Quaaludes, closest drug currently around to Quaaludes - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Click to buy Herbies Cannabis Seeds!   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room [4]

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Join the Facebook of Sex
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: Discuss other drugs psychedelic or not.

Old 02-20-2010, 07:05 AM   #1
roxyblue95

roxyblue95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quaaludes, closest drug currently around to Quaaludes
Like this post? Yes | No    

I know a few older people that used ludes in the 70s and 80s and they all say it was the best, but what does it feel like?
Also I know its not around anymore but drug or what kind drug is out there that feels the most similar to Quaaludes, cause I really am very curious..?
roxyblue95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:20 AM   #2
rcable

rcable is on a distinguished road
Microgram Bulletin Data = VALIUM
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxyblue95 View Post
I know a few older people that used ludes in the 70s and 80s and they all say it was the best, but what does it feel like?
Also I know its not around anymore but drug or what kind drug is out there that feels the most similar to Quaaludes, cause I really am very curious..?
- INTELLIGENCE BRIEF -
- QUAALUDE LEMMON 714 MIMIC TABLETS (CONTAINING DIAZEPAM) -
- SURPRISING PERSISTENCE -

The recent reports of Quaalude mimic tablets (containing diazepam) in Lexington Park, Maryland (Microgram Bulletin 2006;39(8):99; see Photo 6) and on the U.S./Canadian border near Oroville, Washington (Microgram Bulletin 2006;39(9):115; no photo) mark the latest two submissions in a now 25 year history of such tablets. Manufacture of authentic (pharmaceutical) Quaalude Lemmon 714 tablets (containing methaqualone) was discontinued by Lemmon Pharmaceuticals on November 15th, 1983; however, Quaalude counterfeit, mimic, and fake tablets had been in common circulation since the mid-1970s. [“Counterfeits” contained methaqualone, “mimics” contained one or more of a variety of controlled substances (not including methaqualone), and “fakes” contained no controlled substances.] The licit and illicit Quaaludes submitted to forensic laboratories between about 1975 and 1980 were primarily Rorer 714s, but the William H. Rorer Company sold the Quaalude rights to Lemmon Pharmaceuticals in 1979, and by mid-1980 most Quaaludes (both licit and illicit) were Lemmon 714s. Amazingly, illicit Lemmon 714s were being seized on the streets before the licit product was available at pharmacies. This reflected the enormous extent of Quaalude abuse, which rivaled marijuana abuse in 1980 and 1981, and in fact the Lemmon 714 tablet is by far the most illicitly replicated pharmaceutical product in the history of the Drug Enforcement Administration, with at one time over 250 different exemplars in the Reference Collection at the DEA Special Testing and Research Laboratory.

Extensive efforts by the DEA Office of Diversion Control in the late 1970s and early 1980s led to increasingly restrictive international controls on methaqualone and its precursors, and methaqualone was transferred to Schedule I of the U.S. Controlled Substances Act in 1984. As stocks of methaqualone dried up worldwide, clandestine manufacturers quickly settled on diazepam as the controlled substance of choice for Lemmon 714 mimics, and virtually all such tablets submitted to forensic laboratories since 1990 were determined to contain only diazepam. Initial variability in tablet compositions was a serious concern - some of the early mimics contained as much as 300 milligrams of diazepam, and overdoses and deaths from combining these Quaaludes mimics and alcohol were a major problem in some areas (quite notably in Atlanta, Georgia).

Currently, it is believed that Lemmon 714 mimics are still being sporadically produced, probably outside the United States. However, it is also thought that many of the Lemmon 714 mimics being seized by law enforcement authorities may actually be from 20 - 25 year old stashes (that is, recovered by previously incarcerated Quaalude traffickers upon their releases from prison). Oddly, despite ample published information to the contrary, most of the “testimonials” concerning Quaaludes (that is, Lemmon 714 tablets) on the various drug-abuse websites make it clear that the users still believe that they are ingesting genuine Quaaludes (which is quite unlikely). The last report in Microgram of authentic or counterfeit Quaaludes was in 1981, and the last submissions of such tablets to the DEA Special Testing and Research Laboratory were in 1985. Diazepam is currently classified as Schedule IV.

The following list are all the citations in Microgram or Microgram Bulletin of Quaalude Lemmon 714 mimic tablets containing diazepam or (less commonly) a mixture of diazepam and another controlled substance.* Not included are approximately another dozen citations of “Quaaludes containing diazepam” that did not contain logo information or photos.

