Marijuana makes me think really negative thoughts and get really paranoid. Anyone els - Hip Forums
Hip Forums
Click for Zamnesia Headshop, Smartshop, Seedshop
Your Cannabis Connection
Search For Cannabis Strains
Strain Name:
Breeder:

Visit the MJ Guide for all your Cannabis needs!

Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Join the Facebook of Sex
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: Learn more about the amazing cannabis plant. Legalize it!

Old 12-17-2011, 07:01 PM   #1
Xamanus

Xamanus is an unknown quantity at this point
Marijuana makes me think really negative thoughts and get really paranoid. Anyone els
1 out of 1 members like this post. Like this post? Yes | No    

I used to smoke daily, for about a year. Then one day the highs got really intense and made me critique myself and make me really paranoid about how people perceive me.
I'd get paranoid...I don't really know how to explain what it is that I felt. It's like I forgot how to interact with people. Paranoia made me so anxious that I couldn't say anything or do anything but simple nothingness. It wasn't fun or relaxing anymore. I beat myself up so badly (mentally, that is), that every thought I had, seemed to have a hidden meaning. I just ended up mentally paralyzed. im just wondering if this happens to anyone else.
Xamanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 07:04 PM   #2
 Aerianne
Beloved Moderator

Aerianne has a reputation beyond reputeAerianne has a reputation beyond reputeAerianne has a reputation beyond reputeAerianne has a reputation beyond reputeAerianne has a reputation beyond reputeAerianne has a reputation beyond reputeAerianne has a reputation beyond reputeAerianne has a reputation beyond reputeAerianne has a reputation beyond reputeAerianne has a reputation beyond reputeAerianne has a reputation beyond repute
Like this post? Yes | No    

Pot always makes me feel super self-conscious. I don't enjoy the feeling.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:57 PM   #3
LeviathanXII

LeviathanXII will become famous soon enoughLeviathanXII will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

Happens to me all the time, but I still smoke daily. You have to think of sober life, it has ups and downs, so when you smoke a lot you have to assume not all the time is going to be up. Sometimes negative thoughts happen. Not that they are good, if you feel the negative thoughts are becoming too stressful or too frequent then stop using.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:08 AM   #4
Rugor

Rugor has a spectacular aura aboutRugor has a spectacular aura about
Like this post? Yes | No    

http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/s...?t=440809&f=44

read this thread
Old 12-20-2011, 05:57 AM   #5
Duck 
quack.

Duck has disabled reputation
Like this post? Yes | No    

When I smoke, I either veg out or I think like crazy.

I'll have crazy deep and revealing thoughts. Often unsettling things about how I could be treating my girlie better, or how I feed into my own bad habits/laziness, etc.

It's annoying, but can be rather welcomed when they are the right thoughts.

Other than being way too self-reflective; the main bad effects I have from smoking are that I can't talk on the phone for shit most of the time (which is a primary way I have contact with said girlie), and that I fall asleep during movies with my contacts in.

Stand up for your rights.
Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:26 AM   #6
Tyrsonswood
Senior Moment

Tyrsonswood has a reputation beyond reputeTyrsonswood has a reputation beyond reputeTyrsonswood has a reputation beyond reputeTyrsonswood has a reputation beyond reputeTyrsonswood has a reputation beyond reputeTyrsonswood has a reputation beyond reputeTyrsonswood has a reputation beyond reputeTyrsonswood has a reputation beyond reputeTyrsonswood has a reputation beyond reputeTyrsonswood has a reputation beyond reputeTyrsonswood has a reputation beyond repute
2 out of 2 members like this post. Like this post? Yes | No    

It amplifies what's already there...

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

"there was something big happening that night, decisions were made and destiny was cast..."~jfw~

~ I chop wood, I carry water, I tend the Earth, This is my prayer. ~

Tyrsonswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:28 AM   #7
cass_jenner

cass_jenner will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

Wow - that is EXACTLY what happens to me. Same thoughts, same shit. It didn't used to be like that - it just used to be fun but now my head gets in the way. I kind of ignored it for a couple of years but finally had to say to myself "if it aint making you happy anymore then its time to stop"
So I did - I think many people arrive at that place - and its okay. Now I have a spliff maybe once a year, and all I want to do is listen to music and get lost in it. Really find it hard to talk to people though and "be there"
A friend of mine is a college professor and he smokes a big ol' pipe before he goes to work of a morning! I would turn to jelly. Another friend is a construction foreman same thing. Weird.
Its just time to stop smoking dude! Doesn't make you weird.
Well, no weirder than me anyhoo.......
cass_jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:36 AM   #8
Pressed_Rat
In a state of ketosis

Pressed_Rat has a reputation beyond reputePressed_Rat has a reputation beyond reputePressed_Rat has a reputation beyond reputePressed_Rat has a reputation beyond reputePressed_Rat has a reputation beyond reputePressed_Rat has a reputation beyond reputePressed_Rat has a reputation beyond reputePressed_Rat has a reputation beyond reputePressed_Rat has a reputation beyond reputePressed_Rat has a reputation beyond reputePressed_Rat has a reputation beyond repute

I've been smoking for 15 years and still encounter this problem. It most often occurs when smoking from a bong, or if it's really potent weed. The only thing you can do, aside from not smoking, is simply redirect your thoughts when they become negative. Think positive. Try not to dwell on negative things.

If you're young and this keeps bothering you, I would advise that you stop smoking, otherwise you're going to develop deep-rooted personality issues where functioning in the real world becomes very difficult. I speak from experience. I am a very withdrawn, paranoid person. I sometimes wonder if I would be this way if I stopped smoking early on, when these symptoms developed. It goes all the way back to high school for me.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:02 AM   #9
tuesdaystar

tuesdaystar is a name known to alltuesdaystar is a name known to alltuesdaystar is a name known to alltuesdaystar is a name known to alltuesdaystar is a name known to alltuesdaystar is a name known to all
Like this post? Yes | No    

I usually make elaborate, often irrational, plans for the future and smoke too many cigarettes. I'm quite the lightweight these days so if I smoke I usually behave impulsively and awkwardly and get a bit self-conscious, but I don't get paranoid about it because I feel like I'm with cool people that aren't judging me.

Sometimes my attention span gets totally fucked though. I'll be 45 min into a movie and think "have I really been watching this cuz I have no clue what's going on"
Old 12-21-2011, 05:25 AM   #10
 ROLLINGALONG
hillbilly

ROLLINGALONG has a reputation beyond reputeROLLINGALONG has a reputation beyond reputeROLLINGALONG has a reputation beyond reputeROLLINGALONG has a reputation beyond reputeROLLINGALONG has a reputation beyond reputeROLLINGALONG has a reputation beyond reputeROLLINGALONG has a reputation beyond reputeROLLINGALONG has a reputation beyond reputeROLLINGALONG has a reputation beyond reputeROLLINGALONG has a reputation beyond reputeROLLINGALONG has a reputation beyond repute

weed has never made me feel anything other than better than right before i smoked the weed...never 1 single time never ever

so lets review

weed-good

no weed-no good
ROLLINGALONG is offline   Reply With Quote