The Kick Box - On Hip!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Kick Frenzy, Jan 30, 2015.

1. deleted

deleted Visitor

GG's
    Guinness ..
    Genesee ..

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  2. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

Lol... it's just my weird way of describing the placement of flavor both chronologically and topologically.
    So, when I talk about a bready backbone, it's like... the base in the back of the drink.
    The ribcage placement means it felt a bit more forward, but more on the sides than below and in the background.

As for the sweetness, if I'm not mistaken, porters tend to taste sweeter to me than most other beers.
    Usually with some sort of raisin-esque flavor.
    But then again, my first beer tonight is an extra stout and it has a similar smoky/woody/raisin profile.
    (Review coming up in a minute.)

pensfan13 likes this.
  3. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!

So, yeah, I'm being rote tonight and drinking Irish (inspired) beer.
    (They're made in Missouri and New Jersey, respectively.)
    (Yes, only two brews tonight.)

Anyway, moving on to the drinkin...

Beer #1:
    [​IMG]
    (Alc. 8%)
    (Schlafly - Irish Style Extra Stout (2015))

Smell: Woodsy with whiskey notes, vanilla suspended somewhere in the ether. A touch of raisin sweetness and a faintly bready backbone.

Taste: Smoky wood up front with whiskey notes. Easy raisin sweetness and a hint of vanilla. Faint bready backbone.

Overall, it's a decent sweetness and the woody notes aren't overpowering. It could get a bit overpowering if drinking more than one, but just the one is fairly pleasant.

4. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

Damn it, this took forever to get through the first beer and ready for the second one.
    I blame Mrs. Frenzy for watching The Office behind me and me being distracted SO MUCH.

(i should put on headphones)

Moving on.

Beer #2:
    [​IMG]
    (Alc. 8.5%)
    (Rinn Duin - Blackthorn 2nd Anniversary)

Smells: Gentle and slightly metallic, but clean. Faint spices and possible vanilla notes. Soft biscuit backbone. A slight whiskey tremble in the distance.

Tastes: Soft and faint flavor overall. Metallic and smoky up front. The biscuit backbone carries slight whiskey cask notes. Possible ghostly citrus notes hiding... somewhere.

Overall, this is a hard one to call as the flavors are all rather light. Carbonation could use slightly bigger bubbles, but fairly pleasant. Very easy to drink!

(Sorry no pics tonight. No idea what to do for these.)

5. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Going by the brewery. Some Celtic middle ages pic would do.

6. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

Hmm...
    Maybe one of these would do?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

8. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Still have 4 wooden coins from rinn duin. I figured I would spend them quick because my aunt lives near there but nope...a year later I still have them on the console of my car.

Kick Frenzy likes this.
  9. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

That was a fun video...music gets annoying after 30 seconds though.

Kick Frenzy likes this.
  10. deleted

deleted Visitor

11. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I’m 215lbs and I challenged my 350lb friend to a drinking contest

He got so drunken he threw up in his wives car.

Me? I don’t remember grabbing the DJ equipment at the night club, turning the dials and knobs. Causing us all to get kicked out of the night club, while I puked twice on the way out, and collapsed into a fetal position at the front entrance to the night club. My friends had to drag me to the other side of the street

I don’t remember ANY of this happening. But they all told me the same story the next day. And all stories have consistencey.

Wow

I’m never trying to outdrink a 350lb guy ever again

I’m pretty sure I’m 86’d from that place for life

Kick Frenzy likes this.
  12. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Who does shit like that? I thought you were smarter than that.

13. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

It was an incident from years back on a birthday party. Regarding the drunkest I’ve ever gotten. When I got to that point my friends were telling me to do stuff I wasn’t aware I was doing. I think they stretched the truth a bit on how it all went down, all for the sake of telling a good story.

14. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

People getting stupid drunk for the first time in public. It usually dosnt take more than one incident like that to never do it again.

15. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Go to 2sp on the way home and grab a flight. Like usual I get a growler fill and Checked the Togo fridge
    This place had a shitload of beers on tap so I couldn' try them all even in just tasters. Being I like stouts I get one of them in the growler and the regular stout in a bomber.
    Seemed strange to have a fancy bottle for what they described "the regular stout"
    Get the bill and it was high but didn't think much of it. I get home and look at the receipt. Flight, fair price.
    Growler, fair price
    Growler fill, fair price
    Bomber....$22. What the fuck???
    Ohhhh it was the barrel aged so fair price but wouldn't have got it had I known. That shit better be good.

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

17. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

OMG where!??!?

18. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Wine......Right Here In Front Of Me......:smilecat:

Cheers Glen.

19. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

That barrel aged stout was garbage....huge disappointment. Wasn't even good for a beer buzz .

20. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Anyone else notice that cheap craft beer from the same brewery always has a similar taste? Like they use the same malts for their stout as the do for their DIPA.