ƒü©kîñg ƒråñk žåÞÞå

Discussion in 'Music' started by Peace, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

hå†'Š Šömë gööÐ Šhî† ÞëöÞ£ë. £îŠ†ëñ †ö "Ýöü ©åñ'† Ðö hå† Øñ §†ågë Âñÿmörë" . GööÐ ŠöñgŠ £îkë P£åŠ†î© ÞëöÞ£ë åñÐ Šö öñ.

2. yamamamo

yamamamo Member

Zappa is a true legend. He's one of my favourite guitar players and his a lot of his songs are like nothing else. You can't really catagorise most of his songs, he's just doing his own thing. Do you like Capatain Beefheart too?

3. Sunny Afternoon

Sunny Afternoon Member

How long did it take you to write that in those characters? >.< lol

I've heard of him, but haven't heard anything by him. Yet.

4. FemmeFatale

FemmeFatale Member

Captain Beefheart is pretty good. I like his paintings better than his music though.

Frank Zappa is my god. :) Freak Out! is by far my favorite album of all time.

5. empathy

empathy Member

i listened to him play in new york today, one of my dad's old albums. it was really good.

6. flowerchild89

flowerchild89 Member

My best friend's band and I are doing a cover of "Willie the Pimp" :)

7. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

I got into Zappa a couple months ago, I've got...

Freak Out!
    Absolutely Free
    We're Only In It For The Money
    Burnt Weeny Sandwich
    Weasels Ripped My Flesh
    The Grand Wazoo
    Over-Nite Sensation
    Apostrophe
    Zoot Allures
    Sheik Yerbouti

I'm such a loser :D

But out of all those I like We're Only In It For The Money the best.

8. alice_d_millionaire

alice_d_millionaire Just Do It©

nice... good to see an actual musician getting some recognition. and willie the pimp? i love that one! hot rats is actually my favourite album...

9. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

joes garage!!!!!!!!

10. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

I second that.

11. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Yeah, Joe's Garage is my favorite version, as well. Frank Zappa did a lot of nice work with Steve Vai and Adrian Belew. Gotta love his live bootlegs.

12. hippin life

hippin life Member

the man was a genious, he never had formal music training as far as i know. its a shame he's no longer around. RIP Frank Zappa

13. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

I woke up this morning and listened to Freak Out! for the first time in a long time.... "Wowie Zowie" is awesome :D

14. LooLoo

LooLoo Member

I know quite a few people studying music at Uni and they all, without exception, love Zappa. He's a musician's musician. And god damn can that man solo...

15. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

Okay thats an annoying way to type... Just hurts my eyes!!! Zappa is amazing!! I love him..
    Joe's Garage and Dancin Fool Are the best!!!

16. yamamamo

yamamamo Member

Peaches En Regalia blows me away! I've got a video of it from Saturday Night Live I think. The Mothers all had such unique talents, their drummer was particularly amazing.

17. blindhobosam

blindhobosam The Legend

zappa is pretty great.

18. hippin life

hippin life Member

The thing about the mothers was that it was Zappa's band and he had alot of rules involved. I read an interview with Ike Willis where he talked about Zappa not tolerating people bein high while preforming. It also talked about how each year everyone had to have an audition for the band. Im not sure but its entirely possible that their are multiple people who were at one time a drummer in the band.

19. earthfluff

earthfluff Member

yeah, Zappa didn't believe in drugs... Zappa has had some AMAZING drummers play with him... i can think of 4 off the bat... Terry Bozio kicks ass! G/f just bought me the 'Baby Snakes' DVD (wicked trippy clay-animation, live performances, strangeness). Another great album that a lot of people don't seem to have is 'Sleep Dirt'... was originally composed for a sci-fi opera that Frank was working on but never went through with... there's really only 4 songs on sleep dirt that i like but it was definately worth buying just for those 4!
    If you like Zappas early stuff, check out Unmitigated Audacity, live at Notre Dame '74 for some interesting renditions of classics like 'It can't happen here' , 'Hungry Freaks, Daddy', 'Wowie Zowie', 'Trouble Every Day'.... the quality of recording sucks, but interesting none-the-less.
    I LOVE ZAPPA... definately a musicians musician.
    So far i've got 12 of his albums but it feels like i've only scratched the surface... weeding out the 'so-so' from the 'whoa!'