Deleted psychedelic scene from Avatar - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Visit Sensi Seed Bank for Great Cannabis Genetics!   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room [1]

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Buy Music Posters at AllPosters
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: Discuss books, movies, and other media that portray the psychedelic experience.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:41 PM   #1
mayhew

mayhew is an unknown quantity at this point
Deleted psychedelic scene from Avatar
Like this post? Yes | No    

I bought recently Avatar extended edition blu-ray, and there's a deleted scene of Jake taking sort of psychoactive worm and there's a depiction of full blown ayahuasca-like trip, with unfinished computer graphics sadly, but you can see all familiar psychedelic effects like spirals, hyperspace tunnels, even Buddha-like pose that Jake assumes, complete with Baraka inspired ambient music.

There's also a 30 min documentary about James Cameron going to Amazon, visiting local chiefs etc.

Suddenly it hit me - James Cameron had ayahuasca! He must have. Well, the 'trip' scene is dead giveaway already, but there's also 'accidental' mention of DMT in one of the deleted scenes, where Col. Quarritch says to soldiers 'don't forget to take your DMT's!', DMT here being a sort of personal tag thingie.

Whatever you think about Avatar, some people love it, some hate it, but now it definitely has a psychedelic connection.
mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:26 PM   #2
orison319
my dog is full of stars

orison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond repute
Like this post? Yes | No    

Jumpers: was theoretically an Inhalant movie,, David Rice is a high school student in Ann Arbor, abandoned by his mother at five, enamored with Millie, a fellow student, and picked on by at least one classmate. On a winter's day, while about to drown, he discovers he can transport himself instantaneously to anyplace on earth...

Movies are movies.. Make of them what you wish..

one could theorize George Lucas Sniffed glue.. Sure played with alot of xwingmodel.jpg

A drug is a drug is a drug..

'
Then they bring them to the factory
Where the heart-attack machine
Is strapped across their shoulders
And then the kerosene
orison319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:32 PM   #3
OhSoDreadful
Childish Idealist

OhSoDreadful has a spectacular aura aboutOhSoDreadful has a spectacular aura aboutOhSoDreadful has a spectacular aura about
Like this post? Yes | No    

interesting. I still don't think I want to watch it though
Old 02-09-2011, 10:35 PM   #4
orison319
my dog is full of stars

orison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond repute
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhSoDreadful View Post
interesting. I still don't think I want to watch it though
considering most those that have viewed it, dont even know what Dmt is. And Avatar wouldnt start some new Psychedelic revolution .. ever!

'
Then they bring them to the factory
Where the heart-attack machine
Is strapped across their shoulders
And then the kerosene
orison319 is offline   Reply With Quote