Dropping completly out from the society. - Page 5 - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Advertise on the Hip Forums   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Click to Advertise on the Hip Forums!
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: Tell us about your tips, tales, and travails of living in the great outdoors!

Old 04-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #41
FlyingFly
Dickens

FlyingFly is a glorious beacon of lightFlyingFly is a glorious beacon of lightFlyingFly is a glorious beacon of lightFlyingFly is a glorious beacon of lightFlyingFly is a glorious beacon of lightFlyingFly is a glorious beacon of light
Like this post? Yes | No    

That was... unexpected.
I think you can't convince most of the people by just shouting what you think is right. ( no matter if it is or not )

Theres a lot of job in IT, what did you do specifically?

And I guess there always will be some people willing to listen to you.
FlyingFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:48 PM   #42
prohibitionfighter

prohibitionfighter is an unknown quantity at this point
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFly View Post
That was... unexpected.
I think you can't convince most of the people by just shouting what you think is right. ( no matter if it is or not )

Theres a lot of job in IT, what did you do specifically?

And I guess there always will be some people willing to listen to you.
I have my degree in management systems, which means i know how to talk in everything from HTML, Dos, Java, and Css. I have also applied at literally thousands of jobs in the last 4 years. I think the main reason i can't get a job in any of these fields is because our economy sucks right now so there are alot of 25-40 year olds applying for the same job openings. Thus most businesses would rather hire someone older the a kid like me even though a graduated with honors and got an award for being the second smartest in my class.
prohibitionfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:55 AM   #43
Mudwendigo

Mudwendigo is an unknown quantity at this point
1 out of 1 members like this post. Like this post? Yes | No    

What the fuck? Don't listen too this bullshit advice!

I am going to tell you a story...

Easter Island is a tiny island (63.1 sq mi) in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. From the tallest hill you can see everything on the island. Once it was a lush tropical forest, filled with flora and fauna. Enough resources to sustain a population of several thousand people (15,000 at its height).

The villagers who lived there believed that dead had a symbiotic relationship with the dead. They built huge stone statues called Maoi to honour their dead so the dead would provide for living. They would cut down trees to move the maoi around. After a few generations there were no trees on the island over ten feet tall.

The islanders traditionally fished for most of their sustenance, but because of the lack of trees they couldn't build seaworthy vessels. With the collapse of the jungle ecosystem came the collapse of all their agriculture and livestock. Cannibalism became the norm.

Now imagine for a moment if you will the men who cut down the last grove of trees on the island. They must of known that these were the last ones. Were they overcome by inertia? Did they have ultimate faith that the gods of their ancestors would deliver them from their self imposed perils?

We now find ourselves in the same boat. As young men and women coming of age in the 21st century, we are faced with problems that we that no human has ever faced before. Global warming, arable farmland turning into dustbowls, exploding population and deforestation. Most people don't really realize how fucked we are.

At fault is the western global capitalistic empire. The people who are advocating assimilation and submission to the status quo are part of the problem. These people have been living in a veritable golden age of progress and prosperity. Their children and grand children will pay the price of there selfishness.

The worlds needs charismatic and driven individuals who feel the call of the wild and reject the status quo like never before. We can't work out these problems inside society because change will come too slow and we will miss our chance. Follow your heart dude.

If your interested in easter island, heres a link with a lot of good info.
http://www.primitivism.com/easter-island.htm

Last edited by Mudwendigo; 04-30-2012 at 01:01 AM. Reason: typos
Mudwendigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:59 AM   #44
Mudwendigo

Mudwendigo is an unknown quantity at this point
1 out of 2 members like this post. Like this post? Yes | No    

I am 18 years old and I am going to go to college for a forestry technician program(2 years). I know, I sound like a hypocrite but I think going to need the knowledge and experience to truly make a difference

Besides even if all of our efforts are moot and we can't change shit, it will still be a lot of fun.
Mudwendigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:41 AM   #45
prohibitionfighter

Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudwendigo View Post
I am 18 years old and I am going to go to college for a forestry technician program(2 years). I know, I sound like a hypocrite but I think going to need the knowledge and experience to truly make a difference

Besides even if all of our efforts are moot and we can't change shit, it will still be a lot of fun.
We can always change shit dude, never in your life do you not have the ability to work toward changing your situation.

I am not saying the knowledge gained from education is wrong or bad. Education is a great thing, but i could teach myself most of what you would learn in any school and know it better then most students from that school. The world has changed, we are all growing in knowledge and strength.

Also Mudwindigo i wanted to say i agree with what you have said but since when does a charismatic person say it is anyones fault. The world is and always has been our responsibility, nothing anyone else does should change that belief in you. Yes a few trees may die but many more will grow, just because adaptation made a mistake doesn't mean life stops.

All things considered i think i am a pretty lucky person living in our current time, if not for the technological advancements then at least because i get to see our planet, in all its living glory, everyday. Yes it may look different and now some species don't exist but life still grows, and that is all living is about.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:38 PM   #46
FlyingFly
Dickens

FlyingFly is a glorious beacon of lightFlyingFly is a glorious beacon of lightFlyingFly is a glorious beacon of lightFlyingFly is a glorious beacon of lightFlyingFly is a glorious beacon of lightFlyingFly is a glorious beacon of light
Like this post? Yes | No    

Lets be honest. We can't do much. Most of young people are idiots anyway. It is now fashionable to be stupid.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:19 AM   #47
cookiecache

cookiecache is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

As a person who lived in the Alaska bush (wilderness) for many years, I can say it is the hardest, but most rewarding lifestyle anyone can choose. Let me know if you have questions.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:46 PM   #48
prohibitionfighter

Like this post? Yes | No    

Are there any good programs to help someone get out there to live maybe in a situation where you and a few others work together to remain self sufficient?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiecache View Post
As a person who lived in the Alaska bush (wilderness) for many years, I can say it is the hardest, but most rewarding lifestyle anyone can choose. Let me know if you have questions.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #49
FlyingFly
Dickens

Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiecache View Post
I've sent you message, I'll be thankful if you want to go through it
Old 05-22-2012, 05:51 AM   #50
cookiecache

cookiecache is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

I have seen a lot more problems than solutions in groups other than families/couples.... Tribes can do okay with larger groups.