opiate withdrawal and metabolism? - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Click to Shop at Rama   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Buy Music Posters at AllPosters
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: Discuss opiates from raw opium to heroin...

Old 04-21-2012, 08:24 AM   #1
dandaman09

dandaman09 is an unknown quantity at this point
opiate withdrawal and metabolism?
Like this post? Yes | No    

Sooo when i first started using heroine, i would withdrawal for 3-4 days tops. Now when i do it, i swear i withdrawal for 2 weeks or longer. Do withdrawals get longer and longer the more time you use it? Ive been a user for 2 years now. My second question has to do with metabolism. Simply, does heroine slow down your metabolism either on it or when withdrawing? I noticed that when i run, i look normal and my skin looks great for a couple hours and than the next day its back to shit feeling and looking sick until i run again. So im thinking my metabolism speeds up to normal when i excercise. if anyone knows about these things, please share the knowledge!
dandaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #2
the00cheat

the00cheat is an unknown quantity at this point
Like this post? Yes | No    

I'd guess (again a guess) is that you feel better when you run because your body is releasing endorphins.
the00cheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:33 PM   #3
happydude_60

happydude_60 will become famous soon enoughhappydude_60 will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

2-4 days sounds about right for the acute phase, and 2 weeks sounds about right for the whole process, and I do believe that it can increase over time, especially the craving and anxiety and depression that it causes. About the metabolism, I don't know.
happydude_60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:40 PM   #4
pr0ne420

pr0ne420 has a spectacular aura aboutpr0ne420 has a spectacular aura aboutpr0ne420 has a spectacular aura about
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydude_60 View Post
2-4 days sounds about right for the acute phase, and 2 weeks sounds about right for the whole process.

This can vary greatly between users and doses. For some the "acute" phase can last a month and the whole process can take years.
pr0ne420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:02 AM   #5
happydude_60

happydude_60 will become famous soon enoughhappydude_60 will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

For opiates? Are you talking about methadone?
happydude_60 is offline   Reply With Quote