Do You Go To School Barefoot? - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Visit Sensi Seed Bank for Great Cannabis Genetics!   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room [4]

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Click to Advertise on the Hip Forums!
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: For those seeking advice or information on colleges, alternative schools, vocational training, etc.

Old 03-21-2008, 04:32 AM   #1
barefootdude

barefootdude is on a distinguished road
Do You Go To School Barefoot?
Like this post? Yes | No    

I am wondering how many of you surfer/hippies out there go to school barefoot. I've always been a surfer/hippie type who never wears shoes, so I never thought anything about going to school barefoot until one of my teachers asked me if I even own a pair of shoes. [LOL]. I haven't worn shoes to school since day one. My friends all think it's cool or extreme, some people give me nasty comments about having black-bottomed feet, or say "buy some shoes, you hippie". I only know of one other girl at school who doesn't wear shoes to school. She moved here from Hawaii. Just wanted to hear everyone elses comments.
barefootdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 06:42 AM   #2
mr.greenxxx
Not an Average Bear

mr.greenxxx has a spectacular aura aboutmr.greenxxx has a spectacular aura about
Like this post? Yes | No    

well if its not cold then its fine. thats actually a really cool thing imo, everyone who rips on you is an idiot.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:32 AM   #3
Don Juan

Don Juan is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

I'm kind of intrigued about this whole barefoot thing. I'm never tried it out in a public place like school or anything. Doesn't it hurt your feet to get all the stones in them and wouldn't it hurt a lot more if someone steps on your toes? It must get freezing too. Do you wear socks at anytime?

Another thing I wondered is why people do it..?
Don Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:55 AM   #4
Xzei

Xzei is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

w/e i just wear flip flops, best of both worlds
Old 03-21-2008, 02:14 PM   #5
barefootdude

Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.greenxxx
well if its not cold then its fine. thats actually a really cool thing imo, everyone who rips on you is an idiot.
Thanks Dude,
The only people who ever rip on me are the preppies or the stuck-up barbie doll type girls. They tell me to buy a pair of shoes or tell me it's gross that the bottoms of my feet get black. Everyone else tells me it looks really cool to see bare feet at school. My friends all tell me not to change because it's part of my surfer/hippie image.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:28 PM   #6
barefootdude

Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Juan
I'm kind of intrigued about this whole barefoot thing. I'm never tried it out in a public place like school or anything. Doesn't it hurt your feet to get all the stones in them and wouldn't it hurt a lot more if someone steps on your toes? It must get freezing too. Do you wear socks at anytime?

Another thing I wondered is why people do it..?
Well to answer your questions, No it doesn't hurt me at all. Don't feel bad, EVERYONE asks me that, especially at school. It gets really cold here from January until the beginning of March, so I buy a pair of cheap flip-flops and they usually get me through the winter until the break, then I just go barefoot all Spring, Summer and Fall. I found that after wearing flip-flops all winter the stones do hurt my feet for a bit, but after about a week or so your feet naturally build up skin and become tough. By summer my feet are usually as tough as leather and I don't feel hot pavements or even when it gets colder in November. It's like nature's answer to shoes.

I don't know why I even bother with flip-flops at all in the winter, because there was a girl I met when I first started college. She was in her final year, she was a foreign student from Canada and she would go barefoot all year long, even in the dead of winter. She said that she did not own a pair of shoes. So, I guess your feet can become so tough that you never need shoes at all. Mine are probably close to that because in the summer, I go hiking with friends sometime. They wear boots and I go completely barefoot without any trouble.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:07 PM   #7
philywilly

philywilly is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Have you been doing that your whole life?

philywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:56 PM   #8
barefootdude

Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by philywilly
Have you been doing that your whole life?
Pretty much so. I used to go out and play all day barefoot in the neighborhood. When I was in HS, I went through a short period of dating a preppy girl and I started dressing the part, but as soon as we broke up I asked myself what the Hell I was doing? Going out to eat and buying "in" clothes left me with a nice credit card debt. I am going to college now and I live on my own. Paying all your own bills leaves you with very little extra cash. Bare feet are FREE so it just seemed like the way to go. tye dye shirts, board shorts and bare feet.... that's my wardrobe and I'm stickin' to it. [LOL]
Old 03-26-2008, 07:56 PM   #9
jash89

jash89 is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Where do you go to school? I plan to go to New York so I don't know if it would be smart to walk around barefoot there, but it must be pretty chill walking barefoot on a regular basis.
jash89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:19 AM   #10
barefootdude

Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by jash89
Where do you go to school? I plan to go to New York so I don't know if it would be smart to walk around barefoot there, but it must be pretty chill walking barefoot on a regular basis.
Yeah, It's pretty cool just going to school all day with bare feet. You gotta put up with having black-bottomed feet all the time, but I seem to get alot of positive comments from other people at school. Teachers just shake their heads but they don't yell at me or anything. I go to LCCC college in Schnecksville PA. You can see the link to it on my MySpace page if you look under my schools.