100% vegan spinach alfredo

Discussion in 'Vegetarian Recipes' started by fullofbooks, Jul 15, 2011.

1. fullofbooks

fullofbooks Member

This is a pretty simple recipe! You'll need:

Pasta
    Spinach
    Vegenaise
    Nutritional yeast
    Onion powder
    Garlic powder
    Salt

First you'll cook desired amount of pasta, I used bow ties because it was what I had haha. Once, the pasta is almost cooked you can throw in the fresh or frozen spinach, i wouldn't go with canned.

And for the sauce, reserve about 1/4 cup of the pasta water and pour it into the pasta, add some vegenaise really just until it looks creamy and covered, I tested the taste a few times added more if it was needed, then add some nutritional yeast, I added a lot I love the stuff. sprinkle some onion powder, garlic powder, and just a dash of salt, and you're ready to eat!

Sorry, I don't know the portions, I'll pay attention next time. I was just making this for myself and it was so delicious I had to share the recipe! :) Oh also, it tastes good cold imo too.

2. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Sounds kinda good.

Except for vegenaise. What the fuck is that? If it's like mayonaise, that shouldn't be in alfredo, i don't think, and if it should, "vegenaise" just sounds.... ugh.

3. fullofbooks

fullofbooks Member

I know it shouldn't be in alfredo but it's a way to make vegan alfredo with no dairy, and it actually is delicious.

4. fullofbooks

fullofbooks Member

Oh and to be clear, I've found several versions of this recipe and they call for the vegenaise. I didn't just like make that shit up. :p the nutritional yeast it what makes it taste cheese(ish) and the water makes "mayo" less thick.

:leaving: