Tussionex - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Click for organic and wildcrafted herbs, teas and essential oils.   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Buy Music Posters at AllPosters
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: Discuss prescription drugs and their effects

Old 09-25-2008, 06:21 PM   #1
Vontae8390

Vontae8390 is on a distinguished road
Tussionex
Like this post? Yes | No    

Hey, anyone have any experience with this? I know a guy that is selling it. The yellow syrup kind tussionex.

I think i heard a guy on here named topnotchstoner that said it was better than codeine/promethezine.

Well anyway this guy i knows doesn't have any prometh but he has the tussionex. He says $70/$75 for an ounce. Is that a good deal?

How is the high? I have taken vicodins before. Should i drink it straight or mix it with a soda. What about mixing it with alcohol? Should i sip it or buck it like im drinking a 2-11 steel reserve.

Any help appreciated.
Vontae8390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:19 PM   #2
patHAOomg

patHAOomg is on a distinguished road
2 out of 2 members like this post. Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vontae8390 View Post
Well anyway this guy i knows doesn't have any prometh but he has the tussionex. He says $70/$75 for an ounce. Is that a good deal?
if you pay $70 for 1 oz. of tussionex hydrocodone syrup, then you are a moron, plain and simple.

let me explain...

for every 5ml of tussionex, there is 10mg of hydrocodone.

1 oz. = roughly 30 ml. which = 60mg of hydrocodone

if you do the math like i have just done, then you will find that you are paying roughly $11.65 for every 5ml and in turn, you are paying $11.65 for every 10mg of hydrocodone.

this is beyond absurd and i would never in a million years recommend you to buy from this greedy asshole.

$70 for 60mg of hydro is fucking ridiculous...

i mean, the street price for Lortab 10/500's ( 10mg hydrocodone/500mg APAP) is anywhere from $3-$5. You could get 6 lortab 10/500's, equaling the exact same dosage of hydrocodone (60mg) that you were gonna get from this dickhead, for only $30, probably even cheaper.

Quote:
Hey, anyone have any experience with this? I know a guy that is selling it. The yellow syrup kind tussionex.
the yellow kind of tussionex also contains a chemical called chlorpheniramine maleate, which is an antihistamine that can cause serious damage to your body when taken in high doses.

Quote:
I think i heard a guy on here named topnotchstoner that said it was better than codeine/promethezine.
hydrocodone is definitely better than codeine.... codeine just generally sucks ass in my opinion. but hydrocodone is definitely a stronger opiate.

Quote:
How is the high? I have taken vicodins before.
i personally love hydrocodone. i just like oxycodone better. vicodin is hydrocodone, so you have experienced a hydro buzz before, from what you just said.

Quote:
Should i drink it straight or mix it with a soda. What about mixing it with alcohol? Should i sip it or buck it like im drinking a 2-11 steel reserve.
YOU SHOULD NOT PURCHASE IT FOR THIS PRICE...... EVER!!! but if you do for some ungodly reason that i can't even begin to fathom, do not mix this with alcohol. just sip it.... but remember what chemicals i just told you this shit contains. it can cause serious bodily harm if you're not careful....

I hope this helped you, man.

take care

"Some say a comet will fall from the sky. Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves. Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still. Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits. Some say the end is near. Some say we'll see armageddon soon. One great big festering neon distraction, I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied... Learn to swim."
patHAOomg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:24 AM   #3
Vontae8390

Vontae8390 is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

ok. thanks. I didn't buy it from the dude, i told him i would hit em back, which i probally wont. But at least i ran it through hipforums first lol.

I really want some of this tussionex though. Whats a good price to pay for a whole bottle of that stuff. I might be able to find it if i ask around.
Vontae8390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 01:28 AM   #4
Feelings Of U4ia

Feelings Of U4ia is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Do the math before you buy it. 10mg of Hydrocodone should never go for more then 5 dollars. So find out how big the bottle is, find out how many mg are in how many ml, and go from there...you should be able to figure out how much it should be based on the math.

