Can Acid make you go crazy For The Rest Of You Life? - Page 12 - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Buy Posters Here!   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Click to see Sexy Dolls
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: From Sandoz to Leary to You!

Old 07-13-2008, 06:03 PM   #111
3xi

3xi is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlderWaterBrother View Post
Yada yada yada

Everything that being said is subjective, the old; it hasnít happened to me so it doesnít happen. Well, I can pretty much guarantee that no one posting on this thread has lost it on LSD, because if youíve lost it youíre not going to be posting anywhere. So we're not getting their opinions on the subject.

As to whether they are crazy or happy with their condition I donít know. The ones Iíve met and known donít talk or interact with others well so finding these things out is difficult.

Personally, I did LSD many times in the 60ís and 70ís but not since. Iíve never had a bad trip but have known those who have and known those who didnít come back. I would not give up my experiences with LSD but then I always came back, itís too bad we canít ask those who didnít come back how they feel about it.

Life is, as has been mention before, full of choices some more dangerous than others. Bungee Jumping and Sky Diving are more dangerous than walking or running. Taking LSD is more dangerous than not taking it, just as Sky Diving is more dangerous than not Sky Diving. For some the benefits out weight the dangers and for others they donít. Itís your choice. But donít let people tell you its all good because there can be a darker side.

What it comes down to is; you pays your money and you takes your chances.
i have known people who many thought of as the people who did too much acid and got fucked up and they are not at all fucked up, actually quite the opposite.

never have i known someone that lsd fucked up and i have known a lot of trippers. i know a few people (my brother included) who believe that acid has fucked them up in some way but i know them well enough to know that they are just insecure about being different and a little paranoid (all well deserved by the way).

there are many storys but no first hand accounts. even when someone says they know someone who went crazy we can not take their word for it when in most cases it is just a misunderstanding.

some people have bad trips and try to ruin it for every one else when they blame the drug and not themselves. if they blame the drug there is no hope, if they blame themselves they can heal.

i have been doing lsd for a long time. many people think that i am crazy (only those who know how much i have done and believe that lsd will drive you crazy that is)!

there are many people, myself being one of them, who are walking proof that lsd can be a wonderful drug.

even when my brother has a bad trip that he says fucked him up i smile because the asshole deserves it!

if more people used lsd the world would be a better place.

"for those of you in search of a light at the end of the tunnel ~ stop and look within!" -me
3xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 08:13 PM   #112
snocbor

snocbor will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xi View Post
i have known people who many thought of as the people who did too much acid and got fucked up and they are not at all fucked up, actually quite the opposite.

never have i known someone that lsd fucked up and i have known a lot of trippers. i know a few people (my brother included) who believe that acid has fucked them up in some way but i know them well enough to know that they are just insecure about being different and a little paranoid (all well deserved by the way).

there are many storys but no first hand accounts. even when someone says they know someone who went crazy we can not take their word for it when in most cases it is just a misunderstanding.

some people have bad trips and try to ruin it for every one else when they blame the drug and not themselves. if they blame the drug there is no hope, if they blame themselves they can heal.

i have been doing lsd for a long time. many people think that i am crazy (only those who know how much i have done and believe that lsd will drive you crazy that is)!

there are many people, myself being one of them, who are walking proof that lsd can be a wonderful drug.

even when my brother has a bad trip that he says fucked him up i smile because the asshole deserves it!

if more people used lsd the world would be a better place.
snocbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:42 AM   #113
Severely stoned

Severely stoned is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

I don't believe it could make anyone insane, lsd could reveal some great truth to you that you cant even believe you you have to keep telling everyone about it then they call you insane because they simply do not understand. That, I could see happening anything else? No.
Severely stoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:17 PM   #114
justice_windsong

Location: Panama City, Panama... south of mexico... the world
justice_windsong is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

I dont know much about schizophrenia and whatever sleepers LSD might wake up, but I can say all it takes is one really bad Hell trip to get you on some Prozac and a shrinks office... it hasnt happened to me, but Ive come close, real close, dying a thousand times in one night with the lingering sounds of police sirens for three days straight was weird, but all my friends becomming doctors and police officers, explaining to me that I have been in a coma for the past three years of my life. and could finally wake up if only i stop trying to, only i think waking up was actually death. anyways, if i put myself to think about that experience, to this day I cant tell what was real and what wasnt, if my roommates were really injecting me with syringes and if everything was tied together in spirals, a part of me thinks i wasnt supposed to know, but if i even think about it i almost feel like i know what it is to be a schizophrenic, the only way ive been able to put all that down was to dismiss it all as just a bad trip... but every once in a while ill smoke and the sirens come back, and this strange throbbing pain on the side of my neck comes back... i dunno... its definatly not for you if your not ready to have everything you dont want to see about your life shoved into your face. but i would definatly do it again and again if i ever cross paths with it again
justice_windsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:41 PM   #115
mr.morrison

mr.morrison is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

my first trip i took 9 tabs and was definatly tripping hard enough to do something dumb. coulda gotten hit by a car or something. but i was tripping too hard to even get up and move let alone jump out a window. but it wasnt a bad trip. just rediculusly intense

just respect the drug and youll be alright. do shit like the dumbfuck who did 4 tabs and coke, then you deserve to get fucked
Old 07-17-2008, 04:24 AM   #116
orjamicman

orjamicman is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

when you guys talk about "sticking to the naturals," that is actually kinda bullshit. Natural would be sleep or masturbation lol, which can actually both mess you up. But natural drugs like mushrooms and pot can mess you up too. I have heard of people being stuck in a shroom trip for months and its all the same as the LSD rumors, and it is classified as the same drug, so they both have possibility to do the same on you.

