Hallucinations while sick - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Click for organic and wildcrafted herbs, teas and essential oils.   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Join the Facebook of Sex
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: Post strange ideas, experiences, stories, images or strange things you've encountered.

Old 02-16-2008, 07:50 PM   #1
boek

boek is on a distinguished road
Hallucinations while sick
Like this post? Yes | No    

When I was younger, I got sick every now and then, but it was a strange kind of sickness. I can remember one time in September 2000 when I thought I had the stomach flu -- I was achey, had a fever, I couldn't eat, it hurt when I peed, had diarrhea. But the weirdness would happen at night. I was hallucinating things in my living room (I recall 'seeing' a large tent in my living room and there were people in it, and another time it looked like white noise was "snowing" to the ground in my parents room). I slept with the TV listings channel on, and there were commercials and stuff on the channel, but the voices of the people would be quiet, and then they would get really, really loud (in my head). Even if I turned down the volume on the TV I was having visual and auditory hallucinations. It was the scariest thing that ever happened to me and has happened about two times since.

Has this experience/illness (strange hallucinations while sick) happened to anyone else? I didn't know where to put this but it was so weird.
boek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:36 PM   #2
FireflyInTheDark
The Cynical Flower Girl

FireflyInTheDark is just really niceFireflyInTheDark is just really niceFireflyInTheDark is just really niceFireflyInTheDark is just really niceFireflyInTheDark is just really nice
Like this post? Yes | No    

That's terrifying. I never hallucinated visually when I was sick (though I hallucinate at the drop of a hat since I had a seizure in 2005- a side effect of zoloft), but I used to get delirious, talking to people that weren't there, reliving past conversations and speaking my part aloud. I never saw anything, though.
Now, I see what appears to be little points of rainbow light scurrying across my field of vision like insects. My doctor says its a kind of migraine.
Also, when I haven't had a lot of sleep, the walls bulge out at me.
The funny thing is, I've never touched a hallucinogen in my life. Who needs that when I've got this show going on in my head?

FireflyInTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:32 PM   #3
pizzicatofive

pizzicatofive is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

That happened to me as a kid with the flu several times.

The first time I took a high dosage of DXM, I thought, 'oh yeah, I remember this.'
pizzicatofive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:35 PM   #4
tutex

tutex is an unknown quantity at this point
Like this post? Yes | No    

I had a bad crash when i was about 8 and after that i kept getting this fucking wierd noise we called the lighting noise the doctor said it was normal or somthing but it was like thunder loud as fuck
tutex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:46 AM   #5
sexual_pervert

sexual_pervert is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireflyInTheDark
but I used to get delirious, talking to people that weren't there, reliving past conversations and speaking my part aloud. I never saw anything, though.
are you sure that's considered to be delirious? because I have to admit the exact same thing happens to me all the time!
enlighten me please!
sexual_pervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:53 AM   #6
CloudFlower

CloudFlower is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

I've had some hardcore hallucinations when I'm sick, especially when sleep deprived
Old 03-28-2008, 06:17 PM   #7
FireflyInTheDark
The Cynical Flower Girl

FireflyInTheDark is just really niceFireflyInTheDark is just really niceFireflyInTheDark is just really niceFireflyInTheDark is just really niceFireflyInTheDark is just really nice
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexual_pervert
are you sure that's considered to be delirious? because I have to admit the exact same thing happens to me all the time!
enlighten me please!
According to the American Heritage Stedman's Medical Dictionary:

de·lir·i·um:

A temporary state of mental confusion resulting from high fever, intoxication, shock, or other causes, and characterized by anxiety, disorientation, memory impairment, hallucinations, trembling, and incoherent speech.

Close enough for me.

FireflyInTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:17 PM   #8
dudeman99

dudeman99 is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

ohh man i used to trip ballz when i was a little kid with a high fever.
ok now what i can remember on some different occasions.
i was sleeping in my bed and woke up. i was sure i was on a mission to get gold bricks from the door in the middle of my parents bed. i walked into thier room and i actually saw a trap door, opened it, and started bringing gold back to my room. my parents woke up and were like what are you doing. i told them and they were like oookayyy. so my mom new i had a severe fever and i took a cold shower and i was sitting there with her and i thought these huge soccer players were trying to trample our house so i started screaming and shit. it was so scary.
then there were times when i would just look at the t.v. and it would swirl and become a portal type thing

so yea
Old 04-09-2008, 10:26 PM   #9
Freedom_Man

Location: One consciousness out of billions on a chunk of place called Earth in the middle of Eternity.
Freedom_Man is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

i remember when i was little i'd get sick and hallucinate. i thought the cookie monster was in my room and actually saw him sitting there haha, or a big evil bunny was gonna get me and saw him to.

i had delusions, like i thought people was stealing my shit and running out on the street with it haha.
Freedom_Man is offline   Reply With Quote