Prenatal vitamins - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Visit Weed Seed Shop for Great Deals on Cannabis Genetics!   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room [2]

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Join the Facebook of Sex
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals

Forum Description: Welcome to the Women's Issues Forum. Discuss subjects related to women's rights or any subject pertaining to women.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:29 PM   #1
dixie_pixy
Refried Hippie

dixie_pixy has a spectacular aura aboutdixie_pixy has a spectacular aura about
Prenatal vitamins
Like this post? Yes | No    

I've taken prenatals all my life, even when I wasn't trying to get pregnant. I started taking them as a young teenager (14 maybe) to regulate my iron and help me gain weight. I continued to take them off and on since then.

Now I'm back on them, this time because we are going to try to have another baby in the next year or so. I've been taking 2 different brands - Spring Valley and One Source. I alternate them since they are different strengths.

I currently have Mirena IUD and want to have it taken out in the next month or two so we can start trying. Does anyone know if there is anything I should be aware of while taking prenatals and having an IUD. I was thinking the uterus lining might get heavy from the vitamins and squish the IUD. Or bleed heavier.
dixie_pixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
anonisacat

anonisacat will become famous soon enoughanonisacat will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

on a side note, i didn't know that prenatal vitamins helped with weight gain. that's good to know! Do they make you more fertile, too?
Old 09-26-2012, 06:35 PM   #3
dixie_pixy
Refried Hippie

dixie_pixy has a spectacular aura aboutdixie_pixy has a spectacular aura about
Like this post? Yes | No    

I don't think they add to fertility! They do help your immune system and will make you eat like a horse.
dixie_pixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:00 PM   #4
anonisacat

anonisacat will become famous soon enoughanonisacat will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

oh! i might try them...
Old 10-05-2012, 11:51 AM   #5
Octopus.Tenticals

Octopus.Tenticals will become famous soon enoughOctopus.Tenticals will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

I love the gummy pnv at walmart!!! Loove them!

From what I've heard, I don't know if it's true, that it's not good to take them unless pre partum, while pregnant or post partum. Idk why.
Octopus.Tenticals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #6
 eggsprog
liberalobamacommunist

eggsprog has a brilliant futureeggsprog has a brilliant futureeggsprog has a brilliant futureeggsprog has a brilliant futureeggsprog has a brilliant futureeggsprog has a brilliant futureeggsprog has a brilliant futureeggsprog has a brilliant futureeggsprog has a brilliant futureeggsprog has a brilliant futureeggsprog has a brilliant future
Like this post? Yes | No    

if you're a sexually active woman, especially if you're not as strict as you should be with birth control, it's good to take folic acid regularly just in case you get knocked up.
eggsprog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:41 PM   #7
drumminmama
Super Moderator

drumminmama has disabled reputation
Like this post? Yes | No    

Hmm. My Mirena stopped my periods, but prenatals never made my periods heavier. I took them for hair growth for a couple years.

The mirena is pretty springy and is unlikely to be squished. They can imbed, and that's a pretty small stat, but they can cause ectopic pregnancy, so if you really are on the try again train, pop that sucker out.
The progestin should regulate within a couple months, but ask the gyno.

Have long hair? Come talk!

Flowing Tresses
drumminmama is offline   Reply With Quote