Drug test for hydrocodone - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Click to Hookup!   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Join the Facebook of Sex
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: Discuss the various options available to pass drug tests and other legal issues
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 08:06 PM   #1
LINDACONNER45

Like this post? Yes | No    

Two questions:
FIRST:
Does HYDROCODONE show up in the standard pre-employment urine test? I think not, but would like someone who knows for sure to confirm this.

SECOND:
If somebody WANTS to test for hydrocodone, can that be done? Can it be done with a urine test or does it need a blood test?

I need for sure answers, please.

Old 02-23-2008, 08:16 PM   #2
MDA

MDA is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Haha I dont think you know much about drug tests and/or drugs. Hydrocodone is an OPIATE and most certainly WILL come out in a drug test. Any drug test to be specific. You will fail for OPIUM/OPIATES on the test. Its basically just like failing for heroin, because when you have heroin in your system (also an opiate) you would fail for the same thing... OPIUM/OPIATES.

So you're gonna want that out of your system, it only takes 3-4 days though...
Old 02-23-2008, 08:16 PM   #3
Geneity
self-proclaimed advocate

Geneity is on a distinguished road
1 out of 1 members like this post. Like this post? Yes | No    

No. Standard opiate drug tests look for morphine and codeine. Hydrocodone breaks down into Hydromorphone.

Yes. Urine or blood, but it's not on standard test and must be specifically tested for.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:34 PM   #4
MDA

Like this post? Yes | No    

What?

HYDROCODONE WILL DEFINITELY SHOW IN A DRUG TEST

I know this for a FACT first hand

It's very unlikely you're going to get a test that doesnt look for hydrocodone
Old 02-23-2008, 09:10 PM   #5
Geneity
self-proclaimed advocate

1 out of 1 members like this post. Like this post? Yes | No    

You have no idea what you're talking about so please be quiet.

http://www.erowid.org/pharms/hydroco..._testing.shtml

"Hydrocodone may not cause a positive result in a standard opiate urine test. Many opiate tests test only for morphine (which both codeine and heroin break down into). This is true for both home/business kits and laboratory testing. Hydrocodone does not break down into morphine, and is therefore not detected by these tests."

Thanks, bye.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:46 PM   #6
MDA

Like this post? Yes | No    

Dude, whatever. Ive failed drug tests because I did hydrocodone, so I dont really care what you THINK you know.

"Standard opiate drug test"

Well, ive never taken an OPIATE drug test, but NORMAL drug tests are a different story. I really dont care how smart you THINK you are, you dont know for 100% that he wont fail his test so dont say that. I got a UT and failed for opiates. Only thing I did was vicodin. I know from first hand experiences but whatever bro

Oh yeah and a point of advice... the whole trying to put yourself above others on the internet thing is pretty beat, take your "Thank you, bye" and "please be quite" and SHOVE IT kid. PEACE.

Bascially, what it comes down to is weather or not your urine is tested in a lab. It most likely will be. Then you WILL fail, like I did a while ago. If you're lucky and get a real basic out dated test then you might pass like the kid above me said. You're piss will most likely be sent to a lab though.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:57 PM   #7
Geneity
self-proclaimed advocate

Like this post? Yes | No    

A little less attack would be nice. Simply stating that it's not a huge possibility that he'll fail because he's taken hydrocodone.

I suppose the safest bet would be to refrain from using it before the test.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:23 PM   #8
Oldgypsy

Oldgypsy is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

I think Geneity is correct. I know for a fact, hydrocodone is a DIFFERENT FORMULA than the breakdown from plain old codeine. What I do NOT remember is whether hydrocodone also showed up in the plain old pre-employment test, I do not think it did, because I only got a phone call about codeine. However as MDA says it would be better safe than sorry. One thing I can say for sure is that tramadol will NOT show up in standard pre-employment urine test.

OK, now for a new question - How about oxycodone? Same thing, do they test for it "standardly" and if not, is there a test that CAN be done for it?

Thanks guys
Old 02-25-2008, 03:44 AM   #9
polymer

polymer is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

what sort of urine test are we talking? TLC, or GC-MS? if it's the latter, it could show
up (if it's assayed for it). hydrocodone metabolyzes to hydromorphone/oxycodone to oxymorphone via CYP2D6.

and tramadol won't show up because it's not an opiate at all (not a morphinan). it's an atypical opioid (piperidine derivative)
Old 02-25-2008, 03:06 PM   #10
Oldgypsy

Oldgypsy is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

I wish I could tell you "what sort of test", Polymer (TLC or GC-MS or whatever) - I am reasonably sure that a pre-employment urine test is going to be some fairly cheap standard test but I have never seen their results, so I do not know WHAT they test for. I was hoping there was somebody on this site who does because he or she has been in the business of testing or some such. I would hazard a guess there are at most 3 sorts of "standard" tests used, and they test for A, B, C, X, Y whatever and that is it. I used to maintain a system at a life insurance company (a computer system, I am a mainframe programmer) that analyzed results of blood tests and urine tests given to proposed insureds. They were looking for other health indicators and other drugs such as diuretics, especially with the blood tests, but with urine too. They did NOT do a drug screen unless the policy was for X dollars, or for some other criteria, but when they DID do a drug screen, they had a category for heroin/morphine and some other category for codeine (and I never COULD figure out how they could differentiate because I have always heard it ALL turns into something like morphine) but I do NOT recall any separate category for these synthetics like hydrocodone or oxycodone. And I don't know whether you'd fail the drug screen for taking one of those.

If MDA says he failed a drug test because of using hydro, one has to believe it - I am just wondering if somebody knows exactly what usually gets tested for on these pre-employment tests. And, suppose the tester wanted to find out IF a person was taking a specific drug such as hydrocodone or oxycodone - could they test for it? (By answers given above, it appears they could)

I know tramadol is atypical, but the thing is, it prevents withdrawals for some people, and so if you know you have to test and you have tramadol, it is good to use for several days before testing.
Closed Thread