Mixing opiates (hydrocodone, oxycodone, codeine) & benzodiazepines (ativan, xanax)? - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Click to Hookup!   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Buy Music Posters at AllPosters
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: Discuss prescription drugs and their effects

Old 09-17-2008, 01:19 AM   #1
patHAOomg

patHAOomg is on a distinguished road
Mixing opiates (hydrocodone, oxycodone, codeine) & benzodiazepines (ativan, xanax)?
Like this post? Yes | No    

I need some intelligent and honest feedback from anyone who is quite knowledgeable in the field of pharmaceauticals, like myself. If you don't know what you're talking about, then please don't reply to this and waste my time and yours. I would prefer feedback from an intellectual who has alot of experience in combining opiates and benzo's.

I have been prescribed lorazepam (ATIVAN), which is a benzodiazepine much like alprazolam, but not quite as strong. I am now prescribed Lortab 10's (10mg of Hydrocodone/500mg of Acetaminophen). I have mixed them at low doses (10mg of hydro and 1-2mg of lorazepam) with no problems when I was in pain and everything was gravy. I wasn't fucked up and I didn't really even feel anything at all, but I didn't feel bad and I wasn't in any pain. Now, I want to actually feel it and get good and fucked up. I'm in no pain and I just want to see what these two substances can do together...

I have a decent tolerance to opiates, especially oxycodone and hydrocodone. Not an insane tolerance, but a decent one. I need to take at least 20-25mg of Hydro to feel a small buzz and at least 15-20mg of oxy to feel anything at all.

I was thinking about taking 20-30mg of hydro and 2mg of lorazepam together, for starters.

will that be safe?

Let me know what you think or what you would do.

Thanks for the help....
patHAOomg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:57 AM   #2
kil0
The Rebel

kil0 will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

yeah thats fine.

Basically, just take a lower dosage for both opiates and benzos. For example, if your oxy tolerance is 80mg, take about 40-60mg of oxy when combining with benzos. Also, dont take more than 2mg of xanax. Im not sure about ativan, I never tried it.

My tolerance to oxy is about 80mg to get high, and I've mixed 2mg of xanax with 80mg of oxy.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:00 AM   #3
kil0
The Rebel

Like this post? Yes | No    

you look like an intelligent person, so I'll spare you the lecture about how dangerous mixing opiates and benzos is. Just becareful man.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:06 AM   #4
Feelings Of U4ia

Feelings Of U4ia is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Yes, this will be safe. Considering you have a little tolerance to opiates, and you are perscribed to Ativan, so you are familiar with that, mixing them will be just fine. Just don't overdo it if you are worried. Maybe start out with a little less then what you plan on doing, and working yourself up each day, just to make sure you are comfortable with the combination of the two.

Be safe, and let us know how it goes.

Also, kil0, I would compare Ativan to like a low-dose xanax replacement. I agree with kil0, take HALF of your normal doses of both, because the high is MUCH different when combining them, and work yourself up from there. I think you are completely fine though, as you are experienced with both. Most people who get their selves into dangerous predicaments have no tolerance to either of the drugs they are combining, or maybe just a tolerance to one, and get knocked on their ass from combining both. Since you are fairly experienced with both, you will be fine.
Feelings Of U4ia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:10 AM   #5
patHAOomg

Like this post? Yes | No    

oh, i'm definitely careful, man. that's my whole purpose behind posting this thread is to get info from other people about how much they generally use when combining benzos and opiates. thanks for your help, seriously. i just want to find a good mixer dosage for my ativan because i know my tolerance for hydro will grow even higher the more i use it, especially now that i'm prescribed the shit. I'll be taking it every day along with my ativan.

i figure that eventually, i'll just have to settle with a dosage and keep it there, because i believe that's how people OD. They just keeping pushing the boundaries of getting fucked up until it's over. when you're dealing with a tolerance, you will eventually reach a point where the dosage it takes for you to get fucked up will just plain kill you. lol.

but thanks again for your help and your concern. it means alot.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:17 AM   #6
xexon
Destroyer Of Worlds

xexon is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Why are you trying to stop your heart?

x

xexon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:18 AM   #7
patHAOomg

Like this post? Yes | No    

thanks U4IA!!!

And I actually went ahead with it and I feel great so far. i just took 2 10's and 2mgs of ativan. i figured i'd start off small and work my way up. then you posted this reply, which is weird because you told me to take it slow lol.

but thanks for the feedback. i'll keep you posted.

i enjoy this forum. especially when i don't get replies from absolute retards hahaha
Old 09-17-2008, 02:21 AM   #8
kil0
The Rebel

Like this post? Yes | No    

no problem god.

eventhough I have the biggest problem finding opiates, Im grateful Im not prescribed anything. Thats what's kept my tolerance down, if not I'd be at u4ia's level, taking like 300mg of oxy a day. thats insane. atleast he's prescribed his shit too. Im confused by people who got like 120mg+ daily habbit, and are NOT prescribed anything. How the hell can they afford to pay for that shit??
Old 09-17-2008, 02:26 AM   #9
Feelings Of U4ia

Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by xexon View Post
Why are you trying to stop your heart?

x
Why do you not read the complete thread and leave some worthless comment? There are plenty of people who are perscribed to Benzo's AND opiates at the same time, myself being one of them. It can be dangerous, but not at lower levels and if you are experienced with both substances, so please stay away from this thread.

Thanks.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:27 AM   #10
Feelings Of U4ia

Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by patHAOomg View Post
thanks U4IA!!!

And I actually went ahead with it and I feel great so far. i just took 2 10's and 2mgs of ativan. i figured i'd start off small and work my way up. then you posted this reply, which is weird because you told me to take it slow lol.

but thanks for the feedback. i'll keep you posted.

i enjoy this forum. especially when i don't get replies from absolute retards hahaha
That is why I joined, I couldn't stand the amount of false information and horrible advice that was being thrown around.