¿purple haze?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by TimeTraveler2043, Mar 18, 2007.

1. TimeTraveler2043

TimeTraveler2043 Member

ok so me & a kid i go to school with have been having an arguement for a while over purple haze. alrite so he says that purple haze is an actual type or weed that can be grown. i say that purple haze is kindbud (purple) with LSD dripped on it (haze). he also says that LSD cannot be put on weed & smoked...that it doesn't do anything. neither of us think we're wrong so i figured i'd ask everyone on here....who's rite? is it a type of weed or kindbud with lsd on it...& can lsd be smoked on weed?

2. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

you cannot smoke acid. Purple haze is purple haze :p, Its a strain of weed that was very potent but apperantly is near impossible to find now. Also I think Jimi hendrix sang about acid tabs called purple haze too.

3. ClosingTide

ClosingTide Member

The Purple Haze Jimi was talking about could have been marijuana or LSD, depending on your interpretation of the song, although Jimi denied any drug references to the song. (He said it was influenced by a dream and was about love) LSD can't be smoked, the heat would destroy it.

4. mr.greenxxx

mr.greenxxx Not an Average Bear

purple haze is extinct, it something in 60-70's. many people call any purple weed purps now, even though any strain can turn purple, its all about the pheno's. but then you get next people calling green buds purpz so yeah, strange world. acid cannot be smoked just like weed cannot be put underneath your tongue and just like alcohol cannot be injected into ur veins.

5. SirTokesAlot

SirTokesAlot Lives

1) timetraveler.. your way off. Acid cannot be smoked, so I dont even know where you came up with an idea like that.

2) Jimi's purple haze song was NOT about weed, despite alot of controversy.. if you read up on your hendrix history - that song was about a dream he had.

6. paintballer687

paintballer687 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I didn't see him mention Hendrix at all.

Purple Haze is a strain of cannabis, but it's allelic frequencies, amongst other things, have evolved over time, rendering it impossible to find unless you've got seeds from 30 years ago. Purple Haze has been cross-bred, and so has it's offspring, so its genes are still existant. The purple coloring of cannabis is a complex issuue; some buds can be made to turn purple just by using certain lighting techniques.

And no, LSD has a very low boiling point so it cannot be smoked.

7. 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic 'Nuff Said

the purple of the bud is caused by the strain or flushing the soil. other methods are used but im no expert. there is also a 'strain' of LSD called purple haze.

purple haze is said to be extinct by the late 90's but only a scientist would know for sure. so just go with the flow and call it purp, grapes, wurples, etc...

8. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

There is the classic Haze which came out of Cali from the Haze brothers. Haze is still out there and very very nice btw. If temps drop into the 60's (F not C) things start to turn a really pretty shade of purple. Now as far as Purple Haze......

Acid on bud -> This myth raises its ugly head again. We should have the Mythbusters tackle it!

-B

9. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

Purple Haze is LSD. Not marijuana. There never was a strain of pot called purple haze. I don't know where people get this from, but it never did and still doesn't exist. There are all kinds of "hazes" but there is no purple.

10. slinkie

slinkie Member

If there was never a strain of sativa pot called purple haze, then I have no idea what plant I grew last year...but it was purple and kicked my fucking ass after one hit!

I got the seeds from a friend of a friend who went to amsterdam a few months earlier and brought some seeds back with him. I was in heaven and tried like the dickens to clone it..unsuccessfully. :bigcry:

11. ganjasgreat

ganjasgreat Member

purple kindbud is its own bud

12. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

That is wrong - the "real" purple bud was also known as "gay"-bud. Remember Jimi used to sing " 'Scuse me while I kiss this guy! "

:)
    B!ll

13. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

There are a lot of strains that have purple color to them, and the buds end up looking purple, but they aren't called purple haze. There are quite a few too, so its hard to say what it really was.

14. slinkie

slinkie Member

The shop my friends friend got the seeds from, sold him purple haze seeds. That is what he bought and gave to me. I grew them to maturity and it was the best plant I have ever smoked after harvest.

What I wouldn't give to get my hands on some more of those seeds. I was even wishing the plant would herme out so I would at least...maybe...get a couple of seeds from it like I had the durban poison.
    No luck.

15. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Hey Girl,

Learn how to clone for just such an emergency.

It was most likely a variety of Haze. So I know you were in your happy place :)

:)
    Bill

16. slinkie

slinkie Member

I know how to clone now.
    *alotoffuckingooditdoesmenowdamnitilostagoodbreedofherb*

As usual, I was a dollar short and a day too late. lol

17. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

I have a huge f*ckin smile right now!!

We all have "learning" experiences.

-Bill

18. paintballer687

paintballer687 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Actually, he says 'Excuse my while I kiss the sky.'

19. snoopdoggg

snoopdoggg Member

ya i was about to say that lol. was guy kidding or is he just a little DS?

20. SirTokesAlot

SirTokesAlot Lives

You better be joking.