Need help telling parents I'm a nudist - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Advertise on the Hip Forums   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Click to Advertise on the Hip Forums!
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: This forum is for naturists to discuss their favorite pastime.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:55 PM   #1
Wanttobenude-Keith

Wanttobenude-Keith is on a distinguished road
Need help telling parents I'm a nudist
Like this post? Yes | No    

I'm a closet nudist and I'm looking for some help, you see I want to tell my parents that I'm into nudism though my family isn't the most open minded when it comes to nudity and nudism.

How should I go about telling them?

All help is greatly appreciated
Wanttobenude-Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:04 PM   #2
SashaK
Tangerine Skies

SashaK is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Just show up to a family reunion Naked.....

haha no man just sit down and tell them.. and finish it with at least im not gay

Back from the rabbit hole
SashaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:42 PM   #3
Shale 
Lifetime Supporter

Shale is a splendid one to beholdShale is a splendid one to beholdShale is a splendid one to beholdShale is a splendid one to beholdShale is a splendid one to beholdShale is a splendid one to beholdShale is a splendid one to behold
Like this post? Yes | No    

You could get some background info about naturism, which is not such a taboo thing in Europe as it may be in North America. There are lots of nudists in Canada 'cause all of Canada seems to inhabit our nude beach here in South Florida during the winter months.

There's a lot of sites online. Try The Naturist Society or Florida Naturist Association, South Florida Free Beaches. Get some info on how normal it is and maybe it will allay some of their initial misgivings.

If it's the Right Direction - Swim Upstream
Shale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:28 PM   #4
pharmer420

pharmer420 is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

IMHO - some things are better left unsaid. What you do and enjoy does not always need to be shared with others. My grilfriend and i frequent nudist resorts often but i would never tell my parents. We just say we are going on vacation for a few days and leave it at that. Some times what people don't know won't hurt them. Good luck with what ever you decide.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:14 PM   #5
Son of John

Son of John is on a distinguished road
Telling parents
Like this post? Yes | No    

I agree with the post above. Why tell them? You are nearly an adult. You will be going away to school soon. You don't tell them everything else about your private life. You probably don't discuss masturbation with them either.

They probably would not receive the news well, so do them a favor and keep it to yourself.
Son of John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 05:49 PM   #6
Jedite83
Lover of Meet

Jedite83 is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

If you do decide to tell them..I would recommend wearing pants.
You don't have to tell them at all. it's your life after all and you don't need their approval. If you do tell them, I wish you the best of luck on it.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:26 PM   #7
 scratcho
Hip Forums Supporter

scratcho has a reputation beyond reputescratcho has a reputation beyond reputescratcho has a reputation beyond reputescratcho has a reputation beyond reputescratcho has a reputation beyond reputescratcho has a reputation beyond reputescratcho has a reputation beyond reputescratcho has a reputation beyond reputescratcho has a reputation beyond reputescratcho has a reputation beyond reputescratcho has a reputation beyond repute
Like this post? Yes | No    

It's always wise to wear pants when discussing anything with your parents.
scratcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 02:38 AM   #8
Spirit Wynd

Spirit Wynd is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

It can be difficult to tell parents things you know they don't understand, and even harder for them to listen until you're done explaining. So it's up to you to enlighten them...
Got time for an off school book report?
Gather some facts, incorporate your views and beliefs and write it on paper, not too long, maybe a page or so. This way they'll be told without interrupting you or giving their two cents before you finish.

Maybe, instead of telling them you're a nudist, just write general knowledge about it,including some highlighted facts, include your general ideas without out right admiting it and have discussion when they're in a good mood. You can say you're flirting with the idea of it.

This way you'll get a definate respose on their views and if they over react, then you can stay in the closet to avoid any parental units coming down on you, until old enough when they can't stop you.

Just a thought...
Peace
Spirit Wynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:24 PM   #9
Wanttobenude-Keith

Wanttobenude-Keith is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Thanks for the help all, I really appreciate it

Keith

(P.S. I found a PDF doc that might help my case it is titled "205 reasons to go nude")
Wanttobenude-Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:29 PM   #10
Shale 
Lifetime Supporter

Shale is a splendid one to beholdShale is a splendid one to beholdShale is a splendid one to beholdShale is a splendid one to beholdShale is a splendid one to beholdShale is a splendid one to beholdShale is a splendid one to behold
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanttobenude-Keith View Post
(P.S. I found a PDF doc that might help my case it is titled "205 reasons to go nude")
Hah! That is all over the Web in many different languages. It is put out by the Naturist Society and is full of quotes from everyone in history who has ever commented on nudism (including yours truly a couple of times - Look for Rob Boyte).

If it's the Right Direction - Swim Upstream
Shale is offline   Reply With Quote