To the people who ONLY snort Oxycodone... - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Click to Shop at Rama   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room [9]

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Buy Music Posters at AllPosters
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: Discuss opiates from raw opium to heroin...

Old 04-11-2009, 06:14 PM   #1
Feelings 0f U4ia is Back!
Banned

Feelings 0f U4ia is Back! has a little shameless behaviour in the past
To the people who ONLY snort Oxycodone...
Like this post? Yes | No    

Do yourself a favor...and try eating it once. Just give it a try one time.

Reasons:

It lasts much longer then snorting it.

It only takes around 15-20 minutes before you begin feeling it, so it's not like you have to wait an eternity.

The initial feeling as it hits you is close to the rush you get from snorting it. It's not quite as intense, but it's pretty damn close.

And the best reason is: The bioavailability is quite a bit higher when taken orally compared to intranasal. For those who don't know what bioavailability is or means....it's basically how much of the substance gets into your body and is actively working.

When you IV something, it's BA is 100%. When you take something orally or intranasal, it's BA can vary quite a bit because you have to take into consideration about incomplete absorption and first-pass metabolism.

Oxycodone Oral BA usually ranges...but the best data has concluded that it's between 60% - 87%. Intransal ranges vary quite a bit, but most data has the BA as being substantially lower. I've seen data that has intranasal BA as low as 33%. I'd say the average BA range for Intranasal is like 40% - 55%.

With that being said...you can plainly see that you can get much more of the drug in your body by taking it orally.

Some people swear up and down that snorting 30mg compared to eating 30mg is MUCH stronger. The initial rush might be, but the overall high, and length of the high makes oral consumption much more efficient.

Another thing to take into consideration is placebo. Most people just assume that drugs hit you much harder and it's much more efficient to snort things. It's clearly not the case with Oxycodone, but people might still feel that way because their brain THINKS that snorting it is much better, before going into it.

Anyways, I just wanted to tell people who weren't aware of any of this, to please give Oral Oxycodone a shot, and post back on this thread.

I would never go back to snorting Oxycodone. Now I might snort one or two Roxi's after I have taken my normal dose orally, just to get a quick pep, but the majority of my pills are taken orally.
Feelings 0f U4ia is Back! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:10 PM   #2
KingGeorgeIII

KingGeorgeIII is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

what if you swallow the drip? would you still lose as much?
what aboout snorting half the dose and eating the other half?
KingGeorgeIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:18 PM   #3
Bluez_Snooze

Bluez_Snooze is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

yeah the other night i took 150mg oral and blew 120mg.
the previous time i got high, i blew 210mg.
my high the other night wasn't as intense as the previous time.
but it sure lasted a hell of alot longer.
next time, i think im just gonna try eating my whole dose and see how that goes.
maybe take like 250mg oral. somethin around there.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:05 PM   #4
Banned

Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGeorgeIII View Post
what if you swallow the drip? would you still lose as much?
what aboout snorting half the dose and eating the other half?
What else would you do with the drip besides swallow it? Do you just blow that out of your nose or something? The drip doesn't have very much Oxycodone in it anyways, so it wouldn't make too much of a difference, as most of it gets absorbed.

Yeah, eating half and then snorting half will still be much better then snorting all of it.

If you have Oxycontin and not immediate release Oxycodone (aka Roxi's) then you just want to make sure you crush the Oxycontin as fine as possible (because the time-release is inside of the pill-makeup, the coating has NOTHING to do with the time-release, contrary to popular belief) and just dump the powder in your mouth, or mix it with some juice and drink it. Or you can take some empty gelcaps from vitamins or something, and capsule up the Oxycontin powder as well. Oh, and you can parachute it (put the crushed up powder into a small square of toilet paper, twist it up, and swallow.

Everyone who hasn't tried this, please do, and report back to this thread.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:04 PM   #5
Dillygirl

Dillygirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Like this post? Yes | No    

Snorting is gross. End of.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:28 AM   #6
Banned

Like this post? Yes | No    

Yeah, I agree. I can't STAND the drip of any drug. It's so bad that if I don't have a drink on-hand before I snort them, I will throw up instantly as soon as the drip engulfs my throat.

Most people I know LOVE the drip of Oxy...bleh!
Old 04-12-2009, 12:35 AM   #7
Oxyrisin2

Oxyrisin2 is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Hey Fellings,
I'm not trying to bust your balls, But I got into this on another thread..
Why do people have such a problem with people like me that enjoy snorting there meds. Why do you care and why should you care what I like doing with my pills. If I want to crush them up and snort them, or crush them and blow the powder off the bridge..
They're my fucking pills and the last time I checked I can do whatever I want with my shit..
It cracks me up how much grief people put on people that enjoy snorting there own meds..
I don't go jumping on people for shooting or shoving them up there ass. You want to know why? Cause I don't give a fuck how you take them, there yours and you can do whatever you want with them..
PEASE..
Old 04-12-2009, 12:50 AM   #8
Bluez_Snooze

Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxyrisin2 View Post
Hey Fellings,
I'm not trying to bust your balls, But I got into this on another thread..
Why do people have such a problem with people like me that enjoy snorting there meds. Why do you care and why should you care what I like doing with my pills. If I want to crush them up and snort them, or crush them and blow the powder off the bridge..
They're my fucking pills and the last time I checked I can do whatever I want with my shit..
It cracks me up how much grief people put on people that enjoy snorting there own meds..
I don't go jumping on people for shooting or shoving them up there ass. You want to know why? Cause I don't give a fuck how you take them, there yours and you can do whatever you want with them..
PEASE..
haha i hear ya man.
i love snorting my meds.
and it fuckin pisses me off when my buddies get on my ass about it.
why the fuck should they care how i take em?
they shouldn't..

nothin against you U4ia
i know you're only suggesting that we try something different for once to maybe even benefit us.
but oxyrisin is right.
i don't understand why other people should give a fuck.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:08 AM   #9
Bluez_Snooze

Like this post? Yes | No    

oh, and oxyrisin.
U4ia was only making his statement towards people who use oxycodone.
reason being because oxycodone has a higher BA orally.
so everything that he said wouldn't apply to you because from what i remember, your on morphine and hydrocodone right?

but yet, i still agree with your point.
i don't see anything wrong with snorting our meds.
if i want to, then i will.
im not hurting anybody by doing so.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:35 AM   #10
Oxyrisin2

Oxyrisin2 is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Ya I know, I'm not jumping him. It just cracks me up how people say I'm wasting it. I know that and I don't care. I don't give a shit about the absorbation or % of each drug. To me it dosen't matter.
I do a drug and do it the way I want.
Same thing goes for Meth. People always say dude your wasting it when you smoke it. it last longer when you snort it..Well I love the high when I smoke it. Plus I like the fact it only last 8 hours when smoked. Hell thats part of the reason I use to smoke it. so I can go to bed
Same with pills. I snort, get a good rush, then it wears off quicker and I can go to sleep.