvest and looking good but unfortunatly i wont be seeing them again :'( where ive moved to has a basement and im starting again but doing a different set up wich is this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250803999522&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT what i want to know would i benifit from growing less plants so they can get bigger or would i get a bigger turn around with the full 12 and roughly what kind of yeild could i expect?

17. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

I'd say; fewer, bigger, better!>)

18. last_soul

last_soul Guest

was thinking of doing 5 at a time

19. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

I'm being a bit thick today so what do you actually get in that kit? Tent light reflector grow medium and ferts.
    If you can hit 1/2 per watt your doing ok 1 gram per watt your doing better then average and anything over the gram your at the cannabis god level.
    I'd aim for 10 plants grow till i've 3 1/4 filled the floor area with plant mass and then bloom.

20. last_soul

last_soul Guest

you get the pots and timers and drip feeder also im thinking of sticking 2 600s in there its a 12 tub kit but was thinking of doing just 5 at a time this will be my first attemt at hydro growing so i was also wondering how often do i have the feed drip into the pots ?