Derrick Carter June 11th ( STL ) - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Visit Weed Seed Shop for Great Deals on Cannabis Genetics!   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room [3]

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Join the Facebook of Sex
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: Post and discuss upcoming events, gatherings, festivals, seminars, etc. Please put the title of the event as the subject of the post!
Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 06:02 PM   #1
Global636

Global636 is on a distinguished road
Derrick Carter June 11th ( STL )
Like this post? Yes | No    

B&W Presents: Foundations w/ Derrick Carter
June 11th , 2005

Featuring:

Derrick Carter ( Classic Records , Chi-town )

Born and raised in the western suburbs, Carter was into music from a young age, but during his teens Chicago's house scene sucked him in for good. Before long Carter became a strong presence in the city's underground dance scene. "When I got my driver's license at 16 my sneak ability was validated," he laughs. "I was a fierce bedroom jock for a long time. After you mix for the love of it for six or seven years, you get it pretty tight and you can take it on the road." He got by working at dance-music specialty stores like Gramaphone and gigging at parties. Later he landed regular DJ stints at Shelter, Foxy's, and Smart Bar. Though he doesn't spin much locally anymore, when he does he attracts large crowds. His sets are rooted in house, but he freely travels outside club tastes, seamlessly incorporating old-school disco, soul, jazz, and whatever else catches his fancy. Most of the time he works in Europe, where he's become a minor celebrity among dance-music aficionados. Carter says that due to his growing notoriety his production talents have been requested by pop-oriented acts. But he prefers to remain underground. Although enthused about his own Blue Cucaracha label and a new UK-based imprint he runs called Classic, he's reluctant to offer much explanation of either label's MO--other than each releases records when the mood strikes him. "I like to keep myself pretty invisible. You may think I'm somewhere, but I've already left."

Astro Boy ( www.DJastroboy.com )

Trevor Matthews & Vocalist Troy Dillard ( sweetspot )

Andrew Rasse ( Alphahouse , Foundsound )

Nestor ( www.Nestormusic.com )

Lynus ( The United Front )
1301 Washington Ave.
St. Louis
For More info please visit: www.velvetvibes.com
Table Reservations: brownnwhite2003@yahoo.com
21+only w/ID
Arrive Early To Avoid Dissappointment or Long Waits
This Show Will Sell Out!!

Tickets:

@www.groovetickets.com Very Limited------------>$10
@www.groovetickets.com Limited----------->$15
Please purchase your ticket in advance to ensure entry.
Brought to you by
B&W Productions www.bandwstl.com
Disco productions http://www.discoproductions.org/
Closed Thread