14 Yr Old Put In Choke Hold By Miami Police For "Dehumanizing Stares"

Discussion in 'People' started by Aerianne, May 31, 2013.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Miami police put 14-year-old in choke hold for ‘dehumanizing stares’
    http://thegrio.com/2013/05/30/miami...-choke-hold-for-dehumanizing-stares/#52056678

The kid was playing in the water at the beach and the police thought he was fighting. They demanded he take them to his mother, which he complied with. Apparently on the way, according to police, he clenched his fists and gave them dehumanizing stares.

The police threw the boy down in a choke hold. His mom says he couldn't breathe and that he urinated on himself.

The boy says the police told him that if he were an adult every bone in his body would have been broken.

2. Nyxx

Nyxx HELLO STALKER

Why are we allowing police to terrorize our children?? So many stories lately..the kid in the Bronx arrested & cuffed for allegedly taking $5.00, the girl in chemistry class arrested because of a chemical reaction.
    Police brutality against adults is out of control and now they are targeting children.

3. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

No wonder kids grow up to hate cops. When kids learn to shoot laser beams out of their eyes, then you can worry about dirty looks from them.

4. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

"dehumanizing stares" aka, he gave them a dirty look.

fuck these nazi pigs up the ass. police power is supposed to be used to serve public safety, not be some asshole pig's personal power trip

5. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

This is scary. You live in a police state.

6. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i would need to see the whole situation in order to form an impartial opinion

7. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

maybe he didn't want to get a job.

8. AmyBeachGirl

AmyBeachGirl Member

Police out of control again.

9. newbie-one

so maybe there is some information that is not in the article. the article quotes a police spokesman though, so the presentation does not seem to be entirely one sided.

if the information in the article accurately describes the situation, then fuck those pigs, I say.

if the cops are threatened with violence and need to act in self defense, fine. attacking a 14 year old clenching his fists and giving the cops a dirty look sounds more like cops defending their ego trip

10. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M8vei3L0L8"]N.W.A. - Fuck Tha Police + Lyrics - YouTube

11. roamy

roamy Senior Member

more kkk cops. but my question is why did'nt any men on the beach try ta protect the kid from the cops.

12. newbie-one

you can fight with the cops, but you're probably going to go to jail for assaulting an officer. there is also a good chance that they end up shooting you.

also, if you didn't see all of the incident and know the background

13. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

14. roamy

roamy Senior Member

well in that case i'd already be in prison or dead by now had i been there.

15. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

Even the boy's own mother didn't dare fight with the cops. How can you then expect someone else will?

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

[​IMG]

Call the motherfucking SWAT TEAM. You are going down hard kid!!!!

17. roamy

roamy Senior Member

please tell me thats not a serious question.how could anyone not jump on those cops ta protect him ?a 14yr old child,whos only crime in those evil cowardly bastards eyes was being black.he gave them dehumanizing looks?they were'nt human ta begin with.the only look that kid gave them was a look of disgust at their actions.

18. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

It's called the bystander effect (Source: Wikipedia).

In short: The higher the number ob bystanders, the less likely it is that anyone will do anything. Everybody is waiting for someone else to react and deal with possible consequences of intervention. Nobody wants to draw attention to themselves.
    The responsibility is dispersed through the crowd, therefore people feel less guilty for not doing anything.

I'm not saying that it's right or that I agree with it.

19. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

the best thing was done, hopefully by others as well, it was recorded.
    I hope that woman and her son are going to get a nice fat check when it's all said and done.
    Hopefully those two assholes will no longer be collecting a paycheck.

20. roamy

roamy Senior Member

they should have called it the cowardly effect.