???????????

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by darkside, Jun 12, 2006.

1. darkside

darkside Member

A thread gets shut down because people have drifted away from the topic when the topic is someone inquiring about how to handle issues concerning being anti-war? Weren't issues of the Iraqi War being discussed when the topic was shut down for 'drifting off topic'? Curious.

Seems being a hippy used to include being a part of the serious issues of the day. My the times have changed. Let's spread fairy dust and all tell a story.

Took a wrong turn somewhere.

Adios.

2. Nathan11

Nathan11 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Bye guy.
    Sorry you gotta go.

3. Shambhala Peace

Shambhala Peace Senior Member

Makes sense to me. If you want to talk about something, start a new thread.
    I go with the flow.

Hardly seems a good reason to leave.

4. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

the thread was about dealing with parents with differing attitudes.

5. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

yep, just start up a new thread
    probably will get more attention that way anyways, since folks will know what the subject matter truly is
    (false advertising otherwise)

6. sila

sila Member

...towards the war. Seems to me that it was still dealing with differing attitudes towards the war when it got closed down?!?! Does a topic have to be exactly as it started to stay open?? In which case in every post parents would of had to be included. I would have liked to reply but I'm tooo late I guess, oh well.

7. Shambhala Peace

Start a new thread! People want to hear what you have to say. We'll keep it on topic, and if it goes off- start a new thread.

That's why we are all here. :D

8. sila

sila Member

Why should someone have to start a new thread to respond to an existing one? There are threads that really do go way off topic that stay open, while the thread mentioned stayed on topic and got closed for going off topic?! :confused:

9. Shambhala Peace

Perhaps they are monitoring the forums a little more closely? People might be complaining about the threads.

Besides when it came down to it; people where picking on Woodstock child who is, MIA by the way (no doubt scared off), so I am sure that's part of the reason why that thread was shut down. If it wasn't happening in that thread, it was happening in the other one. Perhaps Drumminmama felt bad?

Who knows. It isn't hard to start a new thread. You know. :)

10. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

It's also a bit odd that if a thread that's started by a moderator that ends up going very off topic doesn't get closed... A few that I've noticed anyway. It's just the threads that are started by the rest of us that are deemed 'off topic' that get closed...

11. Politics are awesome

Politics are awesome Politics suck

Since when does a thread in any forum on this site stay on topic? :confused:

12. sila

sila Member

Ha,ha I opened a new thread to try and continue the topic but it's been deleted. How lame.

13. sila

sila Member

Time to take the hip off hipforums I think. Controlled freedom of Speech!? Welcome to the forums previously known as hip :) Will this be deleted to? Whose topic is next?

14. Politics are awesome

Politics are awesome Politics suck

The leading elite, whether they lead a country or a web forum, are interested in nearly nothing but flexing their "muscles" to show us "commoners" that they have bigger penises than us. :)

15. Shambhala Peace

Ha ha ha. You said penis.
    :D

I'll stop acting like I am in High School now.