Phototron Advice? - Hip Forums
Hip Forums
Click for more info about Advanced Nutrient's pH Perfect
Your Cannabis Connection
Search For Cannabis Strains
Strain Name:
Breeder:

Visit the MJ Guide for all your Cannabis needs!

Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room [3]

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Buy Music Posters at AllPosters
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals

Jorge Cervantes
Marijuana Horticulture
BUY IT!

Forum Description: Discuss grow room ideas, equipment, problems

Old 04-20-2005, 11:32 AM   #1
stewpadasso

stewpadasso is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

I have recently aquired a Phototron and I'm going to try to grow some White Widow in it.Does anyone here have any experience with the Phototron?
stewpadasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 03:56 PM   #2
tiedye420

tiedye420 is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Yeah I have one.
been using them over 10 years.
If you only want one plant ina little corner they are perfect.
Mine is in storage because i need new bulbs for it. I might get them soon I have a prized mom i would like to put in it.
Are you going to use the stock phototron formula ?
I use potting soil in mine- I was very careful how i watered them because there is no drainage. They work better with a pc fan in the top -to draw air out through the top ,, which brings cool air up from underneath, where the leaves need the carbon most. Better to grow an indica dom in a phototron, They make flowering and veg bulbs for the hanging fixture. I never tried those yet- Im going to get both when i order new flouro's for it.
And a lot of people talk real bad about phototrons, most of the people who do have never ran one right, or are interested in more commercial gains.
IMHO A phototron is cool for a hobby grower,, easy to stick in a corner and doesn't need a lot of space. You can get decent product fairly simple, for much cheaper than market value. Can't lose there.cheap on electric too.seems like it was about ten bucks a month to run on 18/6.
lemme know how the ww does in it eh.
hey i know a stu-padassho. Your brother maybe?
Later dude
tiedye
We should not stop plant improvement programs and the use of hybrid strains. However, we should provide a reserve of genetic material in case it is required in the future. Breeders can only combat future problems by relying on primitive gene pools
tiedye420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 03:01 PM   #3
stewpadasso

Like this post? Yes | No    

Thanxx 4 the reply Tiedye420.I got my Phototron off of Ebay.I have seen them advertised for years and was always curious about them.Its a Phototron2.Not sure how old it is but it seems to be in good condition.Being that it is used I'm wondering if it has the right bulbs in it.I was at my local "Lowes" store and I seen that they have different kind of "U Bulbs".Are there certain types of bulbs for the Phototron?I want to make sure I have the right bulbs going into this project.What do you mean by stock phototron formula ?Is this nutrients or soil?I put potting soil in mine for now.I have 3 plants going right now in it while I am waiting for my W.W. seeds to arrive.Is it best just to stick to 1 plant?I want to make sure I have a female in the Tron B4 I decide on one plant.Do you have any advice on this?I will hook a PC fan on to mine like you said.Can you just use the power output for the top grow light to hook the fan up?Does a PC fan run on standard 110?I know I have a lot of questions I hope you dont mind.As far as watering goes.How often do you water them?Do you use a spray bottle or a watering can or both?I know they say that using a high pressure sodium bulb will give better yields but I'm only looking for enough for my head and my wifes head.The pot you grew in your phototron...did it turn out good with high potency?Well I guess that is enough questions for you for now.Thanks for the help.I will have to check my family tree on this stu-padassho.LOL.Peace.
Old 04-23-2005, 09:01 PM   #4
tiedye420

Like this post? Yes | No    

go to the phototron website for bulbs
mine is a 2 also
the formula was 4 like hydro or coco choir i think.never used it myself.
id grow 3 to five at first- sex them and keep the branchiest female early, like 3 -5 weeks turn it to 12/12for sexing them.andjust keep the best- move the rest outside somewhere.
We should not stop plant improvement programs and the use of hybrid strains. However, we should provide a reserve of genetic material in case it is required in the future. Breeders can only combat future problems by relying on primitive gene pools
Old 04-28-2005, 05:01 AM   #5
stewpadasso

Like this post? Yes | No    

I laid aluminum foil down on the soil hoping to reflect more light.I also started in with a 15-30-15 Miracle grow formula (Wal-Mart Special)They are starting to responded after just one day.I have also 6 seedlings under a floro shop light with the same formula.As far as I can tell the phototron kicks ass compared to the Floro shop light.Time will tell.I have not started with the W.W. seeds yet.I think I want to let my first experimental grow be the bag weed seeds.Then collect data and then start the White Honeys.I am also thinking bout experimenting with a H.P.S.Don't know yet but damn growing is fun.Will keep this thread posted on my progress.Pics to come.Lets here from some of the viewers.Damn I'm gonna feel like shit at work 2morrow!
Old 04-28-2005, 05:02 PM   #6
tiedye420

Like this post? Yes | No    

sounds like you got it dialed.
i'll be back to peek at the pics bro.
good luck- you got me wanting to revive mine for a special mom ,or testing cuts by budding as few real small ones in there..
later
Old 04-29-2005, 03:39 PM   #7
stewpadasso

Like this post? Yes | No    

Come on Tiedye420.Break out the Tron for the mother.It will make your life all that more interesting.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:04 PM   #8
tiedye420

Like this post? Yes | No    

she is in sunshine now, probably by the end of summerI will, but my electric bill for a travel trailer is already over 200 a month.. ouch.
worth it ,though we are scraping by right now.
Old 04-30-2005, 01:44 AM   #9
stewpadasso

Like this post? Yes | No    

Well here are some pics at about 2 weeks progress.The three plants in the Phototron are doing well.Kinda slow growing I think but they have been transplanted 3 times till they got in thier resting places.The tempature here sucks so my growrooms average temp is around a chilly 50 degrees and sometimes colder.The weather was nice till I put the phototron in the attic.: ( The plants I have under the shop Floro suck ass pretty much.They are getting long and strigy as you can see in the pic.I have a cool and a warm light in the shop fixture but life does not look good under it.It may be to blame for the tempature.I have the light about 6-7 inches above them.Don't know if that is good or not.Well wanted to post pics.
Old 04-30-2005, 05:05 PM   #10
tiedye420

Like this post? Yes | No    

the ones in the tron look real nice

about that flourecent fixture you have though.
the bulbs themselves need to be between 2 &4 inches away.
to keep it about 2 inches away is best. but no closer.
they should perk up fine.
good luck hope it helps.