1983/1984 Mount Shasta, CA gathering

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by meangreen, May 26, 2004.

1. meangreen

meangreen Senior Member

Was anyone present for that gathering? It was one hell of a time!

2. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

Too early for me, bro. I didn't get to my first Gathering till '89. Damn! You must be older 'n' me!

3. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

That was my first one.Do you remember a brother BillBo Bagans???

4. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

Bilbo??? With the tophat and tails? Ran for Mayor of Tucson? He's still around. Ran into him last year at Utah and Sturgis.

I just noticed...you two are younger than me. Wish I had gone to Gatherings when I was 17...

5. BobbinBecca

BobbinBecca Member

Stopping by the thread to see, ... wish I could have been there too, at 8 yrs. I knew I wanted to be you know, a Rainbow Warrior, was a hippie that year for Halloween.
    Anyhow, it may be near Shasta again
    :) *crosses fingers*
    Bee

6. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

Top hat and all.That is him.He lived on a farm i leased in Oregon of and on.He would stay till he ran out of beer,heheheheheehe.He used to go in Eugene and hand out flyers for wounded HippIes as he called it.Last time i ran into him was at the 1996 national.Love that family down there.

7. meangreen

meangreen Senior Member

I was a junior in high school and found intrest in as the whole town of Alturas ,Calif was in turmoil due to the influx of hippies.Having already become a full time burner,it was easy to venture in the direction of the gathering and quite a experience at that age!I never spoke with the dude with the top hat but tripped on him among other things.I visited a gathering another time in Boulder,Colo in I think 86 that was bichen too!