11 Things The Bible Bans,But You Do It Anyway (Hell awaits you all)

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by Wolfman's Brother, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Wolfman's Brother

Wolfman's Brother Member

2. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

Moses was high upon Mount Sinai receiving the ten commandments.Finally he came down to the flock and delivered his divinely inspired message..."Right,I've got them down to 10",he said,"But thou shall not covet thy neighbour's wife is still in there".

3. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

The Deuteronomy rule against the castrated is weird because I know the Italians used to castrate some choir boys before puberty so their voices wouldn't change...

because WOMEN weren't aloud to speak in church:

Corinthians 14:34-35 King James Version (KJV)
    34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.
    35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

4. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

You are speaking of the Castrati.

The procedure was outlawed in 1870.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ptGRnX02-8"]Alessandro Moreschi, The Last Castrato, Ave Maria - YouTube

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the christian bible has nothing to do with what i believe in. which does include a love of the nonphysical unknown, but among other things, not the pretend knowledge of hierarchy.

i haven't checked what these 11 things are supposed to be, but the assumption that all of us do all of them, is as unfounded and improbable as any other equally arbitrary assumption.

6. cass_jenner

cass_jenner Member

[QUOTE
    34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.
    35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.[/QUOTE]

Damn right! Shut up women, and while you are at it, put a bag over your head.
    Phew, thank goodness none of THAT kind of thing goes on thousands of years later eh?

Thank goodness for civilisation.
    And tolerance.

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

if i put my mind to it, i can probably think of at least 11 things christianity (and judism and islam, ALL) forbid, which many people do, but which i don't do anyway (for reasons having nothing to do with belief and more to do with my having found them not gratifying!)

8. cass_jenner

cass_jenner Member

I admit I have never coveted an ox, neighbors or otherwise. So I must get points for that.

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Most of those are from Leviticus

Some think it was written by Moses, but cos it doesnt sound like any of the other books, some think written by priests of the levi tribe. Who by the sound of it were batshit frickin crazy, and did not invent denim jeans