Urgent! Poppy Pod Shortage - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Click for books about Marijuana   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room [2]

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Click to Advertise on the Hip Forums!
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: Discuss opiates from raw opium to heroin...

Old 07-01-2010, 10:08 AM   #1
Codone

Codone is on a distinguished road
Urgent! Poppy Pod Shortage
Like this post? Yes | No    

Hello all. I couldn't help but notice that there's a major shortage of poppy pods right now. Many vendors have raised their prices two or threefold over the last month, while others are completely out of stock. And none of them have any information about what's going on.

I heard on another forum that the DEA has issued an inspection of U.S. poppy crops to test for opium content. During that time, farms have been unable to ship any supplies, which explains the current shortage. The "hold" was supposed to last 30 days, and we're nearing the end of that time frame.

My question is, how much legitimacy is there to this rumor? If it's true, what is the likelihood that it will make it impossible to obtain dried poppies in the future? I don't mind paying higher prices, but am really scared that whatever's going on will seriously inhibit my ability to continue crafting.

Lastly, does anyone know of any independent poppy farms or vendors that don't obtain their supplies from one of the major sources? I'm a loyal, repeat customer who is basically looking for a reliable and forthcoming vendor.
Codone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:29 AM   #2
orison319
my dog is full of stars

orison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond repute
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
what is the likelihood that it will make it impossible to obtain dried poppies in the future?
not bloody likely..

'
You guard your hopes
you pocket your dreams
You'd trade it all to
avoid an unpleasant scene
orison319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:18 AM   #3
Codone

Like this post? Yes | No    

Even if all the major U.S. farms get shut down? I know you can grow your own, but I'm referring to obtaining them from online vendors. Harsh DEA crackdowns could strongly discourage both farmers and vendors from dealing with poppies I would imagine.

(Forgive me if I'm missing something!)
Old 07-02-2010, 02:20 AM   #4
ILL BILL NECRO

ILL BILL NECRO is an unknown quantity at this point
Like this post? Yes | No    

I am also very concerned my crafting needs may be hinderd by these outages... Im in serious crafting WD.

ILL BILL NECRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:24 AM   #5
Codone

Like this post? Yes | No    

Sorry to hear it. With as many pod users as there are, I'm shocked there hasn't been more of an outcry. I know I'M freaking out
Old 07-02-2010, 02:49 AM   #6
orison319
my dog is full of stars

orison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond repute
Like this post? Yes | No    

im reminded by this old quote. Princess Leia: The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers...

'
You guard your hopes
you pocket your dreams
You'd trade it all to
avoid an unpleasant scene
orison319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:33 AM   #7
Codone

Like this post? Yes | No    

lol nice Orison. I certainly hope it applies!
Old 07-02-2010, 04:43 PM   #8
PonyGrl420

PonyGrl420 will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

Wow i just checked the place I have used in the past and their prices went up a bit, $17 more then what it was. Their site says they have pods in stock (I dont know how up to date it is) Im pretty sure he grows his own...
PonyGrl420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:58 PM   #9
ILL BILL NECRO

ILL BILL NECRO is an unknown quantity at this point
Like this post? Yes | No    

On a side note herion prices remain the same... The DEA is doing a great job turning pod users into full blown herion junkies... Great job boys!

ILL BILL NECRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 05:43 AM   #10
Codone

Like this post? Yes | No    

Guess they just couldn't stand people getting their fix from a natural, cheap, abundant source that Big Pharma (aka their sponsors) didn't patent and synthesize themselves. Fucking devils.