Will Marijuana ever be legal in the United States for recreational use? - Hip Forums
Hip Forums
Click for Zamnesia Headshop, Smartshop, Seedshop
Your Cannabis Connection
Search For Cannabis Strains
Strain Name:
Breeder:

Visit the MJ Guide for all your Cannabis needs!

Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room [1]

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Join the Facebook of Sex
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: Learn more about the amazing cannabis plant. Legalize it!
View Poll Results: Will Marijuana ever be legal in the United States for recreational use?
Yes 36 53.73%
Only in particular states 23 34.33%
No 8 11.94%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-2011, 06:16 AM   #1
Cold Brains

Cold Brains is on a distinguished road
Will Marijuana ever be legal in the United States for recreational use?
Like this post? Yes | No    

?
Cold Brains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:54 AM   #2
slappyman

slappyman has a spectacular aura aboutslappyman has a spectacular aura aboutslappyman has a spectacular aura about
Like this post? Yes | No    

I do believe it will happen, not today or tomorrow. It will take a few states to break the wall. But when people see that chaos didn't ensue, people will begin to question the vast amounts of money spent on prohibition of cannabis.

But there are some very powerful groups fighting for this not to happen. The pharmaceutical companies, the private prison industry, the drug test companies, and even though I might make some enemies, the growers them selves.

People that prefer to smoke need to stand up and speak out regardless of their position in life. Sorry I'll stop, this is a tender spot we me.
slappyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:06 AM   #3
Nyxx
MISANTHROPE

Nyxx has much to be proud ofNyxx has much to be proud ofNyxx has much to be proud ofNyxx has much to be proud ofNyxx has much to be proud ofNyxx has much to be proud ofNyxx has much to be proud ofNyxx has much to be proud ofNyxx has much to be proud ofNyxx has much to be proud of
Like this post? Yes | No    

N0-
Because the goverment sucks huge hairy ball bags.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:09 AM   #4
RooRshack
On Sabbatical

Location: where people who don't approve of hiding war crimes go
RooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant future
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappyman View Post
the growers them selves.
The current non medical (and medical, with funneled off product) producers in cali seem to have played a large part in the no on prop 19, "stoners against prop19" stupidity.... They will become no more profitable than tomato farmers when it's legal. (well not quite, there will always be a market for super high end weed... but there's a market for super good tomatoes too)

Of course there are good growers, who love the plant, and then there's most growers... who are in an unspoken coalition with the DEA. They both just love money and power.

RIP cosmoknot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuesdaystar View Post
Let them eat acid!
RooRshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:43 AM   #5
TheMadcapSyd
Titanic's captain, yo!

TheMadcapSyd has much to be proud ofTheMadcapSyd has much to be proud ofTheMadcapSyd has much to be proud ofTheMadcapSyd has much to be proud ofTheMadcapSyd has much to be proud ofTheMadcapSyd has much to be proud ofTheMadcapSyd has much to be proud ofTheMadcapSyd has much to be proud ofTheMadcapSyd has much to be proud ofTheMadcapSyd has much to be proud of
Like this post? Yes | No    

Probably, it could happen next year in Washington. The fact two states, two years in a row, are voting on not to decriminalize, not to approve medical, but to approve full out legalization shows it's going to happen inevitably. At best it will pass by a very thin margin in Washington next year, at worse it'll be something like a 53-47 vote that happened in California. Not a win, but close enough to show that in a few years it could be a win.
TheMadcapSyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:27 AM   #6
Popularity

Popularity is a splendid one to beholdPopularity is a splendid one to beholdPopularity is a splendid one to beholdPopularity is a splendid one to beholdPopularity is a splendid one to beholdPopularity is a splendid one to beholdPopularity is a splendid one to behold
Like this post? Yes | No    

i said a few states but I take it back. i say "no".

i mean, no countries even have it legalized. it'd be hundreds of years if ever imo.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:52 AM   #7
RooRshack
On Sabbatical

Location: where people who don't approve of hiding war crimes go
RooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant future
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popularity View Post
i said a few states but I take it back. i say "no".

i mean, no countries even have it legalized. it'd be hundreds of years if ever imo.
....Half the world doesn't give a FUCK. The other half is bullied by the US, who literally makes the planes their air force flys, and the cartoons their children watch. And even our protectorates (northern mariana islands) are legalizing. (I need to look up how that went, if we successfully bullied them back down on it...)

*edit* well and then there's china and the commie bunch... but no one likes them, either. Just their cheap plastic shit. (politically of course. I have nothing against chinamen, racially)

RIP cosmoknot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuesdaystar View Post
Let them eat acid!
RooRshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:18 PM   #8
 FarmerJ
Hip Forums Supporter

FarmerJ has disabled reputation
Like this post? Yes | No    

There are many politically well connected people whose jobs depend it least in part on proibition, cops prosecutors, prison guards. Also as stated before many growers are against it becomeing legal. I do think we will see a continuing trend toward decrimilaziton of small amounts.
FarmerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #9
This is beef

This is beef is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyxx View Post
N0-
Because the goverment sucks huge hairy ball bags.
Yes.

They are so off base with the public, and already have us right where they want us. This has been a huge issue for the past 50 years, we are just starting to crack the ice but the federal government still wants to squash it. I can see it in certain states, but not across the board legalization.

Marijuana is a plant, not a drug.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:03 PM   #10
hawaiiankine

hawaiiankine will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

Some states...like the non zionist ones...because smoking weed promotes peace.
hawaiiankine is offline   Reply With Quote