Also, patHAOomg, you covered absolutely everything I would have covered, great reply man.
Feelings Of U4ia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:26 AM   #5
kil0
The Rebel

kil0 will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

tussionex is amazing from what I hear. Wait till Topnotchstoner tells his stories about it. He told me was high for like 15 hours! yummm imagine...
Old 09-27-2008, 01:08 AM   #6
TopNotchStoner
Georgia Homegrown

TopNotchStoner has a reputation beyond reputeTopNotchStoner has a reputation beyond reputeTopNotchStoner has a reputation beyond reputeTopNotchStoner has a reputation beyond reputeTopNotchStoner has a reputation beyond reputeTopNotchStoner has a reputation beyond reputeTopNotchStoner has a reputation beyond reputeTopNotchStoner has a reputation beyond reputeTopNotchStoner has a reputation beyond reputeTopNotchStoner has a reputation beyond reputeTopNotchStoner has a reputation beyond repute
0 out of 1 members like this post. Like this post? Yes | No    

Yeah at least 15 hours, at a low dose, maybe about 60ml. At a high dose, about 100-120ml, you'll be high for 24 hours, easily. No, you won't need to mix it with anything because Tussionex tastes fuckin wonderful.

I Can Only Build If I Tear The Walls Down
Even If It Breaks Me, I Won't Let It Make Me Frown
I'm Falling, But No Matter How Hard I Hit The Ground.......I'll Still Smile
~Micheal "Eyedea" Larsen~

(RIP cosmoknot, rangerdanger, and Geneity)
TopNotchStoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 02:19 AM   #7
Feelings Of U4ia

Like this post? Yes | No    

It's just Hydrocodone with an antihistamine...how would that make you high for 24 hours? It's no different then taking Lortab/Vicodin... That is like saying taking Hydrocodone pills with Benadryl will produce the same effects....

Doesn't make sense.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:12 AM   #8
LittleRaisin

LittleRaisin is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

its a polistirex extended release molecule thats why you stay high for so long i just recently got a free bottle and polished it off
LittleRaisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 03:57 AM   #9
Feelings Of U4ia

Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Each teaspoonful (5 mL) of TUSSIONEX Pennkinetic Extended-Release Suspension contains hydrocodone polistirex equivalent to 10 mg of hydrocodone bitartrate and chlorpheniramine polistirex equivalent to 8 mg of chlorpheniramine maleate.
Do you guys understand how deadly it is to ingest large amounts of chlorpheniramine maleate? That is what kills people who take Triple C's to trip off DXM. This is a horrible way to take Hydrocodone recreationally...this is JUST like taking triple c's to get high off of the DXM.

Quote:
Use of Coricidin for this purpose became dangerous after chlorphenamine, an anticholinergic that causes serious reactions in high doses which is worsened by the fact that dextromethorphan and chlorpheniramine are both metabolized by CYP2D6 isozyme of Cytochrome P450 thus increasing blood levels of both by inhibiting metabolism and increasing blood serum concentrations, replaced the less harmful pseudoephedrine, which the Cough and Cold variety contained prior to 2002. Fatalities have resulted from overdoses of chlorphenamine.[1]
Quote:
The chloropheniramine maleate(CPM) has been know to cause deaths and comas when taken in large amounts. Many people have an allergic reaction to this antihistamine, and bad things happen in large amounts. This became popular because it was alot easier to do instead of downing some cough syrup.
Quote:
Do Not use Coricidin Cough and Cold recreationally!

There have been several cases of severe problems resulting from even moderate Coricidin use, including bleeding eyeballs (I'm not kidding), serious nausea, coma, and two confirmed deaths. DO NOT use Coricidin recreationally.

Here's what William White has to say about using Coricidin recreationally:

I've heard from about two dozen people who have had *serious* problems with Coricidin (and countless who have been turned off of it after regular use by nausea reactions when looking at the box in the drugstore; some people even projectile vomit upon seeing it).

