My seeds won't sprout! - Hip Forums
Hip Forums
Your Cannabis Connection
Search For Cannabis Strains
Strain Name:
Breeder:

Visit the MJ Guide for all your Cannabis needs!

Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room [4]

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Buy Music Posters at AllPosters
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: This forum is for those wishing to learn more about marijuana growing techniques

Old 12-12-2008, 09:47 PM   #1
Gripp

Gripp is on a distinguished road
My seeds won't sprout!
Like this post? Yes | No    

Hello.

A little less than a week ago, I began the incubation process on my seeds. After two days I took them out of the wet napkins to look at the sprouts. No sprouts...

So decided to do it the old fashioned way and just plant them. Still nothing, does anyone have any tips?

Thx!

-Charlie
Gripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 09:54 PM   #2
Gratefully Dead

Gratefully Dead is an unknown quantity at this point
Like this post? Yes | No    

I think sometimes it might take more than two days for them to germinate.

Im pretty sure you just put the seeds in between wet paper towels in a dark place for a few days. Try more than two.

This should yeild much more probability than just planting them, although i suppose it is possible for just planting them to work since thats how it works in nature id imagine.
Gratefully Dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:18 PM   #3
Gripp

Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gratefully Dead View Post
I think sometimes it might take more than two days for them to germinate.

Im pretty sure you just put the seeds in between wet paper towels in a dark place for a few days. Try more than two.

This should yeild much more probability than just planting them, although i suppose it is possible for just planting them to work since thats how it works in nature id imagine.
Well in my book "Steal This Book", Abbie says that you should have half inch sprouts in about 3 days!! I wasn't expecting this, but I at least was expecting the seed to be busted open and the sprout starting to come through. But the seeds looked exactly as they did before I started germinating them..

I think it may be the temperature possibly. Seeds know what time of the season it is if you don't manipulate the temperature. Outside there is snow and it is pretty chilly all day in my room. At night it always stays above freezing, but it can get pretty cold. I think the seeds know, and don't want to sprout until spring.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:24 PM   #4
orison319
my dog is full of stars

orison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond repute
Like this post? Yes | No    

just planting them indoors, under 2inches of soil??
Can take up to a week to sprout..

'
Then they bring them to the factory
Where the heart-attack machine
Is strapped across their shoulders
And then the kerosene
orison319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:51 PM   #5
Gripp

Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by orison319 View Post
just planting them indoors, under 2inches of soil??
Can take up to a week to sprout..
i didnt plant them under 2 inches. i just poked some holes about half an inch deep maybe, then lay the seeds in them, and then just put the slightest bit of dirt over them (you can still barely see the seeds if u look hard without any digging)
Old 12-12-2008, 11:57 PM   #6
orison319
my dog is full of stars

orison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond reputeorison319 has a reputation beyond repute
Like this post? Yes | No    

the only way (I) know how to sprout a seed in dirt in less than a week is to expose the soil to UV<black light for 24hrs til sprouts.. 3days tops...
1.5''-2'' makes no real significant difference...
low soil temperature will hinder sprouts aswell..

'
And then the kerosene
Old 12-13-2008, 12:23 AM   #7
Rocklobster

Rocklobster will become famous soon enoughRocklobster will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

Where did ya get ya seeds from? From seed to sprouting plants i can normally do it in 4-5 days by germinating between damp kitchen paper till seeds split open and then plant. The main factor is temperature, 75 degree's and a light misting twice a day.
Rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:45 AM   #8
Gripp

Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
Where did ya get ya seeds from? From seed to sprouting plants i can normally do it in 4-5 days by germinating between damp kitchen paper till seeds split open and then plant. The main factor is temperature, 75 degree's and a light misting twice a day.
I just collected them from different times I have bought bud.

Should I take them out of dirt and try to regerminate and just wait longer?
Old 12-13-2008, 08:39 AM   #9
Rocklobster

Rocklobster will become famous soon enoughRocklobster will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

Not really idea any seeds ya get from bud ya've got alot of factors working against ya, there've ether been pollenated by hemi's or late flowering males or seeds are.nt ripe or been rested.
Think to late now so would keep in the dirt and increase the temperature to mid 70 if ya can and covering the top of the pots ya've planted in with paper or bubble wrap to help keep in the humidity and temperature and then ya just gotta wait and see.
Rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 08:59 AM   #10
orison319
my dog is full of stars

Like this post? Yes | No    

hehe. Should of seen this crooked sprout I had a few weeks ago.. I really thought it wasnt going to make it.. Seed shell tore one the germ leafs completely off, it grew funny one single true leaf. I was going to yank it < but I said pull through little one, and it did..

"this leaf" was the single leaf, all momma plants eventually..

'
And then the kerosene