Separation of church and state? - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Buy Posters Here!   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room [1]

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Buy Music Posters at AllPosters
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: This forum is for naturists to discuss their favorite pastime.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:05 PM   #1
groovecookie

groovecookie is on a distinguished road
Separation of church and state?
Like this post? Yes | No    

Does anyone have any idea why public nudity and indecent exposure laws are not considered separation of church and state issues?

Maybe they are in some circles, but when I do a google search with "separation of church and state", nothing comes up regarding nudity.

I really don't understand that because I though the whole idea of it was keeping religious laws restricted to religious institutions.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:47 PM   #2
 sunfighter
Hip Forums Supporter

sunfighter is a splendid one to beholdsunfighter is a splendid one to beholdsunfighter is a splendid one to beholdsunfighter is a splendid one to beholdsunfighter is a splendid one to beholdsunfighter is a splendid one to behold
Like this post? Yes | No    

This is widely misunderstood. The entirety of the idea is contained in the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution
Quote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof ...
So, for instance, if the government orders a nativity scene to be removed from public property at Christmas, that is unconstitutional since it had nothing to do with any law that establishes religion and further, it prohibits the free exercise of religion.

On the other hand, if the government passes a law against nudity, that is also unconstitutional if you consider the whole idea to be an establishment of a religious idea. The problem is that the courts haven't usually looked at it that way.
sunfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:22 AM   #3
groovecookie

Like this post? Yes | No    

That's what my feeling was. I guess I was thinking maybe there was some legal loophole justification for such laws that use some bizarre rationale regarding public health or sanitation or some such.

I think you almost have to be an atheist to really appreciate what an outrage it is that people who don't believe in a god should be forced to practice body shame in public.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:19 PM   #4
nldn

nldn is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

The two are unrelated. There are plenty of Christians who are happy to swim or sunbathe naked such as in Germany and see no connection at all.
nldn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:02 AM   #5
Logan 5
Confessed gynephile

Logan 5 is a jewel in the roughLogan 5 is a jewel in the roughLogan 5 is a jewel in the roughLogan 5 is a jewel in the rough
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovecookie View Post
Does anyone have any idea why public nudity and indecent exposure laws are not considered separation of church and state issues?

Maybe they are in some circles, but when I do a google search with "separation of church and state", nothing comes up regarding nudity.

I really don't understand that because I though the whole idea of it was keeping religious laws restricted to religious institutions.
How does this become a separation of church from state issue to begin with? If you wanna run around your home naked, do it. If the pigs don't like it, fuck'em. Your home & your right.
"We have become a Nazi monster in the eyes of the whole world, a nation of bullies and bastards who would rather kill than live peacefully. We are not just Whores for power and oil, but killer whores with hate and fear in our hearts. We are human scum, and that is how history will judge us" -- Hunter S. Thompson

"...You can't build a dream, without a plan...." -- Jefferson Starship ("It's Not Over", "No Protection" Album, 1987)
Logan 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:47 PM   #6
groovecookie

Like this post? Yes | No    

Ok, let me spell it out.. (and I'm talking strictly about America and other countries that don't allow public nudity)..if you walk out on the street naked or go to a public beach to take off your clothes, there is a good chance you will be arrested.

Why? Because whatever country you are in that doesn't allow public nudity is dominated by some religion that prohibits nudity. Why else would it be illegal?

I
Old 04-07-2011, 07:32 AM   #7
Amontillado

Amontillado is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

No no, it's capitalism, man.

Imagine all the cash that's made by people who make clothes and sell clothes. Think they'll let anyone go around without buying their stuff? Forget this religion business, it's all about getting your money.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:11 AM   #8
Logan 5
Confessed gynephile

Logan 5 is a jewel in the roughLogan 5 is a jewel in the roughLogan 5 is a jewel in the roughLogan 5 is a jewel in the rough
Like this post? Yes | No    

Dude, they are trying to be "morality police". Failing to recognize that before they start telling you and I what is right or wrong, they must first recognize it in themselves, first, and strive to change that. But they won't.
"We have become a Nazi monster in the eyes of the whole world, a nation of bullies and bastards who would rather kill than live peacefully. We are not just Whores for power and oil, but killer whores with hate and fear in our hearts. We are human scum, and that is how history will judge us" -- Hunter S. Thompson

"...You can't build a dream, without a plan...." -- Jefferson Starship ("It's Not Over", "No Protection" Album, 1987)
Logan 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:55 PM   #9
groovecookie

Like this post? Yes | No    

Does anyone know of any place online I can get info on the history of nudist activism and any cases that have gone to court? I'd like to educate myself on all the different things that have been tried and what happened as a result.

I want to be an activist myself, but I want to be an effective activist who has done his homework on the subject.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:39 PM   #10
ganesha1967 
barefoot bellybearer

ganesha1967 has disabled reputation
Like this post? Yes | No    

Well, how about these...?

http://naturistaction.org/index.html
http://www.conformandobey.co.uk/page...d_protest.html
http://www.nakedprotesters.com/
http://www.barewitness.org/
http://usanudist.com/blog/?p=282
http://www.naktiv.net/activism.html