I, personally think that I am insane already, I mean, naturally I see things from a different perspective, and psychedelics could probably be the only thing to show me reality. thats how I look at it. I agree its not for everyone, but i am gonna try it out first hand, and as long as i dont abuse it, i think ill be okay.

sorry i kinda rambled on about that but w/e
orjamicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 03:53 AM   #117
Kramazing
Banned

Kramazing is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

when people say you can get s tuck in a trip. Is pretty much bs.
I mean sure you can have slight tracers or maybe slight distortion when you look at things. but I would def not call that being stuck in a trip
Kramazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:38 AM   #118
ZeroxBleach

ZeroxBleach is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Does LSD make you crazy?

Yes. It sure does.

But let's think for a minute as to what exactly crazy in this reference could mean. Too often crazy is mistaked for a stronger word known as insane. You can be crazy, and still not be quite insane. Crazy can mean many different things: Bizarre, impatient, infatuated, hell even enthusiastic about something.

It's true that once you've done acid, you'll never think the same again. I've tripped plenty of times, and I still remember how I felt the months after I tripped my first time. Everyday after that first time seemed like I had many more questions, more thoughts, and a much larger philosophy for how the world worked. I was enamoured with a strange lingering paranoia of everything around me, that lingers to this day, but it's very easy to ignore.

You're never the same after doing acid. Your brain, while of course nothing is proven, seems to just open up and allow you to recognize the wierd of the world whether you want to or not.

Of course, this begs the question of whether you can go outright legally insane off of acid. We've all heard that if you do acid 7 times you're legally insane. I'd honestly say this is a flat out ignorant claim. It has nothing really to do with how many times you've done it, but the amount you're on during a single trip can wiegh heavily on your life after. I'd say any trip where you're doing 1 - 2 hits, assuming you've tripped before, you can do alone and be perfectly fine; as long as you still have the mental capacity and strength to realize you need to be careful.

If you want to step the dose up and do 5 - 10 hits, I'd sit down with a few friends who are expierenced in that sort of dosage. Someone who can tell you you're tripping and you're not really an apple, or that the floor isn't really made of lava, or your ideas of how the world was birthed from a giant seagull is wrong. I've known many people who have tried this amount alone and wound up in the institution. Friends are your literally your safe zone on Acid, they can keep you sane enough to realise it'll end eventually.

In short, I think that as long as you keep your dosage low, your mind and life will be fine - if not just a tad crazy, but controllable. Most of all though always remember when you're doing good ole Lucy -- It is ALL Bullshit and Coincidence, so just have fun.
ZeroxBleach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 12:49 PM   #119
OlderWaterBrother 
May you drink deeply

OlderWaterBrother is a jewel in the roughOlderWaterBrother is a jewel in the roughOlderWaterBrother is a jewel in the roughOlderWaterBrother is a jewel in the rough
Like this post? Yes | No    

Once again, the question is; can it happen? The answer is simply, yes.
Does it happen often, probably not, but this does change the answer to the question; does it happen? The answer is yes.

All these; Iíve done LSD thousands of times and I know Acid and it canít happen answers are merely uninformed. LSD affects everyone differently and just because youíve always ďcome backĒ does not mean that everyone does.

As for all those; I know thousands of people whoíve done acid and theyíve all come back answers, I ask; even if youíve known 10 thousand people that have done Acid, and thatís doubtful, what percentage of all the people that have done Acid do you think that is? 1% maybe? That leaves a lot of people that have taken LSD that you donít know. Could some of those people not have come back?

I donít know thousands that have taken LSD but I do know one that did not come back. You might ask; maybe you only thought he was Crazy, whatever that is? The problem is he no longer communicates with the outside world. When you talk to him he does not acknowledge the fact. He simply does not talk and does not seem to even know what talking is. So finding out if heís crazy or sane or stuck in a trip or even happy or sad with his condition is a little hard to do. So what happened? I don't know, he took Acid and to me, he just didnít come back.

So when people ask if some people donít come back, I have to say; yes, it is a possibility, to say otherwise would be irresponsible.

and remember

True riches are who you are not what you have!

Do not sacrifice your imagination on the altar of crude reality and end up believing in nothing and having worthless dreams.
OlderWaterBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:13 PM   #120
RELAYER
mādhyamaka

RELAYER is an unknown quantity at this point
Like this post? Yes | No    

The truth is, you have to be a pretty pathetic person to be that frightened of heightened sensations and having revealtions about yourself and your own faults. If you are prone to have a mental disease, whatever that is, turn on, than LSD does not drive you crazy it just acts like a trigger, an accumulation of what a normal life would have done sooner or later.
But a regular dude dropping acid and never coming back? That's just sad.
RELAYER is offline   Reply With Quote