All you people who believe in life after death... - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Click to Upgrade your Account   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Join the Facebook of Sex
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: There's WAY more than meets the eye...

Old 07-02-2011, 01:33 PM   #1
walsh

walsh is a glorious beacon of lightwalsh is a glorious beacon of lightwalsh is a glorious beacon of lightwalsh is a glorious beacon of lightwalsh is a glorious beacon of light
All you people who believe in life after death...
Like this post? Yes | No    

When the body dies, what is it that persists after death? When you say you go to heaven after you die, what is it that goes to heaven?
Old 07-02-2011, 01:35 PM   #2
lovelyxmalia 
Banana Hammock

lovelyxmalia has much to be proud oflovelyxmalia has much to be proud oflovelyxmalia has much to be proud oflovelyxmalia has much to be proud oflovelyxmalia has much to be proud oflovelyxmalia has much to be proud oflovelyxmalia has much to be proud oflovelyxmalia has much to be proud oflovelyxmalia has much to be proud of
Like this post? Yes | No    

I'm not quite sure what I believe in, but I do believe the soul of a human being travels on...that's why we have paranormal happenings in the world and that's why some people vividly remember their past lives.

So I think its the soul that goes on for eternity...or until its purpose is served
Old 07-02-2011, 04:01 PM   #3
walsh

walsh is a glorious beacon of lightwalsh is a glorious beacon of lightwalsh is a glorious beacon of lightwalsh is a glorious beacon of lightwalsh is a glorious beacon of light
Like this post? Yes | No    

What is the soul? Is it everything in the body minus the physiological body which has died? Just the memories? Reasoning capacity? How can a living person know what is the soul and what isn't?
Old 07-02-2011, 04:11 PM   #4
mckarkies

mckarkies will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

I personally feel like the soul is the intuitive side of a being to understand it even exists. The soul is the natural being of a person before the world we are in molds it into a being in human form. I believe since energy, matter cannot be "destroyed" that our souls move in from our empty vessel of a body to another state in which our soul's energy can recognize it's existence once again.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:13 PM   #5
YoMama

YoMama will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

IMHO the spirit is the energy of our life the current you may not be able to see it but it is there. Kind of like radio waves
Old 07-02-2011, 04:15 PM   #6
mckarkies

mckarkies will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

It's like how when people take hallucinogenics and say they feel the mood of everyone in the room and of the room itself. That energy is picked up all the time no matter what, but on hallucinogenics it is intensified.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:40 PM   #7
KeithBC

KeithBC will become famous soon enoughKeithBC will become famous soon enough
1 out of 1 members like this post. Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by walsh View Post
When the body dies, what is it that persists after death? When you say you go to heaven after you die, what is it that goes to heaven?
What is it that persists during life? Nothing at all, yet we are demonstrably alive. So why shouldn't the same nothing at all survive death?
KeithBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:51 PM   #8
walsh

Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBC View Post
What is it that persists during life? Nothing at all, yet we are demonstrably alive. So why shouldn't the same nothing at all survive death?
The body is alive, nothing demonstrably more. If that nothing survives death, then the thing that survives is nothing. Make sense? It doesn't to me...
Old 07-03-2011, 03:45 AM   #9
KeithBC

KeithBC will become famous soon enoughKeithBC will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
The body is alive, nothing demonstrably more.
Yes, the body is alive, but that wasn't what I asked. I asked what persists. Cells die and are replaced. Molecules get broken down into metabolites and excreted, replaced by newly-synthesized replacements. Nothing persists.
KeithBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:23 AM   #10
Billyx1120

Billyx1120 is a jewel in the roughBillyx1120 is a jewel in the roughBillyx1120 is a jewel in the roughBillyx1120 is a jewel in the rough
And Then ...
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Heaven? - well thats one way of putting it - For me - It's another dimension
'This' life is only one charter of an Never Ending story
The body is only a vehicle in witch the Soul and Spirits operate - it decays only when the two move on.
Where they go to is ... well I guess you just have to be there

< Peace + Love . Protest + Protect . Save the Planet >
Billyx1120 is offline   Reply With Quote