Henna vs. Permanent tattoos - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Click to buy Herbies Cannabis Seeds!   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room [3]

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Join the Facebook of Sex
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: Discuss piercings, tattoos and other modifications to the body

Old 04-21-2011, 04:27 AM   #1
synshad

Location: Cranford NJ! Not that you would know where that is...
synshad is an unknown quantity at this point
Henna vs. Permanent tattoos
Like this post? Yes | No    

I am and have always been interested in the ways of self expression, but generally prefer not to partake in the physical body modifications, due to their permanence. I would like to know, however, your opinions on henna tattoos, as opposed to permanent tattoos, since henna is not permanent. Is it worth looking into? Thanks!
synshad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:52 AM   #2
ChronicTom
Banned

ChronicTom has much to be proud ofChronicTom has much to be proud ofChronicTom has much to be proud ofChronicTom has much to be proud ofChronicTom has much to be proud ofChronicTom has much to be proud ofChronicTom has much to be proud ofChronicTom has much to be proud ofChronicTom has much to be proud ofChronicTom has much to be proud of
Like this post? Yes | No    

Is it worth it for what?

Ignoring that for a moment... you want other people's opinion on how you should express yourself?

Really?
ChronicTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:13 PM   #3
synshad

Like this post? Yes | No    

I'm not asking how I should use it...I'm asking if it's worth pursuing, or if it's just a waste of money. I'm just curious. I'm not asking anyone HOW to use it.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:08 PM   #4
ChronicTom
Banned

ChronicTom has much to be proud ofChronicTom has much to be proud ofChronicTom has much to be proud ofChronicTom has much to be proud ofChronicTom has much to be proud ofChronicTom has much to be proud ofChronicTom has much to be proud ofChronicTom has much to be proud ofChronicTom has much to be proud ofChronicTom has much to be proud of
1 out of 1 members like this post. Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by synshad View Post
I'm not asking how I should use it...I'm asking if it's worth pursuing, or if it's just a waste of money. I'm just curious. I'm not asking anyone HOW to use it.
Yeah... that was my point.

Asking how to use it would be wanting to learn about the process...
If that had been what you asked, I would have said, check these sites out;
http://www.hennamehndi.com/
http://www.hennatattoo.com/
http://www.hennapage.com/

And watch these videos;

But, as you say, what you are asking is whether or not it YOU should use it... and only you can decide that.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:04 PM   #5
synshad

Like this post? Yes | No    

Okay, okay. Thanks for the links
Old 04-21-2011, 11:10 PM   #6
ChronicTom
Banned

Like this post? Yes | No    

Your welcome.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:10 PM   #7
RooRshack
On Sabbatical

Location: where people who don't approve of hiding war crimes go
RooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant future
Like this post? Yes | No    

I don't think it's real henna, but I know there's shit sold as henna that causes horrible autoimmune and other problems.

RIP cosmoknot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuesdaystar View Post
Let them eat acid!
RooRshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:20 PM   #8
ChronicTom
Banned

Like this post? Yes | No    

People with autoimmune diseases have been reported to have issues with henna, but its one of those issues where nobody actually seems to agree.

In regards to some Black Henna; (not legal in the states)

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-para...iamine-ppd.htm

Para-Phenylenediamine - One of the most dangerous applications of PPD is when it is added to henna, a natural dye. When used for temporary tattoos, henna laced with PPD is known as “Black Henna.” Although this is not an approved use for PPD in the United States, some tattoo artists will illegally add the chemical to henna for darker temporary tattoos that dry faster than pure henna tattoos. Because the dye is applied while the PPD is in its oxidation process, its potential as an allergen is increased. Black Henna tattoos often result in a skin reaction similar to a chemical burn, which in turn results in a scar where the skin was tattooed.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:23 PM   #9
ChronicTom
Banned

Like this post? Yes | No    

Here is a discussion about the issue;
http://hennatribe.org/viewtopic.php?...6c0ee7c8047721

Basically, the consensus of that discussion (you judge the validity of it yourself), is that there are no issues between henna and autoimmune diseases.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:28 PM   #10
ChronicTom
Banned

Like this post? Yes | No    

If you are looking to try it out for yourself, this is the kit I first started with;

http://cgi.ebay.ca/MEHNDI-tattoo-INK...item2eb41de34d

Of the four people I have done it on so far... none of us have died or had any bad reactions.