loved giving my partner oral, and I'm betting that women wonder what that's like, how it tastes, and why a man would want to do it.
First of all, there's nothing
more exciting that being RIGHT THERE
when a woman orgasms. To be honest, that's why I do it, but also there's the trust factor. If she allows you to put all that softness within reach of your teeth, she must trust you, right? I mean, what's more vulnerable than being spread eagle with a man sucking on your little love button? (Or, for that matter, having her mouth around your knob?) Besides, once I'm IN, it's often nearly impossible to establish the right rhythem, angle, etc for her needs because, frankly, I'm distracted by my own enjoyment. Giving her oral is a surefire way to be sure she gets her cookies, and I love to help her get her cookies. It's a very loving, considerate thing to do. That's the primary reason I enjoy it.
I should add that I have rarely given head in casual encounters unless I was really turned on by a woman. I refer to the above-noted comment about trust and intimacy.
For those who are beginners -- and I can't help but think that there are plenty of those who will be reading this -- most pussies taste slightly tangy at first, and you can feel the clit enlarge and the labia open up as things progress. That initial taste diminishes after a few minutes. Women are not all the same, and the relationship between various sensitive parts varies. Sometimes the clit is out in the open, and sometimes it's hidden under a fold of skin. Some women prefer that you play in the general area of the clitoris, staying away from the button itself. I've known women whose clit is right above the vagina, and others who have a couple of inches of separation. It's important to pay attention to both, and the spaces between and around. A finger, deftly inserted and placed near her g-spot, can do wonders.
Yes, women can
smell bad, but usually they don't. If that problem comes up, do yourself and her a favor and move onto something else. Sometimes that's because she just came back from the gym, or maybe she's a little under the weather. Like a bad roast, a bad smell usually means something's wrong.
The truth is, though, most pussies smell good! I have had a beard most of my life, and confess that I've occasionally left my lover's juices in there for an hour or two as a reminder of the fun I had.
A couple of comments, suggestions, and requests:
- WOMEN, DON'T put a bunch of douche or whatever just before I begin to munch on my dessert. It tastes chemical-y and it takes me five minutes to get past it. I can deal with it, but I'd rather not. If you're feeling like you need to neaten up, invite me into the shower with you. Maybe I'll just lick you to death right there.
- PLEASE keep things trimmed. There's nothing worse than having two-inch pubic hairs halfway down my throat to obstruct my tongue action and possibly make me gag. If we have to stop to remove a stray pubie, you might lose your special moment. My rule of thumb is if she isn't nicely groomed (being shaved isn't necessary) then she probably doesn't want me down there.
- MEN, TAKE YOUR TIME. I see porno and voyeur flicks where the man makes a token visit with his tongue, stays for 120 seconds, then quickly jumps up for regular penetration. Most women need to warm up to it, so kissing her thighs and stomach first will help with the seduction. Soft, slow "french kissing" is usually more effective than merely poking with your tongue. Demonstrating the patience to continue until she climaxes is a thoughtful and considerate thing to do, it seems to me. Take care of her, and she might reciprocate.
- RHYTHEM IS EVERYTHING. Once you figure out what she likes, keep it up. When it comes to eating pussy, faster isn't necessarily better. (See note about listening, below.)
- DON'T FORGET THE OTHER PARTS. Ever notice how many women instinctively touch their own breasts during sex? While you're licking, let your hands wander around. Women don't just get turned on in one place. Unlike men, lots of different body parts get excited during sex, especially when an orgasm is close. Be gentle, too.
- WOMEN, TALK TO ME. A little verbal guidance -- "right there" or "uhh-huh!" tells me I've discovered something you like. I lick what you like.
- MEN, LISTEN TO HER. Sometimes, women simply don't want women to sniff and taste down there, so pay attention and don't take it personally if she re-directs you. If she hesitates but still messes with the top of your head, go for it, but take your time.
- DON'T STAY TOO LONG. After she has climaxed, THE LAST THING she's want you to do is keep licking. Usually, she's as sensitive as hell at that point. If you've gotten that far, congratulations. You're her pal
(Pardon me while I interject a distracting, fun thought: One of the favorite games I've played in the past is something called "Doin' the Alphabet." It consists of tracing all the letters, A through Z, on and around her biscuit. It's fun to mix Arial, with Times Roman and Gonzo Script, by the way. Sometimes I spell words and ask her to guess.)
It has always seemed to me, ever since my teens, that the first step to giving good head is french kissing. Let's face it, the two are very similar. If you enjoy really, really deep kissing, you'll probably like giving head. And inversely, if you are a good kisser, that's a clue to her that you'll be good at it.
I'm curious to hear what the other men (and bi women, I suppose) have to say about goin' downtown, the techniques they use, and what brings the most enjoyment. While I consider myself quite experienced at this, I'm always open to suggestions.