Meditation and marijuana?! - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Advertise on the Hip Forums   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room [4]

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Join the Facebook of Sex
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: There's WAY more than meets the eye...

Old 05-31-2005, 02:22 AM   #1
Psychedelic Moss

Psychedelic Moss is on a distinguished road
Meditation and marijuana?!
Like this post? Yes | No    

I don't want to get into too much detail, but after much research and experimentation, I've decided to regularly medidate (1 hour+ each day) using Osho's tremendously helpful techniques and guidance. I was simply wondering, how will smoking marijuana affect my new level of awareness? Is is good? bad? is it ultimately up to me to decide that? I have my own theories of course, but I'd like to get a second opinion from a more experienced guru. Any help will be gratefully accepted.

Do not speak unless it improves on silence.
I am, as you are.
Psychedelic Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 07:34 PM   #2
NatureFreak412
Art of Balance

NatureFreak412 is on a distinguished road
3 out of 3 members like this post. Like this post? Yes | No    

Yes meditation with grass is awesome. depending on your tolerance to grass, you can smoke just the right amount to put you in this great sense of awareness, but not the groggy stoned out feeling. Be sure to burn the appropriate kinds of incense to make it even better.
NatureFreak412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 07:36 PM   #3
Mui

Mui is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

there was a book written by some monks in tibet or india about meditation and marijuana... i forget the name of the book though... prolly coz of the ganj.
google it.
Mui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 08:14 PM   #4
2cesarewild
I'm an idiot.

2cesarewild is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

I've always heard that marijuana and meditation are not too good because marijuana clouds the mind. LSD and meditation is what I've heard is key.. but I don't meditate myself so I can't say I know first-hand.

Don't hate the black, don't hate the white,
If you get bitten, just hate the bite
2cesarewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 12:12 PM   #5
cerridwen
in stitches

cerridwen has a spectacular aura aboutcerridwen has a spectacular aura about
Like this post? Yes | No    

I really don't believe in involving drugs with meditation or ritual work... drugs altar your conciousness, and I need to stay a bit more focused when meditating...
cerridwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 01:44 AM   #6
FeelinGroovy
opposable thumb

FeelinGroovy is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

I find that just the right amount of bud is really good for relaxing the body, quieting the noise and stimulating the mind during meditation. For me, the best combination is a special blend of herbal tea and just one good hit of some decent bud and I can meditate deeply for about an hour.
FeelinGroovy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 08:13 AM   #7
Sesen

Sesen is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

I would say it depends on what type of meditation you are doing. I quit smoking for a while because I'm using meditation to observe my mind and penetrate into deeper levels that I'm not usually aware of, and if I was stoned during my meditations I would be observing my mind on pot instead of my sober mind. However if your meditating simply to relax or reach altered states of consciousness I would say smoke up if you want to, it will put you into a meditative state anyway and can be an excellent tool for getting into deeper meditations.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:23 AM   #8
jim_w

jim_w is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Meditation while high may well be fun, but it's pointless. If you want to get high, then get high. If you want spiritual development, then meditate. Conflate the two at your peril! Also, an hour a day is way too much for a novice. I hate to sound rude (and I don't mean to be), but if you're at a stage where you're wondering if you should smoke weed and meditate, then trying to do an hour a day is probably counterproductive. On what basis did you choose that time?
jim_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 12:30 PM   #9
cerridwen
in stitches

cerridwen has a spectacular aura aboutcerridwen has a spectacular aura about
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureFreak412
Yes meditation with grass is awesome. depending on your tolerance to grass, you can smoke just the right amount to put you in this great sense of awareness, but not the groggy stoned out feeling. Be sure to burn the appropriate kinds of incense to make it even better.
I would kind of expect this sort of answer from a 17 yr old (no offense).... When your priority in life is drugs over authentic spirituality, then mixing the two somehow is rationalized in being ok... But someone who meditates can and will find true enlightment w/o the help of any sort of drug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cesarewild
I've always heard that marijuana and meditation are not too good because marijuana clouds the mind. LSD and meditation is what I've heard is key.. but I don't meditate myself so I can't say I know first-hand.
Right... LSD just makes everything better

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_w
Meditation while high may well be fun, but it's pointless. If you want to get high, then get high. If you want spiritual development, then meditate.
Couldn't agree with you more...
cerridwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 04:36 PM   #10
2cesarewild
I'm an idiot.

2cesarewild is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerridwen
Right... LSD just makes everything better
I know.

Don't hate the black, don't hate the white,