How would YOU get rid of an underground wasps nest? - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Visit Sensi Seed Bank for Great Cannabis Genetics!   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Click to Advertise on the Hip Forums!
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: Whats going on in your mind?

Old 11-04-2010, 09:55 PM   #1
Hyphy
Duke of Earl

Hyphy will become famous soon enoughHyphy will become famous soon enough
How would YOU get rid of an underground wasps nest?
Like this post? Yes | No    

I asked a bunch of people and I got 1 of 2 answers: Fire or Raid Foam. Here's what we did, you guess which one we chose

What would you do?
Hyphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:56 PM   #2
BBAD 
٩ (๏̯͡๏)۶٩ (๏̯͡๏)۶

BBAD has a reputation beyond reputeBBAD has a reputation beyond reputeBBAD has a reputation beyond reputeBBAD has a reputation beyond reputeBBAD has a reputation beyond reputeBBAD has a reputation beyond reputeBBAD has a reputation beyond reputeBBAD has a reputation beyond reputeBBAD has a reputation beyond reputeBBAD has a reputation beyond reputeBBAD has a reputation beyond repute
Like this post? Yes | No    

Id lay a plastic tarp down and stake the edges..leave it there for a few weeks

tiger torch works great too
Old 11-04-2010, 10:01 PM   #3
Hyphy
Duke of Earl

Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBAD View Post
Id lay a plastic tarp down and stake the edges..leave it there for a few weeks

tiger torch works great too
We actually did a version of that. We poured a mound of dirt over the hole then stacked cinder blocks on top of it. Plastic wrap and tarp aye? Gotcha, next time shit occurs we'll do that 1st. Seems less frustrating and more effective.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:07 PM   #4
BBAD 
٩ (๏̯͡๏)۶٩ (๏̯͡๏)۶

BBAD has a reputation beyond reputeBBAD has a reputation beyond reputeBBAD has a reputation beyond reputeBBAD has a reputation beyond reputeBBAD has a reputation beyond reputeBBAD has a reputation beyond reputeBBAD has a reputation beyond reputeBBAD has a reputation beyond reputeBBAD has a reputation beyond reputeBBAD has a reputation beyond reputeBBAD has a reputation beyond repute
Like this post? Yes | No    

the wasps can dig through dirt but the tarp will probably stop them

Im just guessing though ..I never seen them in the ground..here they make nests in the trees and under house eaves

the last time I seen one my dad burned it up with a tiger torch...we have a really good one that shoots out a wall of flame when you pull the trigger

Old 11-04-2010, 10:11 PM   #5
lunarverse
The Living End

lunarverse has a reputation beyond reputelunarverse has a reputation beyond reputelunarverse has a reputation beyond reputelunarverse has a reputation beyond reputelunarverse has a reputation beyond reputelunarverse has a reputation beyond reputelunarverse has a reputation beyond reputelunarverse has a reputation beyond reputelunarverse has a reputation beyond reputelunarverse has a reputation beyond reputelunarverse has a reputation beyond repute
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyphy View Post
I asked a bunch of people and I got 1 of 2 answers: Fire or Raid Foam. Here's what we did, you guess which one we chose

YouTube - Romeo vs. the Wasps

What would you do?
I'd paint that porch

As for the wasps, I'd either use some M-60 fire crackers, or do what you guys did.
and swam several miles back to the mainland.
He was the only legionnaire to escape.'
lunarverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:26 PM   #6
Hyphy
Duke of Earl

Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBAD View Post
the wasps can dig through dirt but the tarp will probably stop them

Im just guessing though ..I never seen them in the ground..here they make nests in the trees and under house eaves

the last time I seen one my dad burned it up with a tiger torch...we have a really good one that shoots out a wall of flame when you pull the trigger

Tarp seems like a damn good, level headed idea. Next time for sure going to try this. Maybe raid bomb them then tarp them right after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarverse View Post
I'd paint that porch

As for the wasps, I'd either use some M-60 fire crackers, or do what you guys did.
lmfao!!! Hahaha, we're actually planning on painting it before new years. Fire seemed liked the way to go.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:27 PM   #7
orison319
my dog is full of stars

orison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond repute
Like this post? Yes | No    

This is very dangerous thing to do with an Aerosol can../ you shouldnt make flame throwers out of them. they can become uncompressed due to their instability, and pull the flame into the can causing it to explode in your hands resulting in personal injury..
plumbing/welding torches have a flow back prevention, but even they have been known to fail from time to time...

good thing you kept your distance. props.

empty a can of wasp killer in a bucket of thick soapy ice cold water.. dump on them.. Dont use hot water cause insects can tolerate water heater up to 150F sometimes, cold water will slow them down and make them less active, 50F or lower.
wasp killer will mix with the bubble and stick to them better..

'
Then they bring them to the factory
Where the heart-attack machine
Is strapped across their shoulders
And then the kerosene
orison319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:31 PM   #8
Hyphy
Duke of Earl

Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by orison319 View Post
This is very dangerous thing to do with an Aerosol can../ you shouldnt make flame throwers out of them. they can become uncompressed due to their instability, and pull the flame into the can causing it to explode in your hands resulting in personal injury..
plumbing/welding torches have a flow back prevention, but even they have been known to fail from time to time...

good thing you kept your distance. props.

empty a can of wasp killer in a bucket of thick soapy ice cold water.. dump on them.. Dont use hot water cause insects can tolerate water heater up to 150F sometimes, cold water will slow them down and make them less active, 50F or lower.
wasp killer will mix with the bubble and stick to them better..
This mixed with BBad's tarp and a flamethrower back up plan might be the best course of action.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:33 PM   #9
orison319
my dog is full of stars

orison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond repute
Like this post? Yes | No    

video was pretty cool though, Hyphy ..

'
Then they bring them to the factory
Where the heart-attack machine
Is strapped across their shoulders
And then the kerosene
orison319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:46 PM   #10
Hyphy
Duke of Earl

Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by orison319 View Post
video was pretty cool though, Hyphy ..
Thanks man. I now have the camera in my pocket anytime I go anywhere for just in case moments like that.