19 weeks and still no significant movement...

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by barefoot_kirstyn, Jun 3, 2007.

1. barefoot_kirstyn

barefoot_kirstyn belly flop

well, besides that joyus post I made the other day about him moving that one time, I haven't flet squat. I'm getting worried. My midwife has been asking if baby has been really active, I have been reading and hearing about how I'm supposed to feel it way sooner this time (I felt tons of movement by this time with Lea Lea), and nada. Not even flutters. I'm just plain starting to freak. I know I have up until 22 weeks until I should be worried, but I can't help it...I'm starting to loose sleep over this. I actually have a pretty big belly already for the most part, but it feels like I just ate a really really really big lunch since I can't feel anything. Leane started kicking the crap outta me really soon (about 16 weeks)...I was expecting the same and now I'm just plain scared.

(this is a duplicate post BTW, I accidentialy posted one in women's issues first)

2. Poem~Girl

Poem~Girl Member

well, besides that joyus post I made the other day about him moving that one time, I haven't flet squat. I'm getting worried. My midwife has been asking if baby has been really active, I have been reading and hearing about how I'm supposed to feel it way sooner this time (I felt tons of movement by this time with Lea Lea), and nada. Not even flutters. I'm just plain starting to freak. I know I have up until 22 weeks until I should be worried, but I can't help it...I'm starting to loose sleep over this. I actually have a pretty big belly already for the most part, but it feels like I just ate a really really really big lunch since I can't feel anything. Leane started kicking the crap outta me really soon (about 16 weeks)...I was expecting the same and now I'm just plain scared.

(this is a duplicate post BTW, I accidentialy posted one in women's issues first)

Barefoot;
    I would suggest making an appt with whom ever you see on a regular basis, &/or even getting another ultrasound done. (mind you i don't have any experience only from books, but i would definately keep track of what you consume eating exercising ex walking how much you do stress lvl and picking up lea lea. If the ultrasound is not covered (which i think it is) ??? correct me if i'm wrong see what can be done with expenses in the mean time.
    Take care

Teri

3. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

i dont think you have anything to worry about some baby's are just alot more active than others maybe he just likes to sleep alot

4. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

When my oldest son went through a little phase when he wasn't very active (he was always really aggressive in the womb, and for hours I felt nothing, which terrified me. I called my OB, and he took me in for an ultrasound, reassuring me that more than likely my little man was tuckered out and taking a nap. I neglected to tell him that while I was in the waiting room he started kicking the heck out of me again, but I wanted to see him on the ultrasound anyway. [​IMG]

With the twins, my twin daughter was extremely active, whereas my twin son wasn't. I was always worrying about him! He just was really laid back. Still is. [​IMG]

You know sometimes, and the ultrasound tech told me this, the baby can flip around so that he's actually doing his movements more inwards in the womb instead of outwards, which makes it harder to feel. Maybe your little guy is doing that?

Either way, I'd call your midwife just to check in with her, it's better to go in and have peace of mind than to drive yourself crazy with worry!

{{{Hugs}}}

5. barefoot_kirstyn

thanks for the relplies everyone. He hasn't seemed to moved at ALL. Nada. Zip. since that one post I made.
    My midwife did tell me that I had until 22 weeks until she would start to worry, but I'm still scared, like I said.
    Hopefully it's what you said hippychickmommy. I can literally feel NOTHING.

6. jgirl

jgirl Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I mentioned this in the other thread, but my second was the same way. I did not feel her until after 20 weeks, at all! I didn't show much either. Don't worry, he'll be keeping you awake soon!

7. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

when I could not feel Arlo, I'd get a sugar spike: he'd kick like crazy for a minute or so and zonk back out.

OJ and koolaid were my weapons of choice.

8. barefoot_kirstyn

jgirl~I remember your post...that's the only thing that has been giving me any comfort.
    drumminmama~I read a few tips on babycenter.com about baby movement and how to stimulate it, and boosting ur sugar was one way...tried it...nada. Also tried laying on my back for a short amount of time, which usually got lea lea kickin, and still nothin. Hummmm...

9. Dakota's Mom

Dakota's Mom Senior Member

CALL YOUR MIDWIFE!!!!

Hopefully he's just a sleepy little guy, but call to double check.

Kathi

10. jgirl

jgirl Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

You're only 19 weeks, I wouldn't think that stimulating the baby with sugar or caffeine will work just yet. I don't think a midwife would even be concerned at this point. Just relax and don't stress out your baby just because you can't feel him too much yet.

Remember that each baby is different and some are more active than others. I have one very hyper baby and one very lazy baby so now that I've met her I'm not surprised I was so far along when I felt her. I checked and it was at 22 weeks when I started feeling her and she was a very big baby for my small body. Don't worry, Mama!!

11. HippyFreek

HippyFreek Vintage Member

I agree with the others, but...

If you're seriously worried, losing sleep, then trust your momma intuition and call. It never hurts to get some professional feedback, and just let your midwife know "Look, I've tried easing my mind every way possible, but I just can't kick the feeling that something is not right here." And see what she says. More than likely, she'll say all is well. And as soon as she does, he'll probably turn into a soccer player. :)

12. barefoot_kirstyn

Ok, well I called my midwife, and was told that my placenta is in the "front" this time (I never knew it could be infront, behind, beside, etc) and so when he kicks and because he's so small right now, I can't really feel it due to all the extra padding. She was saying that Lea Lea's was probably in the back, which was why I could feel it so much better. So she told me to give it a while, but everything should be just fine. Whew!

13. HippyFreek

HippyFreek Vintage Member

There! Feel better? *hugs*

Just wait for it. :D

14. barefoot_kirstyn

lol, yes I do feel a little better now
    I'll feel even more better (is that even proper english???) once I feel him kickin away :)
    thanks for the hugs

15. Valdis

Valdis Member

I was never so happy as the day I got to hear my first child's heartbeat. Why? Because I'd felt NO movement and feared the worst.

Do you have a way or does your midwife to listen to the heart beat?

16. MatthewShane

MatthewShane Banned

I would prob look into it. It may be deceased.

17. barefoot_kirstyn

uh, matthew, that was a little rude...
    if you would have read my last post, I said that everything was fine...

update:after going to the hospital the other day for that strange (and still undiagnosed bleeding) I have been able to feel him move lots. I was able to feel him the minute they hooked me up to the fetal monitor, and it hasn't stopped since. I feel sooo much better now!

18. Poem~Girl

Poem~Girl Member

btw Matthew shes fine

I would prob look into it. It may be deceased.

Barefoot;
    i'm happy to hear everything is well.

TC of yourself and the babies!!

19. torz

torz Member

maybe your placenta moved & that why you can feel him kicking now & why you got the bleeding. i dont know if this can actually happen tho.

you & your little girl are soo cute!

20. MatthewShane

MatthewShane Banned

how is that rude? I read the first post as most do and commented accordingly. Don't be a bitch! That was not rude unless you are jus highly sensitive!