14 students, 1 teacher dead after shooting at elementary school

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by hotwater, May 24, 2022.

1. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I call bullshit.
    So why not just have all kids wear body armor all day long? Why not just give them AK 47s to defend themselves on the bus and in school?

Really, just take away the assault weapons and stop glorifying guns and violence.
    Oh, I forgot we need guns to overthrow our own government...silly me.

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

The video creator's point is somewhat tongue in cheek on this one, he's responding to a comment someone else sent him. Note the way he's talking about forming shield walls...

One thing about this guy, and he is right... at this point getting rid of assault weapons isn't going to happen. I wish it would, but it would never make it through the senate and if it did the supreme court would over rule it... We need actions that we can actually make happen. I don't think he's actually recommending shields.

MeAgain and Spectacles like this.
  3. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Wondering, how many people will be shot this Memorial Day weekend, and if those lost lives matter as well?

4. Tyrsonswood

Of course those lives will matter...

5. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

I totally agree with you MeAgain. If it were up to me I would get rid of assault weapons except for the military serving our country. Unfortunately I live in the US and if it makes sense...we don't do that here.

6. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

The countrty of the Cowboy has always had the gun at the heart of its nature, and the North South divide not an easy relationship (Dixie flags still fly within a rebellious breeze) , but that's not to say that things cannot change.
    Maybe it takes one state at a time to do so,? , but I don't that will happen.
    For all its faults, the UK does seem to have a degree of strategic that works

Last edited: May 29, 2022
    Captain Scarlet likes this.
  7. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Get rid of the electoral college and go to 1 person , 1 vote and money completely out of elections. Republicans don't usually win the popular vote . It's taken them decades of trying, but they can now change voting laws, gerrymander, block any progress toward sensible gun laws or any other progressive proposals and because of the recent supreme court additions, it's only going to get worse.
    1--- Get money out of elections by passing laws forcing all television networks to carry political messages, debates, etc as a public service --including all elections, local and national. Result? No more buying and owning of anyone after getting elected and consequently passing laws that benefit the rich and corporations--those that now can and do buy the offices-- and greatly benefit more than regular working citizens.
    2--- Pass strict laws against LYING TO THE PUBLIC ABOUT ANY SUBJECT when attempting to get elected to any office with serious penalties. This goes for mass media also.

Result: The country can then rid itself of the modern iteration of the right wing republican party from offices that have the power to stymie any and all progressive policies--as they have ALWAYS done.
    3---THE AFOREMENTIONED IS HOW THE UNITED STATES GETS RATIONAL, SANE GUN CONTROL. IE: get rid of republicans influence and control of the nationwide further decent into inequity and madness.

Last edited: May 29, 2022
    ~Zen~, MeAgain and Tyrsonswood like this.
  8. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

To add: If republicans would stop being so anti union and pro corporation and people could get good , HIGH PAYING jobs with benefits---there would be a lot less criminality.

~Zen~, MeAgain and Tyrsonswood like this.
  9. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

10. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

I feel your frustration.

It's been a long time since either political party in the USA was relevant in terms of the needs of the people.

They are equally greedy and arrogant and over time just shift back and forth with their ideologies. Seems we as Americans can not make up our minds as to which way the country is going.

11. Spectacles

I was going to post this in the Memorial day thread but that is closed. This is the 2022 version of the Taps across America. One of the young boys is playing at Uvalde.

12. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

That is beautiful, thank you for posting that.

This is an appropriate place...

Spectacles likes this.
  13. newo

14. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Not the Second Amendment, the interpretation of the Second Amendment.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  15. Tyrsonswood

16. Tyrsonswood

17. newo

And now another mass shooting, this time at a Tulsa hospital campus. At least this time the police ran right into the building without hesitating.

And still I don't expect any significant changes to the gun laws. I'll believe it when it happens. Check out the NRA's website where there's no mention of any mass shootings. Home of the NRA | National Rifle Association

18. Tyrsonswood

I'm guessing they have no pride in their accomplishments...

scratcho likes this.
  19. Spectacles

hotwater and Tyrsonswood like this.
  20. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

I had an ideer along those same lines earlier actually, frankly thinking back to some of my teachers I really don't like the idea of arming them however, could it be what schools are lacking isn't so much "more flying spaghetti monsters" but,,, More Dogs?
    (Makes sense as those calling for more God usually have things ass backwards)

(Video is trained pit bulls)