Clonidine - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Click for Zamnesia Headshop, Smartshop, Seedshop   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Buy Music Posters at AllPosters
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: Discuss prescription drugs and their effects

Old 10-14-2008, 12:42 AM   #1
IllCanabillyVanilly

IllCanabillyVanilly is on a distinguished road
Clonidine
Like this post? Yes | No    

i jsut prescribed clonidine for opiate addiction. i read on erowid that it does have some recreational value. however, my mom is holding onto the pills because she doesn't want me to abuse them. If i blow one, will that give me a buzz? I read that its supposed to be like a benzo buzz but if one wont do anything, i might just save the one she gives me tonight and wait till i get at least 2 or 3.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:49 AM   #2
IllCanabillyVanilly

Like this post? Yes | No    

oh the pills are 0.1 mgs. also, keep in mind i consider being sleepy a buzz too so will one pill give me like a sedated feeling?
Old 10-14-2008, 12:59 AM   #3
Guitar

Guitar is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Since your addicted to opiates, you shouldn't worry about getting a buzz from that, you should use to pass withdrawals easier, and to get off opiates.

- Candy
Guitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:49 AM   #4
IllCanabillyVanilly

Like this post? Yes | No    

Well see the thing is, I said I was addicted to opiates in hopes of getting suboxone because when i would suboxone from my friend it would not only help with withdrawls , but actually give me a buzz as well. But the doctor ended up giving me clonidine instead.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:41 AM   #5
salmon4me

salmon4me is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar View Post
use to pass withdrawals easier, and to get off opiates.
Agreed
salmon4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:18 AM   #6
Feelings Of U4ia

Feelings Of U4ia is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

It has been used to help with neuropathic pain, but it is not even closely similar to an opiate, and it's not recreational. It's main purpose is to treat high blood pressure...you won't be getting high with this. If you feel any sort of buzz, it's simply placebo, because there is nothing in this substance that could produce a "buzz."

If you are addicted to opiates and trying to get off of them, why do you keep trying to use non-recreational things like Clonidine and Immodium to get high? You obviously don't want to get off of anything, so why don't you just go and get real opiates instead of trying to substitute them for other things that have NO recreational value whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllCanabillyVanilly View Post
Well see the thing is, I said I was addicted to opiates in hopes of getting suboxone because when i would suboxone from my friend it would not only help with withdrawls , but actually give me a buzz as well. But the doctor ended up giving me clonidine instead.
You honestly need to take a break from drugs. 30 dramamine pills + DXM, now faking opiate addiction to get suboxone, a drug used to get true addicted people off of opiates.

You are out of control. Everyone can go ahead and flame me all they want, but this kid is ridiculous.

Go snort some more Immodium, and lay off the real drugs for a while, for your own sake.

This is not an attack by the way, I just see you heading down a very dark path, and you need to slow down and take a break. Every single thing you get your hands on you try to snort to get a high...including constipation medication.
Feelings Of U4ia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:19 AM   #7
Guitar

Guitar is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Wow you faked having an opiate addiction, and probably scared your parents to death? I agree with u4ia on this, you have a problem or something.

- Candy
Guitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:52 PM   #8
IllCanabillyVanilly

Like this post? Yes | No    

I didnt fake having an opiate addiction. I do have an opiate addiction. I wake up every night sweating and I go through withdrawls if I dont have any opiates. I was hoping to get suboxone because the shit actually helped when I would take it.

I do have a problem but not in the mental sense. I admitted to my doctor I had an opiate problem because I knew it was getting out of hand, and I want to keep my job. I was hoping to get suboxone so I could have a normal life and keep my job. But then he gave me clonidine and is sending me to counseling, which will probably jeapordize my chances at my job even further.

And before anyone says "Well, you shouldnt have done drugs if you wanted to keep your job." Thats not it. I admitted I have a problem because I wanted to keep my job. I know clonidine is not an opiate. I was at least hoping if it would help with withdrawls, that it would make me feel good as well.

Dont tell me im not addicted just because I have done otc drugs recreationally. You do not know me, you do not know what i go through. Im not saying im the only person in my situation, but think before you judge people.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:55 PM   #9
IllCanabillyVanilly

Like this post? Yes | No    

And so what if I had faked having an opiate addiction (which i didnt) to get suboxone? I read all the time about people drug seeking on here and trying to grt this and that from their doctor. But me wanting suboxone is SOOO bad? Hypocrites much?
Old 10-14-2008, 08:01 PM   #10
IllCanabillyVanilly

Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feelings Of U4ia View Post
Go snort some more Immodium, and lay off the real drugs for a while, for your own sake.
Let me just state for the record, that I do not go using Immodium recreationally every chance I get. I read about loperamide being used to help with withdrawls and it could give a buzz when taken a certain way. So I made some errors in research. The fact that its an AD medication doesnt mean anything either. All opiates cause constipation at some levels, at least for me they do.

Last edited by salmon4me; 10-16-2008 at 08:59 AM. Reason: fixed quote
IllCanabillyVanilly is offline   Reply With Quote