Consensus: What is the 'ceiling' dose of Buprenoprhine (Suboxone) - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Click to Upgrade Your HipForums Account   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room [6]

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Join the Facebook of Sex
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: Discuss opiates from raw opium to heroin...
View Poll Results: What is your personal dose ceiling for Buprenorpine (Suboxone)
3-4mg 1 16.67%
4-6mg 1 16.67%
6-8mg 2 33.33%
8-12mg 0 0%
12-16mg 2 33.33%
16+mg 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2011, 10:22 PM   #1
etkearne
Resident Pharmacologist

etkearne has a spectacular aura aboutetkearne has a spectacular aura aboutetkearne has a spectacular aura about
Consensus: What is the 'ceiling' dose of Buprenoprhine (Suboxone)
Like this post? Yes | No    

All Suboxone users know there is a ceiling since Bupe is only a partial agonist of the mu-opioid receptor. However, I can't seem to find the definitive answer to what it is, and I am too stingy with my own Suboxone to experiment with higher doses, since, if I go over the ceiling, it is essentially worthless.

I have read claims that it is as low as 3mg or as high as 32mg. Big freaking difference! So, help me find the general consensus of what it is through the poll.

POLL: Click the dose of Bupe at which you receive max effect, but where increasing the dose more does NOT get you higher.

Much thanks.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:33 PM   #2
eatthecorn
Banned

eatthecorn is an unknown quantity at this point
Like this post? Yes | No    

about 8 mgs
eatthecorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:40 PM   #3
etkearne
Resident Pharmacologist

etkearne has a spectacular aura aboutetkearne has a spectacular aura aboutetkearne has a spectacular aura about
Like this post? Yes | No    

Cool. I'll have to try a full strip (8mg) some time. I never have taken more than 6mg, but take 4mg every day as my maintenance dose. However, I am going to get it moved to 6mg since it tends to wear off in the evening to the point of severe cravings.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:12 PM   #4
ness33

ness33 is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

I would say 8 mg as well. I cant even take more than 3 mg a day. Usually 1mg in the morning and 2 mg at night
ness33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:33 PM   #5
etkearne
Resident Pharmacologist

Like this post? Yes | No    

Alright. So I ran my 'experiment' yesterday (all in the name of science of course...) to find the ceiling. I found that around 6mg I stopped getting significantly higher. At 8mg, I was slightly higher, but nowhere near what a 2mg increase was like in smaller doses. Boy did the high last, though! I could barely sleep I was so euphorically buzzing. And, it took until 10:00am for the buzz to significantly disappear. What a FUN experiment !