Several people ended up bleeding out their eyeballs (I kid you not). About ten ended up in the hospital. One kid was in a coma for three days after *five* tablets. All of these people had taken ten or fewer.

Some people are *very* susceptible to antihistamines, and it can hit you suddenly, and randomly. It is seriously dangerous shit.
Each 5ml, has 10mg of Hydrocdone, and 8mg of chloropheniramine maleate.

60ml = 120mg of Hydrocodone, even though time-released, is still a very high dose for opiate naive people. That also equals 96mg of chloropheniramine maleate, which is an extremely high dose.

Quote:
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS (PER TABLET):
Chlorpheniramine Maleate 4 mg, Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 30 mg
Most people who are looking for a strong trip, usually do 600mg of DXM, at least. That would equal 80mg of Chlorpheniramine Maleate, which is extremely dangerous.

Quote:
Why is Chlorpheneramine so dangerous?

Let me start of by saying that chlorpheneramine is considered safe when used as directed. It has been approved by the FDA to be combined with dextromethorphan (DXM) in cold remedies. I don't want people to think they will die from taking such remedies. The following is dealing with chlorpheneramine at dosages above those approved by the FDA.

First of all chlorpheneramine is metabolized by the cyp2d6 enzyme which is the same as dextromethorphan (DXM). Thus competing with dextromethorphan (DXM) to be metabolized.

Secondly chlorpheneramine has a half life of about 24 hours. That means that half of the chlorpheneramine in your body has been metabolized. Please note that this is the half life of chlorpheneramine without competition at non recreational dosages.

Thirdly, high dosages (those above FDA approved) of chlorpheneramine can be fatal by itself.

Finally, recreational dosages of dextromethorphan generally saturate the cyp2d6 enzymes by itself. Which means that there's more dextromethorphan in the body then there is cyp2d6 to metabolize it, effectively increasing dextromethorphans half life

What all this means is that if a person takes any preperation that contains dextromethorphan and chlorpheneramine for recreational purposes they not only have to worry about metabolizing the dextromethorphan but you also have to worry about metabolizing chlorpheneramine. What ends up happening because the cyp2d6 enzyme is saturated, both drugs are in your body longer due to an increase in the half-life of both drugs. This increases the chance of both physiological and psychological adverse reactions. Not only this chlorpheneramine itself ends up staying in your system weeks longer than normal. This means that although X amount of chlorpheneramine didn't kill you the firs time, if you haven't completely metabolized the chlorpheneramine and you take another identical recreational dose, that left over chlorpheneramine could be enough to kill you. Unfortunately there is no formula to figure out how much chorpheneramine is too much for you.

-----------------

I understand that it seems that people have a problem more often when ingesting DXM and CPM, but look at the bolded part.

Anyways, I had NO idea, that Tussionex had Chlorpheniramine Maleate....that changes everything when taking it recreationally. I honestly would never advise anyone to take over 50mg of Chlorpheniramine Maleate....so 60ml, which in the last post was considered a "low dose," is extremely dangerous because of the CPM.

This isn't some kiddy liquid to fuck with. Please, please be careful. Anything about 60ml, although considered a "low dose" by some, is absolutely asking for trouble. 120ml is just completely out of control, and you better pray everyday that you are still alive. That is almost 200mg of CPM...countless people have died with less then that.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:38 PM   #10
kil0
The Rebel

kil0 will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feelings Of U4ia View Post
It's just Hydrocodone with an antihistamine...how would that make you high for 24 hours? It's no different then taking Lortab/Vicodin... That is like saying taking Hydrocodone pills with Benadryl will produce the same effects....

Doesn't make sense.
no not at all like taking vicodin with benadryl. if you took vicodin and benadryl, you would be high for a few hours. the difference is, that the hydrocodone in tussionex is EXTENDED RELEASE, which obviously it will take maybe an hour for you to feel anything, but after it does, you're gonna be feeling that shit for a long ass fuckin time. like 12+ hours!!