Turbulent Times

Discussion in 'Politics' started by newo, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I didn't say manipulated I said used, as in capitalized on. If they'd had the interested students commit to gathering outside of the hours set aside for educational instruction, they wouldn't have linked them selves to appearing to have used opportunity.

2. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Fair enough. But you did say exploited and used as pawns. It's hard to use someone as a pawn without manipulating them.

3. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

The Republican party grew by a large percentage as a result of Trump. He activated a lot of long silent disenfranchised people. He used the same playbook as the Dems. Reach the forgotten less desirable groups and give them a voice.

Like it or not, the Republicans could have never won this election had it not been for Trump. So now they have to keep that base happy to stay in office. It's a sad state when our country has come to when garbage is what gets them elected.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume he is the demise of anything, just yet.

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

5. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

I'm sure they will be embraced by the Democrats. It won't be these kids fault. They are the products of poverty, broken homes, victims of white privelage. If they just vote for a Dem we promise they will be better off.

farmerdon and machinist like this.
  6. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

There is always a small % of dipshits in EVERY crowd, even if that scene has anything to do with saving the lives of children. ALWAYS. Is each and every movement of any kind now or in the past been 100% , absolutely, no doubt about it, completely pure? HELL NO. HUMANS are involved. But, I suppose the fact that a few assholes got out of line makes everything wrong about the kids that are concerned about being slaughtered year after year. Sure. They're all being duped. Fucken hell.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    YouFreeMe likes this.
  7. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Anyone own up to being Russian on this site? I'm beginning to wonder.

8. Aerianne

I can't believe the school allowed them to walk off property. They should have their names. If my student was allowed to walk off property and nobody knew about it, I'd be raising Hell. The school is supposed to account for those students once attendance has been taken.

DeNuttySquirrel and farmerdon like this.
  9. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

What is this thread even about at this point? Not sure what is considered on topic or off topic.

10. Aerianne

There are multiple topics in this thread:

11. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The thread is about the turbulent times we live in, not just the student walkout.

It all adds up to this: the Trump Administration is coming apart at the seams. He has to go.

scratcho likes this.
  12. storch

storch banned

Then why haven't the "adults" marched their asses right up to FBI headquarters and demand the resignation of the people who thought that school kids weren't important enough to do something about a kid who said he wanted to be a professional school shooter. In another thread that was terminated, a poster pathetically thought that such a question was pathetic. The irony escaped him. And they thought that asking how many of the thousands of deaths from firearms involved an AR15 was also pathetic, even though they were the one that brought the issue up. The irony!

Others have said that kids are getting murdered at school in record numbers. And when asked for the source for their claim, they remain silent.

farmerdon likes this.
  13. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Da! Ivan Jerkinov is my name

scratcho likes this.
  14. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

I love Donald Trump.

farmerdon likes this.
  15. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I wonder how many psychos suddenly had a change of heart, and threw their guns and explosives away after seeing all those kids walk out of class..

Not all of the walkouts were voluntary. Some kids reported threats of detention and even suspension by the school faculty if they didn't participate

farmerdon likes this.
  16. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Source?

I find numerous examples of students receiving detention or possible suspension for participating in the walk out, but none for NOT participating.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  17. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Wait until the March for our Lives a week from today, you'll see plenty of adults marching, including me.

As for the record numbers you dispute, how many mass shootings occurred at schools before Columbine? And how many have occurred since?

18. storch

storch banned

Oh? And will you all be heading for FBI headquarters demanding the resignation of the bastards responsible for not following protocol which cost the lives of 17 kids? That would really send a message to all officials. And that message would be that if you prove to be stupidly negligent, as in this case, then you'll be looking for employment elsewhere and will have to provide information on future resumes concerning "reasons for leaving your last job."

Also, no one has provided the number of school shootings that would show that they are occurring in record numbers. I'm not disputing numbers that haven't been produced yet. But thanks for repeating my question. Perhaps someone will provide a list.

Someone has even stated that people with guns are threatening to shoot police officers. But they don't seem to want to supply any proof of that statement.

19. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Okay, here you go. Assuming I counted and did the math correctly. Somebody check my figures.
    1700's - 1 .......... .01 per year
    Mass killing in Pa., Indian attack only the teacher was shot, 9 students killed by other means..... .01 per year
    1800's - 37.......... .37 per year
    One mass shooting at a dance.
    One mass shooting resulting from a riot..... .02 per year
    31 dead...... .31 per year
    1900 - 1910 - 15 ..........1.5 per year
    No mass shootings.
    13 dead...... 1.3 per year
    1910 - 1920 - 19 ..........1.9 per year
    No mass shootings.
    12 dead...... 1.2 per year
    1920 - 1930 - 10 ..........1 per year
    No mass shootings.
    5 dead...... .5 per year
    1930 - 1940 - 9 .......... .9 per year
    No mass shootings.
    10 dead. .....1 per year
    1940 - 1950 - 8 ........... .8 per year
    One mass shootings, all adults no students injured...... .1 per year
    11 dead...... 1.1 per year
    1950 - 1960 - 17 ........... 1.7 per year
    No mass shootings.
    14 dead......1.4 per year
    1960 - 1970 - 18 ........... 1.8 per year
    Two mass shootings...... .2 per year
    One was the University of Texas sniper massacre.
    44 dead...... 4.4 per year
    1970 - 1980 - 29 ........... 2.9 per year
    Two mass shootings....... .2 per year
    One was the Kent State massacre by the National Guard.
    36 dead...... 3.6 per year
    1980 - 1990 - 39 ........... 3.9 per year
    One mass shootings at the Cleveland Elementary School...... .1 per year
    49 dead.
    1990 - 2000 - 61 ........... 6.1 per year
    Three mass shootings........ .3 per year
    88 dead...... 8.8 per year
    2000 - 2010 - 63 ........... 6.3 per year
    Five mass shootings....... .5 per year
    108 dead....... 10.8 per year
    2010 - Present - 146 ........... 19.46 per year
    Seven mass shootings....... .93 per year
    161 dead....... 22.27 per year

List of U.S. school shootings

scratcho likes this.
  20. storch

storch banned

No. That's not what I asked. I asked for a list of school shootings that support the claim that kids are being murdered at school in record numbers.

machinist likes this.