1980;13(2):16 - Philadelphia Police Department Crime Laboratory
1980;13(4):50 - New Jersey State Police North Regional Laboratory (Little Falls)
1980;13(6):102 - DEA Southeast Laboratory (Miami)
1980;13(7):113 - DEA South Central Laboratory (Dallas)
1980;13(6):124 - DEA Southeast Laboratory (Miami)
1980;13(6):161 - Southeast Missouri Regional Crime Laboratory (Cape Girardeau)
1981;14(2):10 - Philadelphia Police Department Crime Laboratory
1981;14(4):37 - Regional Forensic Laboratory (Painesville, Ohio)
1981;14(5):54 - Philadelphia Police Department Crime Laboratory
1982;15(10):165 - Metro-Dade Police Department Crime Laboratory (Miami)
1984;17(12):176 - DEA Northeast Laboratory (New York)
1991;24(10):244 - Southeast Missouri Regional Crime Laboratory (Cape Girardeau)
1991;24(12):283 - Aurora Police Department Crime Laboratory (Colorado)
1992;25(3):42 - San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Forensic Science Laboratory (California)
1993;26(10):221 - Northern Illinois Police Crime Laboratory (Highland Park)
1995;28(8):235 - Mansfield Police Department Laboratory (Ohio)
1996;29(8):199 - University of Massachusetts Drugs of Abuse Laboratory
1997;30(2):26 - Regional Crime Laboratory at the Indian River Community College (Florida)
1997;30(6):115 - Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Crime Laboratory (Nashville)
2006;39(8):99 - Maryland State Police Forensic Sciences Division (Pikesville)
2006;39(9):115 - DEA Western Laboratory (San Francisco)

* Notes: All issues of Microgram and Microgram Bulletin published prior to January 2003 are Law Enforcement Restricted.

hxxp://www.justice.gov/dea/programs/forensicsci/microgram/mg0107/mg0107.html

Microgram readers are familiar that diazepam is a adulterant/mimic agent used in many types of counterfeit pills being pressed. Alps, vikes, OCs... you name it and someone will put into the recipe sooner or later.
rcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:42 PM   #3
mandeyguy

mandeyguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Like this post? Yes | No    

Dude, you are kinda young to know a whole lot about Ludes, especially the714s. I guess
I know too much, I'm an old head.
mandeyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:04 PM   #4
Magical mystery tourguide

Magical mystery tourguide will become famous soon enoughMagical mystery tourguide will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

ethaqualone is an RC that's available online right now (methaqualone are quaaludes) - some people say its inactive, yet some people are saying its good.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:14 PM   #5
mandeyguy

mandeyguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Tried it
Like this post? Yes | No    

I have a buddy who can have things synthesized in a proffesional
lab. He had a couple batches of 99% pure methaqualone made up and
it was almost not any good--very weak, bad hangover. Then we had etaqualone
made up and it stunk. I read that the real 714s had some other chems in them along with the methaqualone. Did you ever hear that?
mandeyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:53 AM   #6
Magical mystery tourguide

Magical mystery tourguide will become famous soon enoughMagical mystery tourguide will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandeyguy View Post
I have a buddy who can have things synthesized in a proffesional
lab. He had a couple batches of 99% pure methaqualone made up and
it was almost not any good--very weak, bad hangover. Then we had etaqualone
made up and it stunk. I read that the real 714s had some other chems in them along with the methaqualone. Did you ever hear that?
LUCKY - about your chemist friend, but I've never read that about the real quaaludes; I haven't read much about them though.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:10 AM   #7
TVC15

TVC15 is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

I guess I qualify as an "older person" and have had both real and fake. The real ones remind of taking a lot of Soma. You get sort of numb very quickly then inhibitions go away. Of course you would go to sleep immediatly if you weren't actively doing something. Quaaludes were lots of fun, but didn't last long...30 minutes tops.

We def looked for the stamp on them. They looked like big white Rolaids. The fake ones were terrible and either didn't do much or even made you sick. If you didn't come on to a lude within 10 minutes or so you knew it was fake.

That article says they were highly abused in 1980 but I recall mid 70's they were everywhere then suddenly gone. By the time 1980 came no one did them anymore, at least people I knew.
TVC15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:34 AM   #8
shermin
Bazooka Tooth

shermin is a jewel in the roughshermin is a jewel in the roughshermin is a jewel in the rough
Like this post? Yes | No    

ethylquaalone [sp?] is supposed to be virtually identical, and that's out there.

aside from that, and other barbituates, you've got benzos which are muuuuch safer.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:50 PM   #9
ScottDK420
Banned

ScottDK420 is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Did some Mandrax before which was 250mg of methqualone plus a couple mg's of some other drug..mexican ludes they called them (Mandrax),and they are still produced in South Africa and maybe one othe rcountry,dunno,but in South Africa for sure,and are widely abuse there with crystal meth also...weird huh...Mandrax was cool but I don't remember much becuase I passed out after a while,dunno any current pahrms that compare to ludes...
ScottDK420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:50 PM   #10
orison319
my dog is full of stars

orison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond repute
Like this post? Yes | No    

dun dun dun dun...

I cant hear you, im on LUDES>>.

'
You guard your hopes
you pocket your dreams
You'd trade it all to
avoid an unpleasant scene
orison319 is offline   Reply With Quote