There's a fucking mushroom growing out of my carpet! - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Click to Hookup!   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room [4]

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Buy Music Posters at AllPosters
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: Whats going on in your mind?

Old 07-24-2009, 05:27 AM   #1
Kinky Ramona
Back by popular demand!

Kinky Ramona has a reputation beyond reputeKinky Ramona has a reputation beyond reputeKinky Ramona has a reputation beyond reputeKinky Ramona has a reputation beyond reputeKinky Ramona has a reputation beyond reputeKinky Ramona has a reputation beyond reputeKinky Ramona has a reputation beyond reputeKinky Ramona has a reputation beyond reputeKinky Ramona has a reputation beyond reputeKinky Ramona has a reputation beyond reputeKinky Ramona has a reputation beyond repute
There's a fucking mushroom growing out of my carpet!
Like this post? Yes | No    

WTF? We just noticed it...how the fuck do you miss something like that? We're trying to get a picture...I'll try to show you guys in a minute. Mushrooms grow in carpet????
Old 07-24-2009, 05:28 AM   #2
Katie89

Katie89 will become famous soon enoughKatie89 will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

if it is moist
Old 07-24-2009, 05:29 AM   #3
Kinky Ramona
Back by popular demand!

Kinky Ramona has a reputation beyond reputeKinky Ramona has a reputation beyond reputeKinky Ramona has a reputation beyond reputeKinky Ramona has a reputation beyond reputeKinky Ramona has a reputation beyond reputeKinky Ramona has a reputation beyond reputeKinky Ramona has a reputation beyond reputeKinky Ramona has a reputation beyond reputeKinky Ramona has a reputation beyond reputeKinky Ramona has a reputation beyond reputeKinky Ramona has a reputation beyond repute
Like this post? Yes | No    

It has rained and our door does tend to leak a little...but holy shit, I have no idea where this came from, it's HUGE for us to have just noticed.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:29 AM   #4
Cherea

Cherea has much to be proud ofCherea has much to be proud ofCherea has much to be proud ofCherea has much to be proud ofCherea has much to be proud ofCherea has much to be proud ofCherea has much to be proud ofCherea has much to be proud ofCherea has much to be proud of
Like this post? Yes | No    

Somebody is taking a piss on your carpet on the regulah.
Cherea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:31 AM   #5
Kinky Ramona
Back by popular demand!

Like this post? Yes | No    

I figure I'd smell that...
Old 07-24-2009, 05:32 AM   #6
Face Eater
Banned

Face Eater is a glorious beacon of lightFace Eater is a glorious beacon of lightFace Eater is a glorious beacon of lightFace Eater is a glorious beacon of lightFace Eater is a glorious beacon of light
Like this post? Yes | No    

I've had them grow out of my kitchen tiles before. It is the sign of a fertile home.
Face Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:32 AM   #7
Kinky Ramona
Back by popular demand!

Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Eater View Post
I've had them grow out of my kitchen tiles before. It is the sign of a fertile home.
I'd better get on some good birth control pills stat.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:33 AM   #8
nesta
Banned

nesta will become famous soon enoughnesta will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky Ramona View Post
It has rained and our door does tend to leak a little...but holy shit, I have no idea where this came from, it's HUGE for us to have just noticed.
mushrooms grow very quickly, and some can grow to nearly full maturity literally overnight. the mushroom itself (the fruiting body) is merely the reproductive portion of the fungal mass, not the body of the organism itself. the mushroom is to the fungus as an apple is to an apple tree, or a blackberry to a bush.

my parents had a couple carpet squares under a leaky sink in the basement once and it had some white waxy mushrooms pop out of it after a long while.

also they had door mats that needed replacing...woven straw mats that had been out in the autumn rain for a long time...eventually that grew a couple mushrooms

my dad's old work had a mushroom grow up from under the tiles in the more or less disused kitchen once.

they'll pop up in weird places sometimes
nesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:33 AM   #9
simplistic

simplistic is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

They can grow very fast.
simplistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:37 AM   #10
nesta
Banned

nesta will become famous soon enoughnesta will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBgfh...eature=related
time lapse video of Psilocybe cubensis growing over less than 3 days time - they get huge quickly! different species require different times to grow, i could easily you had only gone a day - or less - without noticing
nesta is offline   Reply With Quote