"Bath salts" banned in Louisiana - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Advertise on the Hip Forums   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room [4]

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Click to Advertise on the Hip Forums!
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: Discuss the various man-made (designer) drugs available

Old 01-11-2011, 03:10 AM   #1
CannbisSouL
Smoke 'till you toke.

CannbisSouL has much to be proud ofCannbisSouL has much to be proud ofCannbisSouL has much to be proud ofCannbisSouL has much to be proud ofCannbisSouL has much to be proud ofCannbisSouL has much to be proud ofCannbisSouL has much to be proud ofCannbisSouL has much to be proud ofCannbisSouL has much to be proud ofCannbisSouL has much to be proud of
"Bath salts" banned in Louisiana
Like this post? Yes | No    

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=13798678

LIVINGSTON, LA (WAFB) - It has been called the "poor man's meth" known as a legal way to get high. Today Governor Bobby Jindal signed an emergency rule making fake "bath salts" illegal. The synthetic drug is sold online and at gas station stores.

It is the first time something like this has been done. Jindal says the chemicals in this fake "bath salt" are now considered a schedule one drug, meaning not for medicinal purposes, but having high abuse potential.

Deputies in Livingston Parish wasted no time hitting several stores after the governor's announcement. They say they knew where the stuff was being sold, now they can get it off the streets.

"Whatever kind of bath salt you got, put it right here," said one Livingston deputy. 9 News rode along with Livingston deputies as they began confiscating the drugs. Livingston Parish deputies have known gas station stores have been selling the synthetic drugs by the packet. Now they can take them off the shelves.

"Therefore making it illegal to possess, manufacture or distribute these products in the state of Louisiana," said Governor Jindal. "This is a growing threat...some are saying it's greater than crystal meth in their communities."

At Rayburn's Grocery, in Satsuma there were six different brands of the "bath salt" for sale behind the counter. Each around 250 milligrams per packet for $20 to $45 dollars each.

The drug is said to cause the same high as cocaine or ecstasy, and are ingested the same way as other drugs. Patients have been treated for paranoia, hallucinations and many report suicidal thoughts.
Walter Reed, District Attorney for the 22 JDC, says three people in Louisiana have taken their own life. "A mother in Minden, Louisiana told me her son hung himself," Reed said.

Livingston's law enforcement is asking stores to hand the stuff over voluntarily. At one shop, it took some convincing before the store owner complied.

"It's a felony to possess the stuff. If you have any around and we find out, you going to jail for it," said a deputy to one store owner. After hearing that, the owner went outside and returned with ten packets of "Cloud9" - another brand of the drugs. The owner told 9 News, he only sold it because customers asked him to.

Deputies say the one thing they want to find out now is where and from who these stores are getting the drugs.

If you have the drugs in your possession, you can face up to 30 years in prison. The governor says they'll need to pass additional legislation, in case manufacturers try to switch the chemicals and continue selling the drug.

Legal highs you people say? Well with the publicity they get.. they won't be legal much longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripping Buddy
"One thing that I forgot to remember, was that psychedelics happen"
CannbisSouL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:27 AM   #2
 ROLLINGALONG
hillbilly

ROLLINGALONG has a reputation beyond reputeROLLINGALONG has a reputation beyond reputeROLLINGALONG has a reputation beyond reputeROLLINGALONG has a reputation beyond reputeROLLINGALONG has a reputation beyond reputeROLLINGALONG has a reputation beyond reputeROLLINGALONG has a reputation beyond reputeROLLINGALONG has a reputation beyond reputeROLLINGALONG has a reputation beyond reputeROLLINGALONG has a reputation beyond reputeROLLINGALONG has a reputation beyond repute
Like this post? Yes | No    

if the shit is dangerous and bad then it shouldnt be available at a fucking gas station...i am all for people getting high if that is their choice but i dont want this shit coming to my town...i am pretty sure they arent talking about the stuff you buy at high end shops and mary kay
ROLLINGALONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:40 AM   #3
CannbisSouL
Smoke 'till you toke.

CannbisSouL has much to be proud ofCannbisSouL has much to be proud ofCannbisSouL has much to be proud ofCannbisSouL has much to be proud ofCannbisSouL has much to be proud ofCannbisSouL has much to be proud ofCannbisSouL has much to be proud ofCannbisSouL has much to be proud ofCannbisSouL has much to be proud ofCannbisSouL has much to be proud of
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLINGALONG View Post
if the shit is dangerous and bad then it shouldnt be available at a fucking gas station...i am all for people getting high if that is their choice but i dont want this shit coming to my town...i am pretty sure they arent talking about the stuff you buy at high end shops and mary kay
I think these things can be used somewhat responsibly by someone with the will-power to do such, and the knowledge of what's in them - but my main problem with these things is the fact that majority of people who buy them don't care what's in them, they just want to get as fucked up as possible.

They take these things without doing any research, going by advice of how fucked up others got and end up screwing themselves over. Then they give the research chemical scene a terrible name.

I gotta agree with you though, making these legal blends illegal is probably a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripping Buddy
"One thing that I forgot to remember, was that psychedelics happen"
CannbisSouL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:43 AM   #4
lunarverse
The Living End

lunarverse has a reputation beyond reputelunarverse has a reputation beyond reputelunarverse has a reputation beyond reputelunarverse has a reputation beyond reputelunarverse has a reputation beyond reputelunarverse has a reputation beyond reputelunarverse has a reputation beyond reputelunarverse has a reputation beyond reputelunarverse has a reputation beyond reputelunarverse has a reputation beyond reputelunarverse has a reputation beyond repute
Like this post? Yes | No    

Schedule I, same as weed...
and swam several miles back to the mainland.
He was the only legionnaire to escape.'
lunarverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:06 AM   #5
vividXX

vividXX is an unknown quantity at this point
Like this post? Yes | No    

I live in Louisiana. I have tried it once. It wasn't that great. I was fucked up for like 20 minutes. It kind of felt like a cross between being drunk and rolling.

vividXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:38 AM   #6
Spicy Milk

Spicy Milk is an unknown quantity at this point
Like this post? Yes | No    

Bath Salts are not all that the hype makes it up to be. People told me it was synthetic cocaine, all that I ever noticed was that people were more social and talkative on it.
Spicy Milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:44 AM   #7
RooRshack
On Sabbatical

Location: where people who don't approve of hiding war crimes go
RooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant futureRooRshack has a brilliant future
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLINGALONG View Post
They're talking about mephedrone, methylone, and to a lesser extent MDPV and related chemicals, though the latter are usually sold under a fertilizer name.

I don't care what you want where, I don't want tweakers everywhere, but I would prefer that to fascism. If they went teaching kinds about how stupid amphetamines can be instead of sending people to prison for chemicals, they'd spend less money and do more good.

MDPV worse than crank? probly... Mephedrone? methinx not.... Either way, it's not their fucking right to dictate what people take.

There's lots of people who kill themselves all the time, for all sorts of reasons. because 3 people who engaged in high risk activities killed themselves, doesn't mean anything about mephedrone causing it.

Fascist fucks.

*edit* the comments on that story are great, especially if they are by locals, and not HF users

RIP cosmoknot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuesdaystar View Post
Let them eat acid!
RooRshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:40 PM   #8
G0dm4ch1n3

G0dm4ch1n3 is a name known to allG0dm4ch1n3 is a name known to allG0dm4ch1n3 is a name known to allG0dm4ch1n3 is a name known to allG0dm4ch1n3 is a name known to allG0dm4ch1n3 is a name known to all
Like this post? Yes | No    

We have been to the moon, we have charted the depths of the ocean and the heart of the atom, but we have a fear of looking inward to ourselves because we sense that is where all the contradictions flow together. - Terence McKenna

G0dm4ch1n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:04 PM   #9
 ROLLINGALONG
hillbilly

ROLLINGALONG has a reputation beyond reputeROLLINGALONG has a reputation beyond reputeROLLINGALONG has a reputation beyond reputeROLLINGALONG has a reputation beyond reputeROLLINGALONG has a reputation beyond reputeROLLINGALONG has a reputation beyond reputeROLLINGALONG has a reputation beyond reputeROLLINGALONG has a reputation beyond reputeROLLINGALONG has a reputation beyond reputeROLLINGALONG has a reputation beyond reputeROLLINGALONG has a reputation beyond repute
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooRshack View Post

I don't care what you want where,
there must be line some where when it comes to safety..poor planning and bad government regulations or lack there of is responsible for some huge health care problems decades later ie smoking cigarettes....a gas station attendant cant possibly be held responsible for selling this shit to someone so it shouldnt be there in the first place..put it behind the counter in a shop that no kids can get it over the counter..like a head shop or in canadas case..headshops and tattoo shops[new vendors here]

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0dm4ch1n3 View Post
I was reading in the paper this morning that they banned Methadrone, Methylone, and 4 other Cathinones. Research chemicals should not be sold to the general public at all. These assholes that decide to buy chems in bulk and make fucking bath salt and incense and plant food for the general public whom know very little about RC's and what they do are money grubby pieces of shit. I hope they keep their hands off the good psychedelics that are left. I will be pissed the fuck off the day I find any of my favorites in a store being sold as dick rub or god knows what.
the dick rub doesnt sound all that bad lol...should have used another example haha
ROLLINGALONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:46 PM   #10
SweetBlasphemy

SweetBlasphemy is a name known to allSweetBlasphemy is a name known to allSweetBlasphemy is a name known to allSweetBlasphemy is a name known to allSweetBlasphemy is a name known to allSweetBlasphemy is a name known to all
Like this post? Yes | No    

Yeah, these are the one set of drugs I'm not sad to see banned. Like someone said up there, research chemicals in the hands of the average member of the general public is not a good idea. Not to mention, someone who IS responsible and experienced with RCs can't even know what the hell exactly is in the stuff without a GC/MS. Not that I was a huge fan of the cathinones et al. to begin with but it always irks me when something that we as a community try to keep under wraps but it inevitably falls into the wrong hands and ruins it for the rest of us, as well as hurting those who use the stuff irresponsibly and without knowledge.

I think Salvia is following close behind... another one I won't shed a tear to see banned (at least to the general public - it will be a bummer when it becomes unavailable to those who want to use it properly and responsibly). Salvia is not a toy and should not be readily available to any 16 year old looking for a "weed substitute."